The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- 16 free DLCs for everyone!

+
This does raise one question though, will Geralt's default hair and beard be changeable before the DLC hits?

I guess it is quite nice but I would say not improtant stuff. I feel that nothing can best regular expansion but since they are all free it is ok.

My question is will the dlcs turnable off?

I hate when you buy some goty game and you´ve got all those advantage dlcs installed and can´t turn them off. I know steam allows it but I won´t buy it from steam most likely.

Sorry for making a dupe thread. On my phone and didn't see one. I really wanted horse armor since the Yennefer intro had a horse wearing it. Can't believe we're getting that

Is Cintrian Pendulum a DLC??

I guess I gotta import my Iorveth Triss Path Geralt playthrough first

I get all the possible reasons for why it might not be able to make it into the base game, I just still find it a little odd, surely stuff like changing your Hairstyle and Beard I would have expected to be in the base game.

Very obviously a publicity stunt, but damn it works, everyone loves to see the words "Free DLC", and heck, so do I. At the very least it's showing up all the other AAA developers and publishers for being the massive shits they are.

I don't see the point of 16 small tidbits free DLC. They are supposed to be in the game. They have been taken out and release it every 2 days later as marketing. Free Temerian armor as 1 DLC, free Yennefer outfit as 2nd DLC. What's more to come? free sword, free armor, free small items.. which they are all in the game to start with. Free story DLC? What makes you think it's not one of the cut quest in the game itself and advertised as free? This is nothing but marketing to me.

I get all the possible reasons for why it might not be able to make it into the base game, I just still find it a little odd, surely stuff like changing your Hairstyle and Beard I would have expected to be in the base game.

Very obviously a publicity stunt, but damn it works, everyone loves to see the words "Free DLC", and heck, so do I. At the very least it's showing up all the other AAA developers and publishers for being the massive shits they are.

Obviously. They are just taking advantage of everyone using shitty dlc preorder policy and season passes and 1 armor for 3 bucks and so on. So I guess why not.

The recent ps4 screens have different hair styles

0_o pretty sure they're additional styles that will be added to the game not that the whole module for changing hair/beard isn't there, from where did you come to that conclusion?

I don't see the point of 16 small tidbits free DLC. They are supposed to be in the game. They have been taken out and release it every 2 days later as marketing. Free Temerian armor as 1 DLC, free Yennefer outfit as 2nd DLC. What's more to come? free sword, free armor, free small items.. which they are all in the game to start with. Free story DLC? What makes you think it's not one of the cut quest in the game itself and advertised as free? This is nothing but marketing to me.

Marcin has already said that they won't be able to do this stuff until premiere because they are busy doing the serious stuff.Therefore they will make this DLCs when they have free time. And it's gonna be free and it's good for marketing. How can you be so negative when other studios cut off their games and released them as DLC which are not even free.

Fuck I'm sounding so cynical in this thread, I really don't mean to.

0_o pretty sure they're additional styles that will be added to the game not that the whole module for changing hair/beard isn't there, from where did you come to that conclusion?

I came to that conclusion because I can't read properly :facepalm:

For some strange reason I thought it was implying that the "Barber" was only going to be in because of the DLC.

What makes you claim it is?

I'm all for critical thinking, but how do you know that this content already exists? As Marcin wrote, just because they announce it now doesn't mean the material is ready. We can next enter a discussion about whether or not Marcin in particular and CDPR in general are reliable, but I think that's not the point (and to me, they very much are).

Is it marketing? Of course it is. So? That doesn't make it any less generous (neither does it make it the epitome of generosity either, yes?). It's a kindness (small, big, middling, it makes no difference) and I don't understand in what way, due to what part in their history, CDPR warrant suspicion towards their conduct behind the scenes.

All that looks very promissing. Cant wait till February. Hope we`ll see something that will pleasure us till then too to keep us in tune.

It's obviously a marketing stunt but at the same time there's good reasons that we see so many tiny dlcs released by companies on day 1.

It's not just greed, but also that a game's development ends about 1 month before it goes out since it has put on disks, sent to retailers, go through Microsoft and Sony etc. So you've got the team not having anything to do besides patches, optimizations and so on.

CDPR making this stuff and releasing it free is going to be a good thing for the gaming industry as a whole, a bitch slap for publishers if Witcher 3 sells well.

Top Bottom