The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the PC version is confirmed to be as crippled as it now appears to be, the best thing the community can do is call CDPR on the carpet, and hold them accountable (in a very civil manner) for their bulltrailers and the repeated "No downgrade! Promise!" statements.

Thank you for your advise but, as part of this Community I guess I already know what is the best I can do. I''d give you my vote is there were any elections for Community Representative... but till then do you, and all of you do this, mind to refer at yourself as I or Me instead We? I don't know you and it's too soon for me to know if you know which are my opinions. :)

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
I hope that witcher 3 on ultra will be like SOD trailer, because VGX was in the old render and had some less detailed things,. I'm not so confident about the youtubers had saying that they played the game on "Ultra" because, any footage that i had seen from them, didn't has HBAO, it's still SSAO, and if you guys remember the nvidia shield video, the smoke and particles from the effect(Ign spell) was carried by the wind, which is something that was not in the "Ultra" settings from youtubers. Just look when Geralt cast signs on the enemies( it's beautiful) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQUKoJRuIyg

Your welcome :)

Marcin also said that those scenes from old trailers can be recreated in game, now that's a bold claim to be honest but we can certainly wait for 9 days and then see ourselves ;) once again I hope they prove us all wrong in a huge way. I am not a fanboy nor a hater so if they prove me wrong then I'll come here and apologize openly for having doubts in the first place :)

You can get reshade from here

http://reshade.me/

It has a installer which detects the game type (dx9/10/11/Open GL etc) and install it, you just have to browse for game exe file though you have to modify the settings yourself in ini file just like you do in SweetFX.

But I don't want to create my own. I just want to download some of the sweetfx mods people about.

What is the different between sweetfx and reshade?

If the PC version is confirmed to be as crippled as it now appears to be, the best thing the community can do is call CDPR on the carpet, and hold them accountable (in a very civil manner) for their bulltrailers and the repeated "No downgrade! Promise!" statements.

The best thing you can do is NOT buying the game if you as a customer is unhappy with it. In business only one thing counts and that is money. As such the greatest weapon consumers have is keeping their money in their wallet.

And that is not to say I support any downgrade claims per say.

It seems that sweetfx doesnt need a separate program, and reshade does?

Is reshade "better"?

---------- Updated at 06:09 PM ----------

Like I downloaded a mod for dying light that let me press scroll lock to inject a sweefx in real time, and I didn't need reshade.me.

But for others I do?

DO I have to worry about glitches, bugs, malware or anything? Is it simple to use? Cuz I want to use it for witcher 3 when it comes out.

Nope, nothing........They probably changed it in the full game and among many other things. There is no such thing as blow your mind ultra or anything like that. The console and PC versions (on ultra) will look nearly identical except for hair works, physX, higher fps, and higher resolution. The sooner you accept that the better you will be.

Reasonable words. I'm honestly disappointed but we can't change that The Witcher 3 went through visual parity across all platforms.

But I don't want to create my own. I just want to download some of the sweetfx mods people about.

What is the different between sweetfx and reshade?

Read this

http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-framework/393-tutorial-for-users

EDIT:

And this

http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-framework/361-faq

and yes you can download several presets from SweetFX DB like this one for GTA V

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/938/

You just have to replace the preset file.

Last edited:
I had to register myself...

Why PC players cry about graphic when they will get graphic modes in like two weeks?...oh boy...
I dont see any console player moaning about graphic.

Also why do you even care about graphic? I mean, i have pc which is able to run witcher on high/ultra but im using it for work so i will get PS4 version instead.
Few people here seems like care only about graphic...I assume you are under 20...because i dont know any guys who care about graphic that much over 20.

While I personally do hope everyone freaking out about the visuals are proved wrong when the game releases. And the game looks as good as it should be. Not simply to have 'good graphics', but to accentuate the game overall.

Saying that: I really can't grasp what the footage capture guys have been playing at this whole time, producing these screens / videos. This game literally has the most inconsistant pre-release content / footage, that I've ever seen lol.

One batch of stuff will look absolutely amazing. Then the next will look terrible, then some more amazing screens get released, then more really bad ones, all contradicting eachother.

It makes me wonder if CDPR have some master trolls for public content production, or something lol.

Last edited:
Reasonable words. I'm honestly disappointed but we can't change that The Witcher 3 went through visual parity across all platforms.

I am very disappointed, I spent nearly 2k upgrading my computer an now I find out what I have been fearing for awhile now. We get stuck with a console port basically with no big differences from PC to consoles. They made a lot of cut backs for it to run on consoles and PC users get the shaft when we shouldn't be. Oh well, it is what it is, no point in talking about it and it's foolish to think next Tuesday the ultra settings will blow us away.

