The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look paint it anyway you want the game has been downgraded. open your eyes and look at the recent footage..its eye bleeding obvious. These features were removed, they were in when the trailers were released, they were advertised...so we KNOW they work and were in running smooth. There HAS to be parity CD said this themselves.. there is only 1 version of the game.. Ps4 and xbox could in NO WAY run the game as advertised in the trailers.. so.. they took the lowest dominator.. xbox.. got it running smooth by removing features...

Hence why we basically.. have 99.9% same game as the xbox. only possibly more AA. All thoses features the PC could of had were removed... its simple.. PC got SHAFTED.. and again if you don't believe me.. open your clouded eyes.. I for one was a MASSIVE CDP fan but after this ... I really don't feel the same.. we will NEVER get the game advertised while consols exist.. fact.

Oh boy, when will you understand that one code base does not mean that the game is 100% the same on all platforms. They can disable and tweak stuff for the console builds and still keep it for the PC version.

It was said numerous times that XBO and PS4 are the same, apart from the resolution, PC version will be the best. There's no console parity.
People really need to calm down, it seems the downgraders are fuelling each other's rage.

i want a game that looks good (and it does) and that runs smooth. i play on PC so i will have to turn off Hair Works because it causes obviously some performance problems. But for the rest... jeez. If they showed us a trailer with the footage we saw during past 2 weeks 6 months ago, no one would complain. optimizig a game can also mean that you have to cut out some stuff that causes problems and adds nothing to the game besides of some eye candy. imagine framerate drops during combats or when activating signs for example, would be horrible. game crashes would be horrible.
the game still looks better than anything else those days - and especially good for an open-world rpg without loading screens.

also the build we see now in those vids isn't final. there are some bugs. probably the water-stuff is one of those.

It's a matter of scalable engine. If those effects are too hard for your PC, you can simply turn them off.

Did the water in any footage of TW3 ever react to normal Aard? I dont remember...

At least in the 35 min demo its not happening.

I just want the draw distance to improve, better interior lighting better blood effects, better textures and tessellation, better volumetric lighting and clouds, that awesome nvidia bomb destruction.

And I miss the old aard effect.

Other than that I am super happy with the quality.

Other than that. I could

---------- Updated at 07:51 PM ----------

That's very disrespectful..and you assume that you are right just from your own views.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but you don't listen.. CD themselves have said on many occasions there is only 1 version of the game... ONE>... SO it has to run on all 3 platforms.. if xbox360 was getting a version.. well our PC version would be utterly pointless. It's basic business and bullshots.. we slate UBIsoft for it.. shame CD has done the same.

But in Gopher's videos the water still didn't react to aard

My bad, I answered hastily because I had recognized exactly what video you were referencing :p. Gopher's video also doesn't have aard physical force reaction on water. The post I was talking about is this one : http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34169-The-Witcher-3-Visuals?p=1634921&viewfull=1#post1634921. He confirms that aard (and physical forces, I extrapolate) should affect water and that this is a bug.

Again, sorry for the mistake :).

Who said 1080p? I usually at the very least go for 1440p/144hz, older games like the Witcher 2 run at 4k with out a problem. Bare in mind this is downsampling.

You can use the Nvidia new tech called DSR if you dont have a 4K monitor and still get a very high quality

You missed my point. IF you are buying expensive hardware you should do proper research first. Don't go blaming TW3 for your misinformed purchase, that is going a bit too far... Other points you make I can follow but to say you spent $1000+ for TW3 and complain that they made you waist money and such is just...

I did do 'proper' research. There was a 35 minute demo showing what the game was supposed to be like, and now it's not. So how is it my fault that the game is no longer what it was supposed to be?

I think this game looks absolutely amazing. :D The reason I've registered here was actually to ask question about those weird, straight wall corners at videos. Since then i've stopped caring - i've got issues with blood - BUG, i've got issues with water - BUG. Probably there will be some kind of slider for geometry details - if not, it's easy to mod. For the sake of my mental stability i don't really care - there is no logical reason for any downgrade, so there is absolutely no reason to zealously look for it. Why waste time here? Wait what'll happen after UBI releases another gameplay from The DIvision :D

Oh boy, when will you understand that one code base does not mean that the game is 100% the same on all platforms. They can disable and tweak stuff for the console builds and still keep it for the PC version.

It was said numerous times that XBO and PS4 are the same, apart from the resolution, PC version will be the best. There's no console parity.
People really need to calm down, it seems the downgraders are fuelling each other's rage.

Show me the effects from the trailers on the PC version.. and then show me the difference from ps4,,,, I will wait here..
Tired of repeating.. look with your own eyes... If i told you ps4 footage was pc.. you would not know the difference.. we got shafted bug time.. game looks nothing like what was advertised..

ULTRA a smack in the mouth? ya dam right.. am gob smaked at all the pc features removed for parity.

Last edited:
You are definitely reading the wrong thread then :p

I'm as disheartened as most people are by how things are being discussed, especially considering the fact that there are valid points to be made regarding missing effects. But this is the internet.

Show me the effects from the trailers on the PC version.. and then show me the difference from ps4,,,, I will wait here..
Tired of repeating.. look with your own eyes... If i told you ps4 footage was pc.. you would not know the difference.. we got shafted bug time.. game looks nothing like what was advertised.. ULTRA a smack in the mouth? ya dam right.. am gob smaked at all the pc features removed for parity.

still waiting for the release build..

I did do 'proper' research. There was a 35 minute demo showing what the game was supposed to be like, and now it's not. So how is it my fault that the game is no longer what it was supposed to be?

Did the 35 min video say you must get two 980s? I understand you like the graphics better prior to changes but it ISN'T anything new that they color scheme and such was changed....

This is exactly my point. The dev pointed out that the PS4 footage behaviour was not normal and bugged. He confirmed that the above footage from Gopher is how it is supposed to behave once it is fixed. Which is why I'm getting tired of the knee-jerk reaction when the answer is there a few pages back :).

Thank you for this. I missed that post entirely so I am glad you brought it back xD. I'm in love with the game and the company. The only thing I missed was water effects...and you just made me very happy, lol

I feel a bit sorry for @GingerEffect who have put his heart and his soul into this game together with the rest of the team at CDPR and then having to sit here and read this thread and with all its negativity must be hard.

Last edited:
Did the 35 min video say you must get two 980s? I understand you like the graphics better prior to changes but it ISN'T anything new that they color scheme and such was changed....

If you think it's just the color scheme that was changed then you need to take a LONG look at the pictures in this thread. Almost all the assets have been affected.

No, but it was on good authority that it was running on an SLI system. Did you even look at the screenshot Nvidia released just yesterday, there is a hell of a lot more wrong than just "color scheme." Look back on this thread, you'll find it.

I feel a sorry for @GingerEffect who have put his heart and his soul into this game together with the rest of the team at CDPR and then having to sit here and read this thread and with all its negativity.

Being shown awesome graphics throughout the development of the game only for it to receive a massive downgrade before release is going to piss people off.

It's a bait and switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom