The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- 16 free DLCs for everyone!

+
Hmm, I would rather have enhanced edition with all-in-one feature, than DLC's scattered like this. It will take almost two months to release them all, and two months is too much to complete this game (prolly gonna do it in 2-3 weeks). While replaying it after two months is also too soon. So kinda half of the DLCs are gonna be left for the future playthroughs :D

Galaxy is going to have an auto update system like steam, right? Would suck to have to re-download the entire game for each update

You only need to download certain DLC files and run them. It can also be the stand alone launcher that has it's own updater like TW2.

Hmm, I would rather have enhanced edition with all-in-one feature, than DLC's scattered like this. It will take almost two months to release them all, and two months is too much to complete this game (prolly gonna do it in 2-3 weeks). While replaying it after two months is also too soon. So kinda half of the DLCs are gonna be left for the future playthroughs :D
Eh, somewhat true. If the game really ends with you being able to still explore like they said, then a lot of this content can be used in just normal gameplay after the ending.

Here, they mention the game doesn't really end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_8iQxewVYk#t=241 at 4 minutes

You only need to download certain DLC files and run them. It can also be the stand alone launcher that has it's own updater like TW2.
Alright, that's good then.

Last edited:
@Marcin Momot So there will be 8 bundles each week starting from the release??....

@Aditya I would inform you that CDPR is not whole Poland ;P.

Last edited:
I love you so much. Wouldn't mind moving to Poland and work as a janitor there. Hey in the mean time I can shoot films and enjoy the Polish life there too :D :p

I don't see the point of 16 small tidbits free DLC. They are supposed to be in the game. They have been taken out and release it every 2 days later as marketing. Free Temerian armor as 1 DLC, free Yennefer outfit as 2nd DLC. What's more to come? free sword, free armor, free small items.. which they are all in the game to start with. Free story DLC? What makes you think it's not one of the cut quest in the game itself and advertised as free? This is nothing but marketing to me.

What’s wrong with marketing? This means a little something new each week up to 2 months after the game’s release. That’s also a way for them to pun at the studios who do the paid DLC (sometimes even putting them on disc but locked on release). Clearly if Witcher 3 goes at least as viral as Skyrim this will be a big knockoff for these studios.

They're not selling it and they never removed anything. 99% of this content is not being released day one and isn't even finished. Like I said, the gaming today industry is so full of shitty greed that anyone who gives free content now is seen as disingenuous and only doing it for their reputation.

Being exact they are releasing 12,5% of DLCs at day one, and 2 every week from there so most of the work and polish would be done prior of release. And really sorry but ANNOUNCING it some days before a bunch of big games (including DAI) with known long lists of paid DLC are released and almost 4 months before yours it's aimed to deliver a message and get attention. Nothing ingenuous here, sir.

Being exact they are releasing 12,5% of DLCs at day one, and 2 every week from there so most of the work and polish would be done prior of release. And really sorry but ANNOUNCING it some days before a bunch of big games (including DAI) with known long lists of paid DLC are released and almost 4 months before yours it's aimed to deliver a message and get attention. Nothing ingenuous here, sir.
Every month leading up to Feb has some big releases. The crew is releasing next month and has a season pass, Dying light is releasing in January and has pre-order DLC a, Evolve and the Order 1886 are releasing in Feb and have pre-order DLC. What time could they have announced this that it wouldn't appear like it's some message? Even after the game is out there are still big releases and constant DLC coming out.

Last edited:
Well, @Docttj this month has some of the bigger releases together (2 ACs, DAI, GTAV, FC4) with Ubi and EA being some of the most greedy DLC related companies, not comparable at all with your list, adding to that there's three and a half months to TW3 release it's obvious what they did.

I basically see this as a way to keep Witcher 3 in the press for 4 months after the game releases. Witcher 3 is lining up to be a critically acclaimed, mind-blowing experience, and these updates will keep the conversation about it going for months.

@Marcin Momot Can you tell us whether or not this is replacing the Enhanced Edition update?

Last edited:
And this is why CD PROJEKT RED is such a great developer.
Thank you for giving us another reason to support you.

I basically see this as a way to keep Witcher 3 in the press for 4 months after the game releases. Witcher 3 is lining up to be a critically acclaimed, mind-blowing experience, and these updates will keep the conversation about it going for months.

@Marcin Momot Can you tell us whether or not this is replacing the Enhanced Edition update?

We haven't announced an Enhanced Edition... I don't know anything about it. As far as I know, there are no plans for this. We are aiming to make The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt the best game we possibly can. These DLCs are just something extra we want to give to the community.

Top Bottom