The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
I'm still concerned.
I mean, rushing it out the door certainly isn't a good thing, but the fact that we're seeing multiple delays certainly isn't a good sign either as it suggests shoddy organization.
If it was a good thing, Duke Nukem Forever would've been the best game in existence.
It's only 2 delays. The studio making DNF had a lot of issues that CDPR doesn't seem to have. The game wasn't even being made for many years

We all realise a predicted release date isn't a blood oath, right? It's not a wedding vow?

It's a developer's BEST GUESS based on current development results and previous experience as to when their artistic and technical creation will be ready.

They could just say, "when it's done" or, "I'm working on it". Hello, George R.R. Martin.

And, since it's a creative work, that'd be life. We aren't actually owed a darn thing, since this is for a project we haven't paid for yet. You can be as worried or releived as you like with the minimum information we've been given, but you don't really have any moral high ground here. Or consumer high ground.

Lots of bad games have been delayed. Lots of good ones, too. So since both good and bad games have seen delays, this delay isn't much of a metric for either.

What it is, is a longer wait time until we get what we want. We can either wait patiently, talk about it civilly or get upset about it.

Either way, be aware that a thread like this is a trouble magnet, so if you were thinking about losing your temper or deploying some of your finer personal attacks, you might want to think again.

We all realise a predicted release date isn't a blood oath, right? It's not a wedding vow?

It's a developer's BEST GUESS based on current development results and previous experience as to when their artistic and technical creation will be ready.

They could just say, "when it's done" or, "I'm working on it". Hello, George R.R. Martin.

And, since it's a creative work, that'd be life. We aren't actually owed a darn thing, since this is for a project we haven't paid for yet. You can be as worried or releived as you like with the minimum information we've been given, but you don't really have any moral high ground here. Or consumer high ground.

Lots of bad games have been delayed. Lots of good ones, too. So since both good and bad games have seen delays, this delay isn't much of a metric for either.

What it is, is a longer wait time until we get what we want. We can either wait patiently, talk about it civilly or get upset about it.

Either way, be aware that a thread like this is a trouble magnet, so if you were thinking about losing your temper or deploying some of your finer personal attacks, you might want to think again.

Yeah all would be fine if it was just a prediction, but they promised: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3-no-more-delays-dev-promises/1100-6419648/

I'm fine with this, anytime after the end of a winter and the start of the next winter for a deep narrative driven rpg that's likely to demand so much of my attention is much the same to me.

In other words, take your time RED's, kick it back to 1st November 2015 even !

(summer releases are for kids ;))

WHAT THE FUCK?!!

Does this have anything to do with the reactions to the last trailer or the last screenshots?

Killing bugs is the way...

Attachments

• witcher.jpg
    witcher.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 44
Well, we all know it's going to be a big game and I'm sure it'll be great. Too much bugs and such stuff just because they didn't decide to delay the release date again could've ruined the game experience, and that would have been unnecessary.
Still believe you're doing a great job, CDPR. Take your time to make this game as great as it can be. No one will complain about the delays when it's finally released and as good as you promised ;)

It's only 2 delays. The studio making DNF had a lot of issues that CDPR doesn't seem to have. The game wasn't even being made for many years
True enough, but it still makes it seem like a lot of the issues that people had with the game certainly weren't unfounded.

Top Bottom