The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
Just like the recent trailers a delay brings a bunch of questions and speculation about how the game will turn out. A delay gives a bit more time and I'm hopeful the next reveal (gameplay pics or vid) includes a game status and platform so we can start to get a feel for how the end result will actually look. As always, can't wait to see what they show next.

As long as you are still confident, that you can pull it of, I am happy. I don't mind waiting a bit longer. Probably wouldn't have gotten around to playing it earlier anyway. Just make it the best you can. Good to hear that you are able to take the time you need.

Fine with me... in fact more proud than ever of these guys...
Release it in 2016 if you need, I already know it's a game I'll be playing for the next ten years (as I still do with the Witcher 1&2)...

But before anything don't deliver a buggy piece of crap like the releases we are getting from other devs.

I say it in every post I can... people worry so much about graphics and demand more and more crispy textures... While always pushing for the release dates to come as soon as possible...

Man, killing as much bugs as possible is what matters the most... delivering something far from a bugfest should be priority #1... they can release a texture pack whenever they want after date, but the core must be healthy.

Keep the good work CDPR.

A couple of things this brings up
Please, for the love of all that's holy, make sure you don't rush setting this release date as well. I think most of us would rather have a TBA over risking that it'll be delayed again. We don't mind the delay that much when it's for the purpose of improving the game, but I don't think our poor hearts can take this happening again.

Secondly, what does this mean for the 16 DLCs? Are they still planned to be released after the game is out, or might these end up just being included in the game to begin with now?

Also lastly, remember in these dark times these words of wisdom.
A delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever bad.

24th of February is my.. NO, WAS MY birthday, I WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE, TO BRING BALANCE TO THE NORTHERN KINGDOMS, NOT TURN AGAINST IT D:

Ahh but after the pills kick in, I can deal with it... I would sacrifice my birthday for you to take how much time you need to complete a game in your glorious vision, the world and experience you had in mind since the Witcher 1 and CDPR forming, but a dream that experience and finance in that time didn't allow to come true. The amazing Witcher 2 paved a path to something truly epic and more importantly, it shouldn't be anything less than a glorious RPG and witcher world gem, BUT not because of us only, but because of your long time desire of making a perfect Sapkowski universe in the realm of video games for whole world to enjoy.
And I can't thank you enough for that, because if it weren't for you, I would never know a single bit of that world. So THANK YOU, and I will stand besides you no matter when the release time is.

So to others I say: By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the Forums! Arise! Arise, Riders of Momot! Egos' shall be shaken, keyboards shall be splintered! A sword day... A RED (TM) DAY... ere the witcher rises!Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride!

Last edited:
I was always trying to be positive, but now I'm pretty sure that dude from neogaf`s forums was telling the truth...
Wouldn't he have mentioned "Oh hey it's going to probably get delayed too" if things were really that bad?

There are two sides to this story: one about actual deal of making a good game, the other about communication to the audience, managing its expectations - in general public relations. About the second part. W3 was announced 2 Feburary 2013 and will release 19th May of 2015. One would think announcing a game a year in advance is generous enough to familiarize players with the product and retain interest in the game. Dismissing the business impact of this news it still is a big bummer to the community: I hype myself up, community managers hype me up, I watch trailers, visit forums, post suggestions only to realise later I do all of it for a game that is always far away from being delivered. Don't get me wrong, W3 is a product for which we all love CDP RED (and from seeing how much they care about its success one can honestly hope it will be great), but no one can deny this situation is a let down.

Top Bottom