The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope not anymore, the downgrade is real =(

Like I said many months ago, they cut lots of features so the console version and PC version can be nearly identical. Sorry everyone......we live in a console focused market.

Can you or someone else show us a similar scene where the effect is apparently gone? I haven't scene a similar scene to this.

@harkinsteven

Thats the wrong way to go... nuff said.... we re all gamers. Or at last we should be

@misho8723

I personally never did that... 35 min DEMO was (for me personally) the reference i "compared" the following
footage to. Even i didn participate in that downgrade crap... only reason why i post here and now is.
Because it is clearly visible that effects are "missing" and that worrys me for the guys from the dev team.
Since i am sure they are already put an enormus amount of effort into TW3.

Well, I love how the game looks too.. but that those really great looking and immersive effects are now missing, is really bad and sad.. the PC version could have atleast have those.. real shame

I'm so sick of the consoles holding the PC back. CDPR I never thought you'd sell out on the PC version. You severely downgraded the PC version. It clear to all of us now.

Such is the case with a multi-platform title, sadly. CD Projekt RED have opted to streamline the development process and ensure that the game looks palatable on each platform. You can be sure that much of the revenue will be attributed to the console versions of the game. They obviously decided against a PC exclusive for a good reason.
It's all about mass appeal, and not catering to the exceptional few. They aren't going to invest heavily in the enthusiast crowd, but for the greater multitude. The latter are the target audience, whether you like it or not.

Well, I love how the game looks too.. but that those really great looking and immersive effects are now missing, is really bad and sad.. the PC version could have atleast have those.. real shame

Just wait with the final judge till you have it on your system, like i do.
For now we have only information from screens, gifs, gameplays they are taken out of
videos. It is just like i said, play it, test for those effects and then you can ask WHY and ask
also for a pretty PLEASE BRING BACK ;) until then... we can' t say for sure.

Such is the case with a multi-platform title, sadly. CD Projekt RED have opted to streamline the development process and ensure that the game looks palatable on each platform. You can be sure that much of the revenue will be attributed to the console versions of the game. They obviously decided against a PC exclusive for a good reason.
It's all about mass appeal, and not catering to the exceptional few. They aren't going to invest heavily in the enthusiast crowd, but for the greater multitude. The latter are the target audience, whether you like it or not.

That's what graphical settings are for. You lower/higher the detail based on your PC, not completely cut out effects on the PC because the consoles can't handle it.

Tessellation is in game. It is on terrain and water. Do not sure about objects.

Look the ground. It is completely flat.

And I really didn't want to use Inquisition as comparison, but:

i dont care if it doesnot looks much better on a PC . If they have optimized it for the consoles i expect that similar hardware on a pc would give out the same relults( 750ti/660)

Although it does defeat the purpose of having a 980 and seeing just a little improvement even with hardware that is really powerful

I'm so sick of the consoles holding the PC back. CDPR I never thought you'd sell out on the PC version. You severely downgraded the PC version. It clear to all of us now.

Unfortunately this seems to be true. I thought that ultra quality would be something impressive, a big step up from the console versions. But now that we've seen the PS4 footage, it appears that the PC version isn't really that different..

Game still looks great, but it's undeniably been downgraded in the quality of it's assets and effects..

i dont care if it doesnot looks much better on a PC . If they have optimized it for the consoles i expect that similar hardware on a pc would give out the same relults( 750ti/660)

Although it does defeat the purpose of having a 980 and seeing just a little improvement even with hardware that is really powerful

It wont give similar optimization result from pc hardware to ps4 hardware. You'll need a much stronger PC to run it at ps4 settings.

It wont give similar optimization result from pc hardware to ps4 hardware. You'll need a much stronger PC to run it at ps4 settings.

No you don't, I won't get into this here but that is nonsense. Go look at footage of i3/750ti footage beating the consoles with ease.

thats what i am angry about. the PS4 doesnot have that great hardware , maybe equal to a 660 at the max ( plus the weaker cpus) , yet we pc gamers need a 970/980 to do the same.

But sorry for the previous post , i should wait till i have played the game myself before judging

thats what i am angry about. the PS4 doesnot have that great hardware , maybe equal to a 660 at the max ( plus the weaker cpus) , yet we pc gamers need a 970/980 to do the same.

But sorry for the previous post , i should wait till i have played the game myself before judging

We can have similar pc hardware equal to ps4 to get that 1080/30fps. cost about 400-500. Only reason why we think it look worse is because we usually sit very close to our monitors. The lower quality textures and lack of AA is easier noticeable.

And I really didn't want to use Inquisition as comparison, but:

That's the sad part ain't it?

I mean DA sucks in terms of hair and fur but that's really the only drawback in terms of visuals compared to TW3.

You are forgetting two things:

1) PC's require a bit more ''horsepower'' to run games at the same level as a console does. Consoles utilise their weaker GPU/CPU better than a PC with the same set would, because they are machines optimised for gaming + there is no variance in specs which makes optimisation easier for devs.

2) The GTX 980 is for 1080p/60FPS, which consoles cannot achieve + Hairworks and some other little bits and bobs. If you were to run the game at 1080p/30FPS or 900p/30FPS the specs will scale down closer to console hardware, even more so without hairworks.

Basically yes, there isn't a huge difference between PC Ultra and PS4, yes the drawing distance is a bit better and you'll have things like Hairworks. But people who did call the visual parity statement from earlier this year ''PR move not to upset console players/M$'' is simply BS. Does the game look amazing visually? Hell yes it does. Are there clear differences from what we were shown in promotional material way back? Yes. Am I mad bro/brah's? Nope, the game looks good and every other element (gameplay/story/atmosphere) looks fantastic so I am totally pumped.

That's the sad part ain't it?

I mean DA sucks in terms of hair and fur but that's really the only drawback in terms of visuals compared to TW3.

DAI is also a crossgen title, and not explicitly current gen like the Witcher 3, so we can at least cut Bioware some slack for making lots of compromises for DAI..

I feel the need to point out of the obvious difference between consoles and PC. PC version is designed to run at 60 FPS whereas console games run at 30 FPS.

What we do know is that it took CDPR a very large amount of optimzation to run at the game at 1080p/60 FPS on a PC with a 980 and haswell i7. This of course takes into consideration Hairworks, Physx etc. that console versions will not have.

The downgrade is real, anyone denying that particular situation is full of shit as far as I care but I don't quite believe it's due them seeking parity with consoles, rather it's due to them reaching too far and then finding out that no PC could realistically run at max settings at 60 FPS unless you go into SLI territory, and quite frankly SLI or a Titan X should be there for higher resolution/framerates.

My problem with CDPR is the amount of bilge they've thrown our way with regards to this. Instead of openly admitting that they had to cut things back due performance issues they instead have refuted the claims time and time and time again, with the Community Manager on this forum calling those of us that have consistently talked about the downgrade situation as being "tools" or both CMs saying that Elder Blood was due to YT compression. A load of bilge bigger then a whale.

Last edited:
No you don't, I won't get into this here but that is nonsense. Go look at footage of i3/750ti footage beating the consoles with ease.

How come the PC footage with a 980gtx looks nearly the same as the ps4 footage?? Huh huh ?

Real world performance from high end PC parts to optimization is completely different, and that's the dicussion here. We all know a 980gtx is much more powerful than what's in the ps4 but it's all about the optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom