The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked before, but with no response. Does anyone know if PC copies of the game were sent out to reviewers, or was it just console copies?

If PC copies were sent, I look forward to seeing some real comparison of the different graphics settings next week.

I asked before, but with no response. Does anyone know if PC copies of the game were sent out to reviewers, or was it just console copies?

If PC copies were sent, I look forward to seeing some real comparison of the different graphics settings next week.

according to a couple of youtubers they were playing pc on ultra, on a slightly older build. Didn't look any different than consoles. Absolutely nothing close to the vgx trailer quality. The lighting itself I think is also one of the biggest impacts. The new lighting just doesn't seem that good, nights seem too bright, nothing like the visuals here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g its way brighter and has a blue tint.

Last edited:

Reviews are going live on the 12th, so it's not much longer of a wait....

That's excuses..... I build custom cars for a living. We have any where from 3 to 7 cars at a time. A customer drops off their car with a vision in their head. Our artist and said"Customer" draw up what they want. Then we build it. Many times we have done the "impossible" , You either deliver or you do not. Simple. When you state as a company one thing and deliver another, sooner or later word gets out and you lose the best clients. This applies to any company. Standards. have some and succeed. Lose them and go out business.

They also said they make the map 3 times bigger than originally planned. Or that maybe in earlier development the trees and foliage were all just move a little on them own, won't react to any surroundings. etc.. But no one would make thread titled "UPGRADE confirmed" lol. We only see the things taken away, but not the things added in.

according to a couple of youtubers they were playing pc on ultra, on a slightly older build. Didn't look any different than consoles. Absolutely nothing close to the vgx trailer quality. The lighting itself I think is also one of the biggest impacts. The new lighting just doesn't seem that good, nights seem too bright, nothing like the visuals here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g its way brighter and has a blue tint.

I am aware of this. I still doubt they actually played on ultra settings. A dev stated on twitter (link is a few pages back) that PS4 is on par with high on pc, so I believe some settings were still locked on the pre-gold version that they played.

I was just curious if the PC version will be included in the wave of reviews coming out on the 12th.

It is ignorant to compare so complex software with cars sorry.
Hi end PC players are not the best costumer, we pay as much as console players. Apply "standards" of EA and succeed., financialy.

But yes what matter is if they deliver. For me they will.

They also said they make the map 3 times bigger than originally planned. Or that maybe in earlier development the trees and foliage were all just move a little on them own, won't react to any surroundings. etc.. But no one would make thread titled "UPGRADE confirmed" lol. We only see the things taken away, but no the things added in.

Making it bigger should not have caused any down grades. They knew this was open world from the start. Also, I would rather have VGX levels of Graphics and less movement in the "trees" , personally I find that lacking, but I get that is a personal preference. Basically, we have witcher 2.5 in open world. Which, i will play, and most likely enjoy. However, this is not the game that was envisioned by me nor CDPR, as you can clearly see from the early renders.

yeah that's the big hit it took visually aside from anything else, was the volumetric smoke / soft particle light imho.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--2L9zDs_LXk/UrsRnL8m1sI/AAAAAAAAAP8/P6IxR4omwSg/s1600/The-Witcher-3.jpg

Smoke like this doesn't exist anymore. Not even from chimneys I don't think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g At 39 you can see the difference soft particles make on the smoke because they even show you what it looks like without it IN the video lol.

ofc CD Projekt Red could have made the game look as good as the square enix "cry" demo, but that would be stupid.... they arent finishing the game now, so that people 5 years from now could play it with their GTX 1500 or Titan xxxxx, they want people to play it now.... and with current hardware, if they had all those effects, "forward lit soft particles" "volumetric EVERYTHING" "hairworks" and all that shit.... the game would run at max 10 fps on quad 980s .....

and to everyone saying the game looks like crap now... just stop... no it doesnt.. it objectively does NOT look bad.... in fact, its one of... if not THE most graphically gorgeous game right now

Last edited:
We only see the things taken away, but not the things added in.

People found a solution to that: early access products.

I think most devs would rather present a finished work and take the implicit praise that comes with noone finding anything to bitch about.

this is the game we are going to get...

It is ignorant to compare so complex software with cars sorry.
Hi end PC players are not the best costumer, we pay as much as console players. Apply "standards" of EA and succeed., financialy.

But yes what matter is if they deliver. For me they will.

Tell you what, come to my shop, I will put you to work and laugh when ask you to make/shape a gas tank for for a custom bike, or to figure out the custom geometry on some race suspension parts and then hand make them.Also, I Co-write software for custom tunes. That means programming. Except I can do it on machine level if need be. You really have no clue do you?

Forgot to mention we are working with Nvidia Jetson Dev kits for Machine learning and self driving cars. Really neat. We are making a self driving Rat Rod for "Somebody" under NDA can't say who!!!

Last edited:
ofc CD Projekt Red could have made the game look as good as the square enix "cry" demo, but that would be stupid.... they arent finishing the game now, so that people 5 years from now could play it with their GTX 1500 or Titan xxxxx, they want people to play it now.... and with current hardware, if they had all those effects, "forward lit soft particles" "volumetric EVERYTHING" "hairworks" and all that shit.... the game would run at max 10 fps on quad 980s .....

and to everyone saying the game looks like crap now... just stop... no it doesnt.. it objectively does NOT look bad.... in fact, its one of... if not THE most graphically gorgeous game right now

With the difference that the game was announced during the 2013 with a ingame session that runned with a top configuration of the 2013 without a software optimization from every front, even from the graphic side company, Nvidia in this case, and now we are at the 2015...progress, evolution call it as you want, never regress.

Perhaps the Forward Lit soft particles have to do with physx, which we haven't seen yet.

My understanding is the PhysX have been turned down immensely. That came from Dev, can not remember which one, or what video I saw it in. We can only hope for the best I suppose.

Perhaps the Forward Lit soft particles have to do with physx, which we haven't seen yet.

And that's the biggest stinker. Nobody has seen the final build other than CDPR, and NOBODY knows whether the Gameworks effects are part of the ultra spec.

Likely, they are not. Ultra quality usually isn't the highest quality setting in games. The highest settings typically requires some sort of custom settings.. If the Gameworks effects (Hairworks, HBAO+, enhanced PhysX etcetera) are separate settings and not a part of stock ultra, then it's possible the game could look much better than what we've seen so far.

Or at least that's my hope :D

Nobody has seen the final build other than CDPR, and NOBODY knows whether the Gameworks effects are part of the ultra spec.

Actually reviewers have since they've already got access to the game.

My understanding is the PhysX have been turned down immensely. That came from Dev, can not remember which one, or what video I saw it in. We can only hope for the best I suppose.

That was APEX destruction that was in certain circumstances breaking areas by having so much debris the player couldn't move. It was "cool" but didn't fit with the story telling. Other aspects may have been altered too, but that was the change that was described.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom