The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- 16 free DLCs for everyone!

+
BOOM!

Thats great news. Companies like Ubi and WB could learn so much about player satisfaction from you guys!

Thanks CDPR!

Well I'm not surprised. I'm glad, but not surprised. Not that surprised anyway. It's CDPR, when have they ever charged for DLC? :happy:

What I am though is extremely happy and grateful all the same. Thank you devs!

I do believe in an enhanced edition. If there isn't one, at least the devs will do as with previous games, and patch whatever needs to be patched along with other updates until they are satisfied. This is why I love you devs...you show love in return.

@Marcin Momot
Please give my love to everyone in the team! :respect: :happy:

Will do! Thank you for your support and for believing in what we do:)

@Marcin Momot, without any cat between you and me, at this point can we expect that, finally, we will have the final trailer-game this next Christmas.... or maybe a demo?

Or we'll have to settle with some screenshot again?

@Marcin Momot, without any cat between you and me, at this point can we expect that, finally, we will have the final trailer-game this next Christmas.... or maybe a demo?

Or we'll have to settle with some screenshot again?

We are planning to release many more materials in the upcoming months (both, static and animated) but I can't talk dates yet. Sorry.

This is very nice and a very intelligent move from CDPR.
First of all, in concept this dlc may exist but missed the final game. Not everyone on the team finishes the same time so there is time to make these fun dlc's.
Secondly it's know that if you played a game and you didn't resell it within 2 months you probably going to keep it. To feed nice dlc free for that period makes people want to hold on to the game resulting in less second hand games.
It is really smart and intelligent and fun for us customers. I like it a lot, thanks!

Don't worry. I use to understand the Top Secrets. But thank for this little information. It's better than nothing ;)

Meanwhile, at the offices of other AAA devs and publishers around the world, when they find out about CDPR's announcement....

Ubisoft:

Bioware:

EA:

You can count EA and Bioware as one now, because Bioware wasn't such a bunch of dicks before EA bought them :/

The Brazilian Gaming Media is booming with the 16 free DLCs news.4

"With free expansions, The Witcher 3 declares war on culture of DLCs" - http://gamehall.uol.com.br/network/expansoes-gratuitas-para-the-witcher-3.htm
"THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT WILL COUNT WITH 16 DLCS, ALL FREE!" - http://jovemnerd.com.br/jovem-nerd-...ild-hunt-vai-contar-com-16-dlcs-todos-gratis/
"The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will feature 16 free DLCs" - http://www.gamevicio.com/i/noticias...hunt-contara-com-16-dlcs-gratuitos/index.html

The majority pf opinions are very good.

I think the reason for them being post-launch is to emphasize on the fact that they're free DLCs and not just extra free content. To emphasize on their opinion that the way paid DLCs work is just plain wrong.

And a big thank you! I'm from Syria so I can't buy any DLCs and I'm glad I'll be getting them for free. One question though:

How big will the DLCs be? Like in MBs or GBs? Because some of us have slow internet and may have trouble downloading huge files over the internet.

Thanks again :)

Last edited:
I think the reason for them being post-launch is to emphasize on the fact that they're free DLCs and not just extra free content. To emphasize on their opinion that the way paid DLCs work is just plain wrong.

And a big thank you! I'm from Syria so I can't buy any DLCs and I'm glad I'll be getting them for free. One question though:

How big will the DLCs be? Like in MBs or GBs? Because some of us have slow internet and may have trouble downloading huge files over the internet.

Thanks again :)

I asked about DLC distribution, and the answer I got was that my question was asked too early. We'll know sometime before distribution starts. But my guess is they'll be working out distribution issues when they have time after the game goes to gold master (it's probably all hands on deck until they burn the gold master), so it won't be until just before.

Feel compelled to post. For those who keep saying, why doesn't it all come out at launch or why isn't it on the disc, the process is not as black and white as you'd think.
@sidspyker hit a number of the points nicely.

♦ DLC is something that is planned after the game's content is already locked and finalized.

♦ Once a game hits Beta, they don't want to add any more content that could mess things up, they want to focus on bug fixes for what is currently there.

♦ In order to release DLC, there is a huge amount of time that is needed for QA and certification through first party (Sony, Microsoft, etc). PC is the exception to this (in regards to certification).

♦ Much of this DLC is likely not started or polished yet. As the game is finished, resources will be shifted over.

♦ It's effing free for crying out loud and will give some replay value to a game that is supposed to be 100 hours long.

Top Bottom