The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
If it's needed to keep up with the expectations and give us a quality product, so be it. TW3 is the first and only game I preordered, I decided to do it on GOG to give my support to developers. Despite all the rumors, I'm still waiting for the product to judge, wouldn't be fair to do it beforehand.

So, as always, I say "good work" to the dev team and really hope this will be a masterpiece :)

May 19th? ...
Is it bad this makes me happy? CDPR you guys take as much time as you need to make an amazing game, I will be happy to wait a little longer if the final product is brilliant.

Aaaaaand anyway I wasn't going to be able to play it until Easter so if it comes out on May 19th I should have finished most of my exams \o/ woop I'll be playing the Witcher 3 over the summer holidays!!

Same here on both counts. I have exams out the wazoo from January until March, so May works better for me anyway. I can just be a couch slob for like a month and do nothing but kill monsters and snarl one-liners. Works for me.

And it needs to be said again: WAY too many publishers these days are forcing games on the market before they're finished, just to meet a deadline, and it feels like goddamn everything that comes out these days is a beta trial. If this means the game'll actually WORK when it comes out, I'm all for it. I wish more companies had the spine to push back their releases when they need to.

100% backed. Do what needs to be done to make the best game possible, guys. I'll play the shit out of it no matter when it comes out.

At this point I dont know... It really looks like they are having problems finishing this game, they already promised us that february release date wont be moved again, and here it is. This + new trailer + neogaf insider, future looks bleak.

That Neogaf insider only posted two posts, I would discard what he said, because he didn't say anything more tbh.

Really disappointed. Mostly because of what has been conveyed from the studio. E.g. regarding February as the absolute release date.

Won't get my hopes too high for May. Wouldn't surprise me if game is pushed even further/contains major flaws. Sorry, can't be very optimistic.

And it needs to be said again: WAY too many publishers these days are forcing games on the market before they're finished, just to meet a deadline, and it feels like goddamn everything that comes out these days is a beta trial. If this means the game'll actually WORK when it comes out, I'm all for it. I wish more companies had the spine to push back their releases when they need to.

100% backed. Do what needs to be done to make the best game possible, guys. I'll play the shit out of it no matter when it comes out.

Exactly. If CDPR think that they need more time to make the game better, then really we have no reason to complain. Yes it's disappointing that we won't get the game in February, but it would be far more disappointing to receive a game with too many bugs or that felt unfinished.

I don't hear anything about compensating us, the players, for this second delay which you, the CDPR team, had stated that it not gonna happen.... And no, I don't want to hear that "the compensation will be the end product"

In other news, has this delay to do with the game or with the contents of the CE ...? Why do I have a feeling that it is for the second ?
Anyway, I have eaten the donkey, I won't choke in its tail. Please CDPR, do your best, we all counting on you.

Top Bottom