The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I share everyone's frustration that perfectly fine effects unable to run on consoles should be kept as options on the PC version. Only time will tell if we'll be awed or disappointed. But I'd be frustrated if the game couldn't scale graphically compared to consoles. But enough words have been written about that.

Regarding the terrain, in TW3 it actually is tessellated with a lot of finesses when it comes it its surface's multiple textures. However this happens on the scale of the ginormous map, instead of the comparatively constrained spaces of DA:I. Which is why fine details probably can't be handled through this and objects have to be positioned by artists. That's the craft of an open-world and all that jazz.

Source : http://twvideo01.ubm-us.net/o1/vault/GDC2014/Presentations/Gollent_Marcin_Landscape_Creation_and.pdf.

Look at the bottom right.
It's not under the water.

Really? sometimes some of you seem to be right but other seem kidding Do you really know that is not under water?....

I'm very scare for the day this game will be watch on 32" and over screens....

hopefully dx 12 will change that.

This is just a speculation , but if what CD said about 770 being able to give just high med @30 fps , it is nuts.however if a 660/750ti would cut it then i am fine

PS- ps4 seems to have more popin of textures. And water doesnot have any physics i think( roach stepping on a puddle didnt have any effect)

Thankfully mods... thankfully DX12, thankfully what else?

Dammit, the game is not released yet but even if it won't satisfy some of you why will you buy something so horrible and bad created?

Take a break and look at this. Look at all little objects, the materials, how the light effect to surface, just how amazing everything looks.

EDIT. It looks like there is tessellation on objects too. Objects looks so smooth and rounded. I thing it is because of tessellation.

Attachments

• 11063888_1597633720480168_2495170979283673417_o.jpg
    11063888_1597633720480168_2495170979283673417_o.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
hopefully dx 12 will change that.

This is just a speculation , but if what CD said about 770 being able to give just high med @30 fps , it is nuts.however if a 660/750ti would cut it then i am fine

PS- ps4 seems to have more popin of textures. And water doesnot have any physics i think( roach stepping on a puddle didnt have any effect)

What DX12? Some future patch maybe? There is no such thing in developement, as far as we know.
Any source on that 770/30 fps thing? Sounds ridiculous.
As for the puddles - I better double check, but if I'm not mistaken, the puddles did no hoof related splatter on PC either (apart from the sound). Only river/lake does.
The Aard doing nothing with the surface on the other hand - that looked quite obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNuFKOcu7w

if I'm not mistaken the e3 demo is the same if not a very similar build to the 35 min demo, how could we nearly a year later not have visuals up to the standard of a demo that ran on a PC with Xbox One comparative hardware on a build that was not properly optimized yet? the specs that the e3 and 35 min demo ran on where never confirmed but I doubt could be better than a 700 series card available at the time or they couldn't have been even thinking about people running hair works even today. it doesn't make any sense that we would be loosing features that presumably at one point where also available or at least possible to have on console and in a build that even with fps drops is more stable than most so called completed AAA titles, namely anything produced by Ubisoft

Would be great if CDP could release some uncompressed ps4 footage. I'm curently watching the uncompressed "Precious cargo" footage and it looks fantastic.I doubt a ps4 can achieve such a grahpics and the shitty youtube quality makes it hard to judge if it's close. But if there won't be any noticeable differences between pc ultra and ps4 (aside from nvidia features and 30vs 60 fps) i would be certainly disappointed by CDP.
This being said, like mentioned before the game still looks great and graphics are one of the least important aspects of the game for me.

Shadows?

It seems like there's a disturbing lack of shadows indoor, or from non-sun sources of light.

For example, this image has obviously zero shadows drawn and it looks like an indoors environment.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd....94_1597340517176155_8334575142214432513_o.jpg

Then again, outdoors with sun shining seem to have no issues.
https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/h...27_1597340563842817_3723733519383769757_o.jpg

Both pictures were released within 24 hours. Anyone explain and please tell me it's a bug/glitch/turned off feature?

its from the time when the syst req were released.

the recommended is a 770 , an when asked if it was ultra / high @ 60 , they responded with high medium @ 30

didnt see pc gameplay trailers, so no idea

Look the ground. It is completely flat.

And I really didn't want to use Inquisition as comparison, but:

Comparing those 2 images, if I need to chose between W3 visuals without tessellation and DA:I visuals with tessellation, I say: fuck tessellation. Please, DA:I looks just disgusting. You can call me a fanboy if you want but art style and overall graphical fidelity in W3 is light years above DA:I.

Comparing those 2 images, if I need to chose between W3 visuals without tessellation and DA:I visuals with tessellation, I say: fuck tessellation. Please, DA:I looks just disgusting. You can call me a fanboy if you want but art style and overall graphical fidelity in W3 is light years above DA:I.

In fact, I was talking only about tessellation, not about the graphic overall.

It seems like there's a disturbing lack of shadows indoor, or from non-sun sources of light.

For example, this image has obviously zero shadows drawn and it looks like an indoors environment.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd....94_1597340517176155_8334575142214432513_o.jpg

Then again, outdoors with sun shining seem to have no issues.
https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/h...27_1597340563842817_3723733519383769757_o.jpg

Both pictures were released within 24 hours. Anyone explain and please tell me it's a bug/glitch/turned off feature?

First look at that. Almost everything cast shadow.

https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/h...88_1597633720480168_2495170979283673417_o.jpg

The shadow depend on 2 factor.

1. Does the light cast shadow
2. Does the object cast shadow.

In this game sun, candle fire, torch fire cast shadow. But light from signs, light from explosions does not cast shadows.

And the grass, little rocks, and some little objects does not cast shadow. But all other models, characters and etc cast shadows.

So in first picture the Igni fire killed all shadows from torch and did not cast any shadow after that. Because of that we can't see any shadow.

In second picture the sun illuminate everything and every object cast shadows except grass.

So i think it not glitch or bug. It can not be every light and object cast shadow in such big game.

Could anyone share the link of the latest build where aard doesn't reflect on water anymore? Couldn't find it

First look at that. Almost everything cast shadow.

https://scontent-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/h...88_1597633720480168_2495170979283673417_o.jpg

The shadow depend on 2 factor.

1. Does the light cast shadow
2. Does the object cast shadow.

In this game sun, candle fire, torch fire cast shadow. But light from signs, light from explosions does not cast shadows.

And the grass, little rocks, and some little objects does not cast shadow. But all other models, characters and etc cast shadows.

So in first picture the Igni fire killed all shadows from torch and did not cast any shadow after that. Because of that we can't see any shadow.

In second picture the sun illuminate everything and every object cast shadows except grass.

So i think it not glitch or bug. It can not be every light and object cast shadow in such big game.

Sure you can have all objects cast a shadow, it just requires horsepower. AFAIK there isn't any middleware to stop them from giving option to have signs etc cast shadows even if it was very taxing in performance. Dissapointing

I know everyone around here is concerned about the obvious downgrade and I am as well. But besides from that, I think what we have seen in the new monsters-trailer, the twitch-gameplay from yesterday and even the PS 4 footage, the game looked considerably better in terms of lightning/ color temperature/ contrast or whatever you want to call it. As it was stated in another thread, it doesn't seem so "washed out" as shown in the youtuber's videos from earlier. I really like that fact and hope I'm not the only one noticing it :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom