The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
I'm fine with the decision. I wouldn't mind waiting for as long as needed if it means the game will be better overall.

I'm sick and tired of all those "big" companies rushing to a release date, resulting in selling unfinished products.

Well. That's disappointing, but now I do at least have more time to read all the Witcher books :)

Thank you guys for having the guts to postpone such a highly anticipated release.

I realize you want to release the game in the best shape possible. But to delay the release date for FOUR months when you promised a Feb 2015 release date is unacceptable. By the fucking time MAY comes, the weather will be warm, who wants to fucking sit inside in MAY. I mean this was meant to be a winter game as far as I'm concerned. Your hellish delay is completely ridiculous. Why couldn't you have the game release ready by the promised date? Why give a release date of Feb if you needed FOUR more months?

Tired of game companies promising release dates and then changing them. That is so 2003. I doubt I'll be playing this in May. Will probably wait until the following winter when the price goes down. Thanks guys, really nice, real nice.

---------- Updated at 05:37 AM ----------

And what about this bullshit? I didn't even see this linked article at first. How fucking dare you PROMISE no more release delays, then delay the game AFTER that promise, for FOUR more months. You know what? It DOES seem like this is the first game you've made. This is completely unacceptable. How fucking dare any of you.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3-no-more-delays-dev-promises/1100-6419648/

I realize you want to release the game in the best shape possible. But to delay the release date for FOUR months when you promised a Feb 2015 release date is unacceptable. By the fucking time MAY comes, the weather will be warm, who wants to fucking sit inside in MAY. I mean this was meant to be a winter game as far as I'm concerned. Your hellish delay is completely ridiculous. Why couldn't you have the game release ready by the promised date? Why give a release date of Feb if you needed FOUR more months?

Tired of game companies promising release dates and then changing them. That is so 2003. I doubt I'll be playing this in May. Will probably wait until the following winter when the price goes down. Thanks guys, really nice, real nice.

Entitlement is a word that tends to get overused sometimes in Video Games, and it reached an all-time high of overuse during the ME3 ending fiasco.

However this... This is real entitlement.

Wait until Winter then, nobody is missing out but yourself (And we certainly don't care) and it's actually only for your benefit. The game will reduce in price and you'll be able to play it in presumably its most bug-free state and with all the DLC.

And what about this bullshit? I didn't even see this linked article at first. How fucking dare you PROMISE no more release delays, then delay the game AFTER that promise, for FOUR more months. You know what? It DOES seem like this is the first game you've made. This is completely unacceptable. How fucking dare any of you.

Two words: Shit happens. Yes, it was a stupid statement for them to make. Nobody will deny that, but they've also acknowledged it was a stupid statement, apologized with sincerity and ensured that this is most definitely it now.
No person or company is perfect. Just how CDPR attempting to sue pirates was dumb, just like how initially putting DRM on TW2 was dumb. They've made mistakes, but they've realized those mistakes, apologized and they haven't made either of those mistakes again. Presumably in the future they will not only be smarter about how (IF) they delay a project, and if they do, they won't make such a statement ever again, it's about learning from your mistakes and presumably they will learn from this one.

Usually there can be a minor distinction between overreaction and unreasonable. Here it doesn't matter, you're being both.

Sken

Forum veteran
Ass Creed Unity, Driveclub, Destiny, Halo Collection, Battlefield 4, Sim City, Sega Sonic Boom are but a few that should have been delayed until ready.

Yes its frustrating, but I'd rather be able to play Witcher 3 on Day 1.

So, it seems school was not a loved place to be for learning sopme basic math....

From Feb to May there are 3 months... not 4 and this is not a leap-year at least! So it's not the apocalypse ....but...maybe the armageddon, right?

It's disappointing but with that said I'd rather it be put back to be able to play, I have had so many games which should have waited to release because i simply couldn't play so I thank you for doing so and for informing your fans. From footage shared of this it;s gonna be worth that wait and may will be here before any of us know it. :cheers:

---------- Updated at 05:37 AM ----------

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3-no-more-delays-dev-promises/1100-6419648/

LOL. You know how bad an unfinished game is? This is how bad an unfinished game is.

[video=youtube;agT-C8TtMdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agT-C8TtMdU[/video]

You really want to play this for four months until CD project red fixes it? Besides the longer it takes for this game to come out the better it will run, and look. For guys like me challenging those minimum requirements that is only a good thing.

Last edited:
Woah!
I hope that guy knows, that getting all upset like that is really bad for his heart!
Anyways...
I would imagine this delay is only for the best, I know I have made a promise once or twice in my life that I just couldn't keep.
It all works out in the end, because it's only for the better of the game as a whole ;)

Last edited:

Not everything always goes according to plan. Such is life.

Better get used to it. Otherwise your life is going to suck if you explode like this every time there's a small setback.

Also, learning some manners and being respectful to others wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Glad to see game postponed

I am sick and tired of unfinished, overly glitchy or otherwise unplayable games being pushed out the door by Developers as released versions. I am happy to see CD Projekt Red not be bullied by investors into releasing something they know to be unfinished. Companies that do this only infuriate avid fans which creates numerous complaining posts(rightfully so in most cases) which are countered by Fanboys(blindly devoted fans to the game) which creates a hostile atmosphere in forums and between players.

Lets hope you guys are able to get enough breathing room to give us a polished release.

TLDR: Thank you CD Projekt Red for holding off release.

Last edited:
BRING IT OUT!!!!! 3 years of delays argh

Dear CDProjectRed,
To my favourite publishers, developers, story tellers. You name it.
Can you just please bring out the game. I don't care if you want to polish it up and stuff. Just give me a copy my postcode of the closest EB games is 3189 tell them to reserve for a customer and your number 1 fan, Dimitri. Cheers its been very stressful over these years

Top Bottom