The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the skin hair and characters look like they are dipped in liquid plastic.

But the environment is properly mapped, with volumetric clouds and effects

---------- Updated at 04:14 PM ----------

This is about as pitiful as Watch Dog's headlights not casting dynamic shadows.

Water doesn't react? Blood doesn't show up? Blood turned from liquid to confetti? Grounds are a bunch of flat textures and nothing more? Water looks like jelly? Interior lighting is crap?

REALLY?

This game doesn't "set the bar" for graphics. Nor does it hold back for "consoles".

The truth is that they hold it back because they expect the average PC gamer to have like a 700 series GPU or something.

The ONLY hope..the ONLY hope left is that this is all a sort of "ruse", and true Ultra settings haven't actually been shown yet.

Don't bet the house on it, I'm pretty sure the Nvidia pictures are a good as it will get, complete with 'stone' walls with corners that look like they were drawn with a T square.

No they don't. PS4 only has access to about 5gb of memory and this has to be spilt across VRAM and system ram task. People seem always seem to think that this pool of memory is ONLY for VRAM task when in fact it has to store AI,Sounds,Music,game logic and what ever else the CPU has to process.

Still, it's a big chunk if optimized right. Games seldom use more than 2-3GB or RAM for CPU cache, so they should still have 2-3GB free for GPU which is okay for 1080p. Source on PS4 operating system eating 3GB, as that sounds like a lot?

No, he said volumetric clouds were in and then cut back. Volumetric fog was never in.

Please use proper terms. Nobody has ever had "volumetric clouds" in a game, as it's impossible to render effectively with current hardware. Proper term is semi-volumetric clouds. Also semi-volumetric fog was never in, but aerial perspective fog was and from what I've seen still is. Which is an Nvidia tech.

Still, it's a big chunk if optimized right. Games seldom use more than 2-3GB or RAM for CPU cache, so they should still have 2-3GB free for GPU which is okay for 1080p. Source on PS4 operating system eating 3GB, as that sounds like a lot?

even if it has 4gb vram , it should have the horsepower to utilize it right? it is like giving a gt610 with 2gb vram

Guys don't forget that PC is also 60 fps and a higher resolution!

That being said, a clarification from some devs would be nice. Regarding all this. Maybe clarify situation with tessellation physx and stuff.

Guys don't forget that PC is also 60 fps and a higher resolution!

That being said, a clarification from some devs would be nice. Regarding all this. Maybe clarify situation with tessellation physx and stuff.
You do realize that the fact that PS4 looks exactly like PC is a bad sign right/ Considering that PC hardware of even a half decent one is three times as powerful

There was never any volumeteric fog, there was aerial rendered fog. But it has not been seen in recent footage so it is probably scrapped :(.

As far as I can tell, majority of the Nvidia effects are seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALGJGDRnHT0
Just not as "in your face" as the tech demo video they showed, but that much was expected anyway.

---------- Updated at 04:35 PM ----------

Thanks, I haven't been following the console scene throughoutly enough to have noticed.

Jeez, all that whining about graphics already. How many open world games with better graphics do you people know, that have better graphics?

Regarding some of the posts over the last hour or so, since the PS4 video came out.

While giving feedback and engaging in discussion is fine, repetitive and hyperbolic posting aimed at "heating up" the discussion is not. I suggest that those engaging in such behaviour walk away from the this for a while, otherwise we'll take whatever steps are necessary to calm this down.

Why cant u guys just wait till the game releases? And then u can really start bashing at it? I dont think we have still seen the gold build..

Reason for some people to be upset is because they've preorder and had expectation of what they where seeing at that time. With these rumors of downgrading the PC game for consoles has some clients concerned of the witcher they have invested in.

good to know i have to spend couple thousand dollars for PC which runs PS4 graphic on 60 FPS

wow, at least i will be able to have mods which will fix basic blood splatters ( hope Redkit will be released faster than 2 years after premiere )

seriously wow, EA Projekt

Last edited:
Jeez, all that whining about graphics already. How many open world games with better graphics do you people know, that have better graphics?

I think the issue is not that it doesn't look good, but that it seems to look worse now than it did earlier in development.

Reason for some people to be upset is because they've preorder and had expectation of what they where seeing at that time. With these rumors of downgrading the PC game for consoles has some clients concerned of the witcher they have invested in.

"rumours" Thats exactly what they are. It is so ridicilous to even think that CDPR would actually downgrade the PC version just so that they can make it identical or close to console versions. I mean why? Every console owner knows that PC is ultimatum in raw power graphics etc. Im starting to think that maybe it should be like that. To devote more time on console optimations just because maybe console copies sell more?? This war between PC and consoles its just pathetic.

I really hope they bring back many of the more demanding graphical stuff via post patch for PC, it all can be toggled in some options menu without compromising the lower end user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom