The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky (13).jpg
    Snímek obrazovky (13).jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 68
nope as ps4 and xbox cant render it, so it got nerfed for PC along with lots and lots of extras we could of had if the consols didnt exist. Massive downgrade for pc features.

OMG! Dont blame consoles! How old is this footage? numerous things might have been added to the game after this. so maybe some compromises have been made.

Do you know what are the platforms where there are compromises? Also, there are no better things, just removed things

And the older footage is, the better it seems to be, so it must be worse now

Look paint it anyway you want the game has been downgraded. open your eyes and look at the recent footage..its eye bleeding obvious. These features were removed, they were in when the trailers were released, they were advertised...so we KNOW they work and were in running smooth. There HAS to be parity CD said this themselves.. there is only 1 version of the game.. Ps4 and xbox could in NO WAY run the game as advertised in the trailers.. so.. they took the lowest dominator.. xbox.. got it running smooth by removing features...

Hence why we basically.. have 99.9% same game as the xbox. only possibly more AA. All thoses features the PC could of had were removed... its simple.. PC got SHAFTED.. and again if you don't believe me.. open your clouded eyes.. I for one was a MASSIVE CDP fan but after this ... I really don't feel the same.. we will NEVER get the game advertised while consols exist.. fact.

nope as ps4 and xbox cant render it, so it got nerfed for PC along with lots and lots of extras we could of had if the consols didnt exist. Massive downgrade for pc features.

[citation needed].

Seriously, I have read a few pages back that a dev commented on this regarding today's PS4 footage. Water is supposed to react to physical forces across all platforms.

I also don't think the general nitpicking regarding asset quality on unspecified builds is helping making a rational case here. If you are going to make a point about negative differences across different builds, be specific and fair. I have concerns too, but the narrative in here is feeling increasingly nitpicky, drastically dropping in relevance as well as technical understanding.

Last edited:
I mean...near the gate of Novigrad.

And that might even not be the same gate. Its just goes beyond me that CDPR would make all this fantastic stuff to a working build. Just think of the amount of work and dedication, and then just make it all look so god damn shitty, (according to this thread) bacause console peasants will start to revolt!? or because they have this deal with microsoft. c`mon guys. And then reading these comments how i bought 7 gtx980 to play this game on ultra. lol,if u can afford go ahead. but dont come crying about it here.

Unless you can provide some proof its not a fact, its just your opinion...

So you think the Xbox could run the game like the VGX trailer? seriously... or anywhere near the power set of features the PC could.. .. omg.

CD only create 1 version of the game.. how many times.. don't you listen? one version.... so the pC can ONLY be as feature heavy as the xbox version.

I just want the draw distance to improve, better interior lighting better blood effects, better textures and tessellation, better volumetric lighting and clouds, that awesome nvidia bomb destruction.

And I miss the old aard effect.

Other than that I am super happy with the quality.

Other than that. I could

---------- Updated at 07:51 PM ----------

CD only create 1 version of the game.. how many times.. don't you listen? one version....

That's very disrespectful..and you assume that you are right just from your own views.

[citation needed].

Seriously, I have read a few pages back that a dev commented on this regarding today's PS4 footage. Water is supposed to react to physical forces across all platforms.

I also don't think the general nitpicking regarding asset quality on unspecified builds is helping making a rational case here. If you are going to make a point about negative differences across different builds, be specific and fair. I have concerns too, but the narrative in here is feeling increasingly nitpicky, drastically dropping in relevance as well as technical understanding.

But if we want to talk about the water...
This is awesome.

But in the PS4 version the water doesn't react to the explosion.

So it is legit to wonder if it will react to Aard in the same way of the 35 minutes, or if puddles will react to Geralt movement as in the E3 demo.

i want a game that looks good (and it does) and that runs smooth. i play on PC so i will have to turn off Hair Works because it causes obviously some performance problems. But for the rest... jeez. If they showed us a trailer with the footage we saw during past 2 weeks 6 months ago, no one would complain. optimizig a game can also mean that you have to cut out some stuff that causes problems and adds nothing to the game besides of some eye candy. imagine framerate drops during combats or when activating signs for example, would be horrible. game crashes would be horrible.
the game still looks better than anything else those days - and especially good for an open-world rpg without loading screens.

also the build we see now in those vids isn't final. there are some bugs. probably the water-stuff is one of those.

And that might even not be the same gate. Its just goes beyond me that CDPR would make all this fantastic stuff to a working build. Just think of the amount of work and dedication, and then just make it all look so god damn shitty, (according to this thread) bacause console peasants will start to revolt!? or because they have this deal with microsoft. c`mon guys. And then reading these comments how i bought 7 gtx980 to play this game on ultra. lol,if u can afford go ahead. but dont come crying about it here.

It is the same gate, the crack in the wall is exactly the same as the demo, the picture painted on the wall is exactly the same and in the same place, the flag is in the same place, the bridge is there and the same, the turrets are in the same place. It's the exact same entrance, it just looks a lot worse.

That's not the issue, my point was I could have held off for better hardware in the future, as the 980's sure as hell won't be needed for W3.
You missed my point. IF you are buying expensive hardware you should do proper research first. Don't go blaming TW3 for your misinformed purchase, that is going a bit too far... Other points you make I can follow but to say you spent $1000+ for TW3 and complain that they made you waist money and such is just...

But if we want to talk about the water...
[...]
So it is legit to wonder if it will react to Aard in the same way of the 35 minutes, or if puddles will react to Geralt movement as in the E3 demo.

This is exactly my point. The dev pointed out that the PS4 footage behaviour was not normal and bugged. He confirmed that the above footage from Gopher is how it is supposed to behave once it is fixed. Which is why I'm getting tired of the knee-jerk reaction when the answer is there a few pages back :).

Edit : as confirmed, aard isn't affecting water on Gopher's vid either and this was my mistake. But it is a bug across all platforms and acknowledged as such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom