The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is making me very sad :(

Why could CD Projekt Red not just leave the PC Build at this level of graphics ? ( click image for full gif )

and just fork their build for the consoles so everybody can enjoy the game at a level of graphics their machine can display.

I just don't get this.. I mean it's not a problem if the hardware requirements are very high. People can just run this game 3 or 4 years down the line
and enjoy a visual masterpiece..

At this point The Witcher Wild Hunt still looks good, but it could have looked amazing.

I think this is very sad.

CD Projekt Red still advertises their game with screenshots from the old build on their website..

I would not have expected them to start lying to their old fans who have supported them trough the years.

CD Projekt Red was kind of a last bastion in this scene to me.

:(

two more screenshots for the sake of the argument.

Because you are demanding months of work (and money) for the 0.1 - 1% of the PC playes (based on steam charts) that have a rig with the power to run those graphics.

Because you are demanding months of work (and money) for the 0.1 - 1% of the PC playes (based on steam charts) that have a rig with the power to run those graphics.
That's not the point. You may be right, not many people would be able to run it at that level, but that doesn't mean they need to scrap it. Why can't they just leave that level of graphics in the game somehow FOR the 1%?

yeah shame on CDPR for not spending millions of dollars for features that less than 1% of the players would actually be able to run.............................

@Damazig

Well, too bad, I guess.

If this game wasn't that important for you - except for the graphics - then I guess it's good riddence for you. Never waste your money on something you don't care about that much.

I just checked out some Xbone footage and I must say that it looks very good on that console, which means that it will look even better on PC. So I'm fairly pleased.

Since I don't own a very high end rig (GTX 970, i5 4690K and 8 Gb RAM), all those presumed/anticipated extra features are out of the equation for me. I'll be pleased with 1080p, high-very high settings and a solid 50 fps - no hairworks. I could afford a higher end rig, but I need the money for other things too. You could call this lowering my standards. I simply call it different priorities in my life. I play these games for the story (I'm a The Witcher fan - books and games) and not so much for ground shaking graphics.

First, I said I cancelled the preorder of the game, not that I was never gonna play it, nor that the story or the game was gonna be bad, not even that the graphics were gonna be bad. I cancelled cause CDPR decided to create a ridiculous parity between consoles and PCs. Same draw range and textures? I couldn't disagree more with their new direction, and so, the only thing I can do is not give them my money anymore. Again that doesn't mean it'll be a bad game or that I'll never play the game and enjoy it still.

A sad truth, it is just not viable to make the game look that good when only monster rigs can run it in the future. It does leave a bit of a bitter taste though, realising that the game could look amazing instead of good/solid.

First, I said I cancelled the preorder of the game, not that I was never gonna play it, nor that the story or the game was gonna be bad, not even that the graphics were gonna be bad. I cancelled cause CDPR decided to create a ridiculous parity between consoles and PCs. Same draw range and textures? I couldn't disagree more with their new direction, and so, the only thing I can do is not give them my money anymore. Again that doesn't mean it'll be a bad game or that I'll never play the game and enjoy it still.

you did pretty much admit that you are going to pirate the game...

A sad truth, it is just not viable to make the game look that good when only monster rigs can run it in the future. It does leave a bit of a bitter taste though, realising that the game could look amazing instead of good/solid.

Thats not true, The Witcher 2 was a beast of a benchmark on the PC, and NO ONE could run it maxed out when it came out at decent framerates.

Money (more people, more time of work, etc), remember CDPR is a small company, they do`t have rockstar budget.

So wait, you've never played a borrowed game?

---------- Updated at 04:16 PM ----------

you did pretty much admit that you are going to pirate the game...

So wait, you've never played a borrowed game? I'm pretty sure that eventually some games will requier your digital print to activate, but right now, I can just go to my cousin's house next door, and play all of his steam games, and not have the cops at my door.

Thats not true, The Witcher 2 was a beast of a benchmark on the PC, and NO ONE could run it maxed out when it came out at decent framerates.

It is not true anymore with TW3 needing a much bigger team, budget and to run on 3 seperate platforms.

It's actually the other way round. They spent months in downgrading the game so it can run smoothly on 1080p/60fps. It is called the optimization process but it's not the game that was advertised anymore.
And if only 1% can run the game? So be it. Every game that has groundbreaking graphics at its time has this trait that only few people can run it on their rigs. Thats actually the point about groundbreaking visuals.

That's not the point. You may be right, not many people would be able to run it at that level, but that doesn't mean they need to scrap it. Why can't they just leave that level of graphics in the game somehow FOR the 1%?
Well I am no expert, but I would think it would take a lot of time, money and resources to basically build two different games. Was this not why the Witcher 2 on 360 came quite a while later?

I dunno why I'm bothering, but I'm posting this in case any are interested.

This was written by somebody who's apparently played the game. (was quoted on neogaf, take it how you will)
View attachment 13780

Yes, I agree that there's been a very visually inconsistent flow of material released about the game, thus far. But quite a lot of those released shots, look at least on par with / if not better than the E3 35 minute gameplay footage (minus a few things got to do with water/blood)

Here's a couple of random shots below. To alleviate those ugly comparisons that were cherry-picked to make the game look worse than it is.

I'm choosing to trust CDPR. That they'll hold up to their promises.

View attachment 13779

Game is out in less than nine days, so hopefully all the naysayers will be proven wrong then =)

Attachments

• s4cLbxu.jpg
    s4cLbxu.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 48
  • 11233812_1597340550509485_4364758161265341586_o.jpg
    11233812_1597340550509485_4364758161265341586_o.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
It's actually the other way round. They spent months in downgrading the game so it can run smoothly on 1080p/60fps. It is called the optimization process but it's not the game that was advertised anymore.
And if only 1% can run the game? So be it. Every game that has groundbreaking graphics at its time has this trait that only few people can run it on their rigs. Thats actually the point about groundbreaking visuals.

Someone who has a clue! thanks for that.

Well I am no expert, but I would think it would take a lot of time, money and resources to basically build two different games. Was this not why the Witcher 2 on 360 came quite a while later?
Well, considering the trailers, they already had that level. They might not need to rebuild the game, just add more options.

Anyway, anyone that wants that level of graphics will just have to mod it anyway. It's certainly not out of reach since the game is both open world and heavily moddable, we'll just have to wait.

It takes a lot more money and resources to make TWO differents games (you need to optimize two versions). And PC playes who can run these super setting are a minority (im a one of them). I prefer a game with superb gameplay, history and OST, than a bland game with beatiful graphics. They use their resources wisely (aproach a wider audience = more money, dont forget they dont work for nothing).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom