The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
One thing I hope (as many others) is that this announcement doesn't lead into another couple of months of silence, that would be painful. Oh, and no more rehashed / redundant interviews, please.

Yes ! And no more story trailers, i want some gameplay vids, both and PC and PS4/One. i accept your appologies but we deserve something in exchange for our patience !

I'm devastated CDPR. Don't you know that Eurovision is on the 19th of May? I got better things to do at that time. :D

(and Poland is participating too)

Its just baffling to me. Every time a new trailer comes out or new screens that don't look up to par and cause an uproar, fans and devs alike come and say that "these areas of the game aren't finished yet and it'll look way better trust us"

Why on EARTH would you put the bad looking and unfinished parts into the trailers and screens?

I mean how is it possible that a gameplay trailer in 2013 looks better than it does now? I mean I have total faith in CDPR and as shown from Witcher 2 the game's visuals increased in awesomeness through dev time but..aren't they going in the wrong direction?

Also how is it possible that some areas are graphically awesome and some aren't? I thought the game was largely seamless? What do they mean you just walk into a field and suddenly the textures are bland and the reflections and lighting are worse?

I am pretty confident that by the release the game will be even better than it looked at the beginning. I have faith in CDP. But..I just don't understand their whole PR marketing technique.

Why on EARTH would you put the bad looking and unfinished parts into the trailers and screens?

Interesting, isn't it?
just don't understand their whole PR marketing technique.
Me too. We need this situation explained. We need to hear what's really going on.

Here's a thought: what about the 16 pieces of free dlc? Sorry if this has already been brought up but I was curious. Surely they have enough time to release them with the full game now right? What's gonna happen with that?

Whilst I'm on the subject why were they working on DLC if they were so busy, desperately trying to finish the game before. I guess the guy's working on them didn't have anything else to do. It's just it sounds like they have more to do than just polish the game if they need to delay it again. Anyway, not trying to start a conspiracy theory here, just wondering out loud.

Could anyone more familiar with the game development process please inform me to how these things usually work?

Attachments

• 516669.jpg
    516669.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 534122.jpg
    534122.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 416579.jpg
    416579.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 42
Here's a thought: what about the 16 pieces of free dlc? Sorry if this has already been brought up but I was curious. Surely they have enough time to release them with the full game now right? What's gonna happen with that?

Whilst I'm on the subject why were they working on DLC if they were so busy, desperately trying to finish the game before. I guess the guy's working on them didn't have anything else to do. It's just it sounds like they have more to do than just polish the game if they need to delay it again. Anyway, not trying to start a conspiracy theory here, just wondering out loud.

Could anyone more familiar with the game development process please inform me to how these things usually work?

Hard to say, if they really delayed the game because they needed more time for polishing, some teams should be available to work on those DLCs, so I hope they will be included in the game. But if there are more serious problems, all teams are probably still working on game and they had to push development of those DLCs back.

Another thing to take into consideration is if they really want to put those DLCs into the game even if they can, so far their 16 free DLC program served them well as a marketing for the game and maybe they dont want to lose that.

so far their 16 free DLC program served them well as a marketing for the game and maybe they dont want to lose that.
I doubt that. With the newest delay on the plate the super-early detailed announcement of these DLC now even looks more ridiculous than before...

Perhaps push the date back a few more weeks? Just so it is released after I've finished my exams for that semester.

After the collectors edition issue i'm kinda neutral, no faith or doom. Best just to wait and see.

There's more than one master (players) for their development team now. If people are concerned with graphics suddenly looking worse, how can you not see what is happening here? I think pc players should start a kickstarter to fund an alternate marketing promotion for cdproject to restore and reenable the graphics for the stronger platforms for witcher 3. Or at the very least.. to have it so the witcher 3 remains whole for the platforms that can handle it and nothing gets removed.. for marketing reasons especially.

Who Knows, maybe something went wrong somewhere during the developpement ? they are humans after all. I don't need to read explanation, videos and images should speak for themselves. To me it's fine if the final version looks like the E3 material, or the famitsu's screen.

On another subject, reading all of your comments and be a part of the discussion really help my english (even if i certainly still make a lot of mistakes)

Bollocks, Ah well i don't mind , take your time. I like the transparency and hope the game turns out really good.
Have a merry Witchermas everyone. Onward to next year and hopefully no more delays so we can enjoy a really good Witcher game.

Perhaps push the date back a few more weeks? Just so it is released after I've finished my exams for that semester.

Crap i didn't even think about that. I think this delay might pose a legit threat to my exam results, 'cause i have no willpower when it comes to making myself revise. :hrhr:

Its just baffling to me. Every time a new trailer comes out or new screens that don't look up to par and cause an uproar, fans and devs alike come and say that "these areas of the game aren't finished yet and it'll look way better trust us"

I mean how is it possible that a gameplay trailer in 2013 looks better than it does now? I mean I have total faith in CDPR and as shown from Witcher 2 the game's visuals increased in awesomeness through dev time but..aren't they going in the wrong direction?

Also how is it possible that some areas are graphically awesome and some aren't? I thought the game was largely seamless? What do they mean you just walk into a field and suddenly the textures are bland and the reflections and lighting are worse?

I am pretty confident that by the release the game will be even better than it looked at the beginning. I have faith in CDP. But..I just don't understand their whole PR marketing technique.

The old trailers had a lot of bugs, unfinished and poor looking stuff in them too. I think CDPR are just honest about how the game looks at the current point of development. And don't try and hide the flaws like other devs. Sadly that is backfiring on them now. Here are some screen grabs from a couple of the older trailers

http://i.minus.com/ibqZYUVly3VZCq.png
http://i.minus.com/it1x151nq2yCU.png
http://i.minus.com/iOiXcL4gtVUKt.png
http://i.minus.com/iO4raleYZt2Bi.png
http://i.minus.com/iZ4ZDykKaYvvV.png
http://i.minus.com/ibvijxmfJQnVaR.png
http://i.minus.com/ikfmyLosXzuQK.png

Top Bottom