Ok i will post again...its your fault if you believe what you see from early videos...people here comparing CGI things and actual game WTF?
Also if you go and buy 2k worth of things because game that isnt out yet? Your fault.
Im not saying its ok to downgrade anything...but every game does it.

Last edited:
Ok i will post again...its your fault if you believe what you see from early videos...people here comparing CGI things and actual game WTF?

Yes people comparing gameplay trailers that were released early on to what was released later, but hey CGI right?

I had to register myself...

Why PC players cry about graphic when they will get graphic modes in like two weeks?...oh boy...
I dont see any console player moaning about graphic.

Also why do you even care about graphic? I mean, i have pc which is able to run witcher on high/ultra but im using it for work so i will get PS4 version instead.
Few people here seems like care only about graphic...I assume you are under 20...because i dont know any guys who care about graphic that much over 20.

Age has nothing to do with graphics. Don't turn this into "CoD boys care about graphics blah blah" thing. I am 30 and i care about graphics though i'll be playing the game as it is and i am not whining about it.

The reason i game mostly on PC is because i want to experience a game as best as possible that is why i hate simple PC ports. I use consoles only for the exclusive titles and mostly about Jrpgs.

That is why i understand why everybody is upset about the fact that this game looks the same as the console version or at least to some degree, but i believe they are most upset because of the promise of best graphics through those trailers.

As for me if the game has adequate settings to classify it as a PC game and mouse and keyboard is optimized then i am happy with it. Now if they ever release a HD texture pack that would be nice since many companies tend to do that now to satisfy those with "crazy" rigs. The settings alone will make the game look better than the console version anyway, provided they have those settings though.

Now if the settings are lackluster and you can't even change draw distance well i'll join the pissed off bandwagon :p.
Combine that with the fact that they have kept the mouse and keyboard controls a secret so far seems fishy, though i am willing to play the game anyway for the story and gameplay. If it turns out to be a "pc port" then i'll still enjoy the game to some degree but i'll probably won't trust CDProjekt RED with any following releases.

Last edited:
Also if you go and buy 2k worth of things because game that isnt out yet? Your fault.
Im not saying its ok to downgrade anything...but every game does it.

Listen there have been no CGI in the trailers you think about. It was all in game photo captured from how the game looked at the time. The scene with the Wild Hunt and the burning village were applied some post-processing afterwards though. But again no CGI.

While I personally do hope everyone freaking out about the visuals are proved wrong when the game releases. And the game looks as good as it should be. Not simply to have 'good graphics', but to accentuate the game overall.

Saying that: I really can't grasp what the footage capture guys have been playing at this whole time, producing these screens / videos. This game literally has the most inconsistant pre-release content / footage, that I've ever seen lol.

One batch of stuff will look absolutely amazing. Then the next will look terrible, then some more amazing screens get released, then more really bad ones, all contradicting eachother.

It makes me wonder if CDPR have some master trolls for public content production, or something lol.

The thought crossed my mind if this was some major elaborate troll by cdpr but I don't think it is, especially after nvidia removed images off their website that looked worse than the 35 min demo gameplay. I think they released too much early build content. They didn't have much choice in doing that though considering how drastic the changes became from the vgx trailers.... I think older build content keeps getting circulated and now we don't know whats what. At the very least this is what I tell myself when I see the novigrad gate comparison images. A 2nd downgrade at this point would decimate pc fans. Not that the first one didn't.

---------- Updated at 06:57 PM ----------

No, this is exactly what is was posted here. Some user of this forum just come in here, copy and paste. That's nothing new or relevant at all...

yeah but to see it all in one comparison like that doesn't stop how jarring it is.

Last edited:
It would be nice though to have a RED respond here with some kind of explanation on the graphics matter.
It's the silence that i hate not the downgrade. I can live with a game that doesn't look 10x times better because current PCs can't handle it, but i can't accept the fact that no one seems to care enough to respond to use about the matter.

On some issues they talked about it like why the wolf looks bad? because of not having hairworks on. Why does this texture looks horrible? because it was bugged. Is there going to be any downgrade? no. But all those were from a long time ago and an update on the matter would be surely appreciated so close to the release date.

It would be nice though to have a RED respond here with some kind of explanation on the graphics matter.
It's the silence that i hate not the downgrade. I can live with a game that doesn't look 10x times better because current PCs can't handle it, but i can't accept the fact that no one seems to care enough to respond to use about the matter.

On some issues they talked about it like why the wolf looks bad? because of not having hairworks on. Why does this texture looks horrible? because it was bugged. Is there going to be any downgrade? no. But all those where from a long time ago and an update on the matter would be surely appreciated so close to the release date.

Well don't catch me on word but I personally believe it has to do with MS and business transaction not allowing them to say anything pretty much.
This has been said a few times now, and it's not anything new either so wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom