The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they redesigned him quite some time ago, I prefer his more... practical look.

Btw, can't believe some people are still complaining about the graphics. Literally just added sharpening (probably didn't even need to do that) + readjusted the contrast level (something you can do from the game's settings) and added those black bars from the trailer:

Come on, folks, give it a rest already.

The only way the newer one could be improved was if the smoke was more like the old one. The flames and alot of assets them self looks better in the new one but the smoke makes the scene.

(something you can do from the game's settings)

That's an awesome option right there, and it kind of explains a lot regarding the weird black levels since the art direction change :).

By the way, do you know if the game's renderer features any kind of high-dynamic range? This is the last bit of information that I have been looking for, but I couldn't find anything. That's quite an expensive feature bandwidth-wise and I don't believe TW2 had it. That's the last big technical point I'm wondering about.

But yeah, the game look great, there's no arguing that.

That's a shame, the older one was way cooler imo. Less practical yes, but it was cooler and I wish he just changed it in case he intended to fight.

Yeah I asked the devs many times if they can make a DLC of the old armor, looks so much more badass imo... They liked the idea so I really hope they discuss it and we get a positive reaction to it :)

About the previous fire yeah I am not a graphic expert when it comes to terms and what settings which pictures uses and all but that old fire looked better than in real life whether the new screens it's your typical more or less ugly fire that appears in almost every current game, even with those added effects @reptile , it still looks very low res or something like pixelated and made in small parts... Hard to explain as I have said :p

Yeah, they redesigned him quite some time ago, I prefer his more... practical look.

Btw, can't believe some people are still complaining about the graphics. Literally just added sharpening (probably didn't even need to do that) + readjusted the contrast level (something you can do from the game's settings) and added those black bars from the trailer:

Come on, folks, give it a rest already.

Well...to be fair...the fire is lower resolution lol.

And I can't believe people are still trying to shove away valid complaints. The textures, lighting and fire are not as good as they were in VGX. Look at the particle effects.

You assume much. I never said it was used in W2. I just pointed out in fact that it was possible to have tessellation in DX9 games. Whether it was used by devs is another matter entirely. Some here were acting as if DX9 had no tessellation. I wanted to stop people from spreading FUD! Should sound familiar..... ;-)

Ahh... Well yes I assumed that because the argument started on the point that TW2 has more tessellated environments than TW3 which is wrong so when you posted that library I thought you're implying it's existence in TW2.

On the other hand, I said FUD because denouncing the game on the basic of something that doesn't exist is indeed FUD, some guys are not technical enough or don't have enough interest in these things so all they get is the impression that game is downgraded even below Witcher 2 level which isn't the case.

Thanks Gods we'll have the confirmation in two weeks!

Too many months entering in this thread expecting for reading something new and always finding the same complains. Originality has had a real downgrade.

Too many months entering in this thread expecting for reading something new and always finding the same complains. Originality has had a real downgrade.

Complaints are no less valid because they've been brought up over and over again.

This scene with burning village has post-processing. Confirmed by Lead Cinematic on Max3D.pl forum after SOD trailer. So we cant compare objectively.

Then I suppose those of us saying CDPR was engaging in complete BS when saying the game will look as good as in VGX where obviously correct. I might point out VGX had the in-game footage message right before it started.

Then I suppose those of us saying CDPR was engaging in complete BS when saying the game will look as good as in VGX where obviously correct. I might point out VGX had the in-game footage message right before it started.

they probably just assumed most people's would be less petty and more understanding of the reality of game development and permit some changes to occur.

he said all footage before logo is raw from game

only burning village from previous e3 2013 had post-process

My bad then.

they probably just assumed most people's would be less petty and more understanding of the reality of game development and permit some changes to occur.

Petty? Seriously now? Petty is complaining about the fact the developer engaged in false advertising in making their game look better then it actually does?

No one forced CDPR to release unrealistic looking traliers that they couldn't match when the game came out and no one forced CDPR to make them openly state the that game will look as good as it did in those trailers when it comes out.

When it comes to the former I am disappointed since I had really hoped TW3 would be that gobsmacking game that was promised in terms of visuals but I would have understood if they been rather clean about it instead of all this nonsense we've gotten. Instead they just pissed me off.

Last edited:
he said all footage before logo is raw from game

only burning village from previous e3 2013 had post-process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g

https://youtu.be/Pt91NLt6mEU?t=18s

I had never seen this one, those are really incredible effects. I don't think CPDR has given any reason to believe that any technique from this video has been removed from the PC version? I am really floored, in particular by the volume-based translucency. If those effects are still in - and there's every reason to believe they are - indeed a slap in the face is due :).

Edit : at 0:40, the burning village can be seen in a lit environment which is much closer to what we have seen in-game. Given that all the rendering techniques previously showcased are (probably) activated for this scene, I am reassured about the PC version. I just hope all those techniques are still in, but I don't want to open that can of worms by speculating :p.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom