The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That thread about TW3 downgrade on NeoGaf is really something :D..but some people have some good arguments for some areas of the game to be downgraded - or optimized, what ever you want to call it

A fair point, but I think the fire/smoke/particles is easily the most egregious of the changes. It isn't even close.

I disagree, the worst of TW3 right now is the foliage, because its almost everywhere, fire like that will be seen just some minutes, of a 100hr game.

In any case, if I can help you with anything about the fire and smoke, it was confirmed by devs that they had to get rid of that amazing smoke later because performance. Don't ask me for the source though because I don't remember at all :p

Sugar coat it all you want, be, blinded and jaded. The game was downgraded because the xbox could\nt run it feature heavy. There is only 1 version of the game made so it has to run on 3 platforms. Consols removed all the feature that the trailers and amazing grx for us.. it was running and still could but we will never get any of those features while parity and consols hold the PC back. CD turned their back on the PC and ushered in more money from the sofa crowd. I have lost all respect for one of the best devs ever. might as well buy on consols as its 99.9999% the same. Utterly gutted all the trailers have been bullshots.. followed this gamesince day 1 announcement..

I now have zero excitement.. as i wanted the trailer experience.

Hi guys just want to talk about something I never see anyone claim. Geralt facial animation from 35 minutes Gameplay have changed (In my opinion of course =)
If you look at Geralt; His eyes; mouse; the chick and other moves from his head are really well done. Then when you see the Ign 15 minutes of gameplay. His face doesn't quite move well. Then comparing a Video image (old build) and the better quality of Official Pictures from this new build (its keep looking worse)

I think is really important if the character looks more realistic when he talk

Sorry for my english ; Im trying to improve

Please watch the videos and tell me your thoughts if you want .

sube imagenes

share image

Last edited:
I see the thread is healthy, people don't know what to do before the release. :3 Personally I think it looks quite fantastic, but what do I know, I tend to play games 2-3 years after their release for some reasons (too many oldies that's needs attention!), guess I am lucky thehe!

Change the settings to low if you PC can't handle it.

Glorious 60fps

Enjoy your game with Goat Simulator quality visuals

Oh dear.

Where ah...where are the shadows O.0

Here is possibly my final rant because we pretty much aren't going anywhere with this thread and we surely wont reach anyone with it.

First let me start by talking to all the guys whose "trust" has been broken and they feel the need to hate on the company now so much that they won't even buy the game. Let me inform you that no company is ever going to put you the fans above their money making business because you would do the same thing in their place as i would too.

Sure a company can support their fans and respect them but in the end money is what matters most and as a company grows bigger and bigger the need to make more money or please the shareholders outweighs the need of the fans. So this so called "trust" is something you should never put in a company in the first place so you won't get to lose it afterwards.

Now this "downgrade" (my god this word is more used than gamergate now) is it really such a bad thing that you can't even play the game anymore? Certainly not, i believe it looks good and is probably better than DA: I and GTA5 so why all this hate? Probably because you got a taste of what it could have been and you feel like you got duped. If you can look past this though you will find a great game that you will probably enjoy anyway.

The issue though is why did this "downgrade" happen in the first place. The conspiracy theorists will have a lot to talk about this but they will never get anywhere cause there will never be an answer to their questions obviously, so we are left to believe that this happened because of performance issues and well the game would end up requiring a monster PC to look like that VGX trailer.

The gaming enthusiasts would probably jump now and say "well i could play that game with my triple sli rig" and they would mostly be right about it but the thing is you are a tiny minority and well you aren't the target audience sadly. I believe you got this monster rig not because you are waiting for a game once every 100 years that will totally wow you and break the mold with its awesome graphics, but because you want to play every game maxed at 60+ fps at 4k resolutions. Asking for a game to be extremely demanding won't translate well to the lesser PCs anyway no matter how low the settings get.

So now that we got the whole "downgrade" and "trust" issues out of the way what are we left with? Why it's CDProjekt RED themselves.From answers we have gathered from various interviews and posts we pretty much know that their stance to this matter is that there is no "downgrade" and that the game will look the best at any platform and that we can even replicate the quality of the vgx/sod trailers in the final release. Personally i don't think that's possible but that is my opinion. So who will be right at the end? well time will tell and eventually they will have to face their choices on this matter whether good or bad.

Finally this whole thing for me hasn't changed my enthusiasm for the game itself cause i already have pre-ordered it and i am really certain i am going to enjoy it nonetheless. As for my view on the company itself, well lets just say that for their next title (cyberpunk 2077) i'll probably wait and see how it evolves before i make any rush decisions.

As a side note, an enhanced version would be appreciated since it seems it follows the trend of the past releases.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I simply wish that they would put in settings for as high as they can go.

That way, people can keep coming back and upgrading the settings if they upgrade their hardware.
Witcher 2 did that.

I mean, people will understand lol. Its a lot better to have a few idiot people complain they can't reach TRUE ultra on a single gtx 980 than to have the entire internet complaining about "what could have been"

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that the ps4 released version that people are playing right now has literally zero ambient occlusion. It makes grass on consoles look absolutely horrendous.

Last edited:
Hi guys just want to talk about something I never see anyone claim. Geralt facial animation from 35 minutes Gameplay have changed (In my opinion of course =)
If you look at Geralt; His eyes; mouse; the chick and other moves from his head are really well done. Then when you see the Ign 15 minutes of gameplay. His face doesn't quite move well. Then comparing a Video image (old build) and the better quality of Official Pictures from this new build (its keep looking worse)

sube imagenes

share image

Model quality looks to be the exact same. The way the light hits Geralt's face makes his wrinkles less noticeable, but they're there and they line up almost perfectly with what was shown before. Some of the model actually looks improved.

I simply wish that they would put in settings for as high as they can go.

That way, people can keep coming back and upgrading the settings if they upgrade their hardware.
Witcher 2 did that.

I mean, people will understand lol. Its a lot better to have a few idiot people complain they can't reach TRUE ultra on a single gtx 980 than to have the entire internet complaining about "what could have been"

Honestly, the overall quality of the assets in the game look very similar to older footage, minus the grass and some other odd things (like the corner of the Novigrad walls I pointed out earlier). The game would look pretty perfect if they just added better foliage, something that isn't so flat. I think the lack of particles in scenes has to do with PhysX being disabled in everything we've seen so far.

So...wait a minute...people didn't know the PC version was going to look better?

Is that a joke??? Every gamer knows this. I'm a console gamer, never play PC games, and even I know that. How is it anyone didn't know they were looking at PC footage, too, in other videos??

---------- Updated at 04:39 AM ----------

sube imagenes

share image

Is there anything closer to eachother in terms of setup? The images I've seen the last few pages don't look like the same time of day or angle or anything.

And This is what we PC Gamers Get Because of Consoles

Again consoles holding PC graphics back,
Those graphics are possible but only on a game purely made for the PC, i highly recommand for you guys to check a project most of you probably know "star citizen" its been developed for PC ONLY, the game has reached the graphics that CD project Aimed for and as you can see for yourself in following pictures, they failed to deliver.. there is no dening it now, they had to downgrade to meet consoles standards,
Which is very sad, since i love the witcher games, i am sure the game will still be amazing but it bums me to see how high they aimed and had to cut corners for consoles.

Check those out no spoilers:

http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot...15-build-comparison-shows-downgraded-visuals/

This thread will probably be deleted or "combined" with some other big thread that no one read any more but just so you know, the game graphics are still great, the game is still Epic, but i loved it way more when CD projekt red was a PC only game studio.

Damn tw3 grass looks so bad lol, compared to even tw2.

its true... the witcher 2 forest area in act 2 looks superior to anything I've seen in terms of foliage compared to the latest witcher 3 visuals. Sad but true. vgx stuff was so much better....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom