The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
VGX trailer was december 2013. So right at the time of the intial rele of XBox One and PS4. And the SoD trailer was E3 2014. Just sayin...
VGX was clearly as in-game footage marked and the Comnunity Manager Marcin Momot stated once that the scenes out of the SoD were reproducable ingame.

And?
The footage shown at VGX was propably already 1 or 2 years in development.. so my point still stands.. they showed what they had at that point before adapting to the new renderer(SOD Trailer) and the consoles (lack of)power.

You have to realize that just few months ago devs said game will be able to look like those trailers, in fact devs haven't yet said that game won't be able to look 'as good'.
A lot of tech from what i've seen isn't going to be making into this game that has been developed, and has the ability to be turned on and off as evidenced by this
The only thing so far out of this that I know can be toggled on is hair/fur.

again.. what should they have done? Maybe never should have released the VGX Trailer... would have saved them some trouble.. The Game was obviously faaaaar too much removed from the final achievable product to be shown and taken as "this is what you will play"

Or should they have ditched the console versions to make the PC only TW3 look like VGX? I know some would have liked that... but thats neither sensible nor financially logical..

The truth is they needed to adapt to the consoles and NO company develops a completly different PC Version NO ONE!! Its just not worth it money wise!!

So the Consoles dictate the baseline for the game..we have to either live with that or better quit gaming alltogether because consoles (sadly) rule the gaming world...

Last edited by a moderator:
again.. what should they have done? Maybe never should have released the VGX Trailer... would have saved them some trouble.. The Game was obviously faaaaar too much removed from the final achievable product to be shown and taken as "this is what you will play"

Or should they have ditched the console versions to make the PC only TW3 look like VGX? I know some would have liked that... but that's neither sensible nor financially logical..

The truth is they needed to adapt to the consoles and NO company develops a completely different PC Version NO ONE!! Its just not worth it money wise!!

So the Consoles dictate the baseline for the game..we have to either live with that or better quit gaming altogether because consoles (sadly) rule the gaming world...

This is sadly true, I agree.

I really don't agree with people saying this one looks 'cartoony', if anything it looks more realisitc than the second game, wiith it's radioactive lighting lol.

I personally find this one to be a nice balance between the first games' pastel/painted-esq style, and the second game.

If people really want the game to look like some over sharpened, biohazard. Just use SweetFX's "bloom", and the sharpen mask. Eww, imo.

I'd like to remind people that this thread is about discussing Witcher 3's visuals ONLY.

Some posts have been deleted.

With all respect to the community : Is funny how people just said the old engine will never be able to play on high end 2015 pc . Of course they never saw a video of valley engine ; heaven benchmark ; 3dmark fire extreme- Pc hardware is now 10 Times stronger than consoles .

No matter how you tried to defend this is an open world
Anyone know the tittle Black desert ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vlU1RQ4Yc

Pc Mid- High end gaming are more capable to ro run witcher 3 with highest settings thant the ones showed a few days before

How can crysis 3 use 1.5gb vram ? that is becouse was created by pc with Pc professional gamers ..

Just becouse ultra now run at 60fps with one 980 doesnt mean it looks blowmind or is a step foward ... Is obious you can achive those settings with the downgrade grass texture ; draw distance scale ; Non tessellation etc .

That is why you have options on pc . Why denied to play this game at 30fps with all mind blowing effects showed in Vgx ... Console parity ... Money ..

http://i.imgur.com/QcOH0nT.png
This picture made me so angry... Like... How can they promise something THAT good, and then "optimize" it to this level where it looks like a ploughing parody of itself. I mean... It doesn't even look good. It probably doesn't even look MEDIUM standard compared to games that we're having now. CDPR just announced the best looking game, showed some footage that will never make it to the game (calling it "gameplay footage") and then just downgraded the game to the point where it looks even worse than it's predecessor... What a fooken shame

This picture made me so angry... Like... How can they promise something THAT good, and then "optimize" it to this level where it looks like a ploughing parody of itself. I mean... It doesn't even look good. It probably doesn't even look MEDIUM standard compared to games that we're having now. CDPR just announced the best looking game, showed some footage that will never make it to the game (calling it "gameplay footage") and then just downgraded the game to the point where it looks even worse than it's predecessor... What a fooken shame

we still don't know what the deal is with that image though, and cdpr hasn't said anything about it specifically. All we know is that nvidia removed it from their site which could be an either extremely bad sign (dmg control) or a good one in the sense that somebody simply screwed up by uploading an older image although how nvidia could make a mistake as bad as that seems strange to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom