The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because that card(s) you bought will never be used ever *hides*

I bought a 970 myself though not for TW3 but so all my current games in general and future ones (until I upgrade again) will look better..

That's not the issue, my point was I could have held off for better hardware in the future, as the 980's sure as hell won't be needed for W3.

---------- Updated at 06:51 PM ----------

I upgraded to an i7 4790k and GTX 980 SLI in anticipation of the Witcher believing in the fact that CDPR could deliver. Think how much of a fool I feel now.

We're now a little older, and a LOT wiser.

OR you can play in 4k, while simple single 980 peasant like me have to play in 1080p. Poor you.

PS: You can always wait for better hardware and then repeat it again and wait even more. 980 SLI will handle everything for a long time.

Last edited:
Well this thread is really fun 1330 posts and rising. Knowing that recent trend from publishers/developers is show one thing with all the bells and whistles, build up the hype and after deliver just the basics under pretense of optimization it was to be expected. It's sad that CDPR fell int his group. You could read between the lines from their statements but that's it. Who knows, depending how much did they cut maybe one day they could put out a patch that restore some of the content, I doubt it but who knows, also they could have handled this situation much better instead of ignoring it. This way they've alienated some of their fan base. You know the old saying: Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice shame on me.

I'm one of the mugs who bought, not one, but two GTX 980's for this game. Now I know that's complete overkill for what we will be getting. The 35 minute demo was supposed to be representative of the final product. I've been had.

I'm very sad for you. but really?

January/2015
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt launches on May 19th, 2015. If you are looking to play the game on PC, here are the minimum and recommended system requirements.

Minimum System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

I hope a lot of game will fit in your PC skills this 2015.

Yeah really, the 35 minute demo was supposed to be representative of the final product. The latest Nvidia screenshot of the Novigard entrance is nowhere near that demos quality.

I know right? I'm tired of all this PR bull. Even if it is a sad answer, I just want an ANSWER. If they say "hey, these are the SPECIFIC differences between PS4 and PC ultra" instead of leaving us to try to split hairs and decide what is considering "downgrading" and what is "taste".

"Ultra will be a slap in the face".
well...this is not a PR bullshit...you actually will receive a slap in the face, but just because Ultra will not look all this "big thing", just a small improvement from the PS4 version.

I know right? I'm tired of all this PR bull. Even if it is a sad answer, I just want an ANSWER. If they say "hey, these are the SPECIFIC differences between PS4 and PC ultra" instead of leaving us to try to split hairs and decide what is considering "downgrading" and what is "taste".

I know what you mean. But I believe next Tuesday review embargo lifts so will know. And I don't think CDPR will say anything.

Yeah really, the 35 minute demo was supposed to be representative of the final product. The latest Nvidia screenshot of the Novigard entrance is nowhere near that demos quality.

Meh, I thought that demo had terrible reflections, poor draw distance, worse interior lighting, worse grass and foliage, and choppier animations.

But at least the laws of physic worked there.

---------- Updated at 07:07 PM ----------

"Ultra will be a slap in the face".
well...this is not a PR bullshit...you actually will receive a slap in the face, but just because Ultra will not look all this "big thing", just a small improvement from the PS4 version.

Lol, true. More like a giant middle finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom