The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
You did the right thing CDPR!

I know many people here are upset about the second delay but considering all the bad shit that happened in 2014, delaying the game is the best thing you could have done. The game was probably delayed to clean up all the bugs due to the game's size, imagine if the game had shipped in an unacceptable state in November, right along-side AC Unity. Now a buggy game is bad enough but the bad rep Unity received would have tarnished the devs and the franchise even more. Not to mention all the rumors about visual downgrades and the Watch Dogs comparisons there would have been. To top it all off this would have betrayed all the trust people have in CDPR, the kind of trust that is a double-edged sword, the kind of trust that can become the exact opposite in mere moments. So if you guys have any worries about delaying the game, don't worry! It was for the best.

Yeah, that is a bummer. But the stockholders who bought CD Projekt stock at the top, expecting mad profits before the end of 2014, have taken their lumps, too. And the absence of complaints from them is some reason to believe there is not any funny business afoot.

No shit they aren't complaining. Witcher 3, GoG, and CD project red as a company in general are going to become a HUGE force in gaming in the coming years. They have the makings of the next Valve.

I really hope not, let them stay as GOG as possible :p

Growth is a good thing, and the more good companies we have leading the way; setting awesome policies the more gaming will prosper. I don't know about you, but for me the last 5 years of gaming have been rather bleak. I mean even with 2015 being an awesome year for contemporary gaming it would only compare to a fair year for the 95 to 06 years.

---------- Updated at 03:08 PM ----------

Please.

CDPR can count to 3.

I meant in a relevancy capacity not a 25 year development for a single game capacity.

Growth is a good thing, and the more good companies we have leading the way the setting awesome policies the more gaming will prosper. I don't know about you, but for me the last 5 years of gaming have been rather bleak. I mean even with 2015 being an awesome year for contemporary gaming it would only compare to a fair year for the 95 to 06 years.

And I have seen GOG betray their own standards for growth, if they really want to overcome the market they would have to change their standards, like Regional Pricing for example.

No, I wish for GOG to grow as much as possible without it turning into something it does not stand for.

And I have seen GOG betray their own standards for growth, if they really want to overcome the market they would have to change their standards, like Regional Pricing for example.

No, I wish for GOG to grow as much as possible without it turning into something it does not stand for.

Well I doubt the market place for GOG will stay the same forever. Still I am talking about CD Project Red as a whole, so I can foresee them opening an additional digital market place if they get big enough.

And like I said, in order for them to get big enough they would have to pay a price, a price we do not want it to be paid as fans and customers.

Right now they provide a superior service, and if they expanded the range of that service wouldn't we see that hurt their competition more than just copying them? You are assuming that they could only get ahead by using the same stale tactics. My contention is their current policies is why they will turn into a major force.

I was just kidding. Didn't mean to be taken seriously.

As was I; except about Half Life 3 coming out in 25 years. I saw the original developer interview back on G4 with valve about half life 2, and they said that they have zero qualms about taking a decade, or more to make the exact game they want. With steam being an endless money train for them they are extremely lax with release dates, and very prickly about quality.

I was actually expecting that it was going to be delayed. While I think that it's not good that they break a promise, I think it's one of the promises I'm more forgiving when it comes to breaking those promises. Maybe it will be a great success, maybe it will not, but going by CDPR track record I will put my hope in it, while keeping some scepticism, but I won't speculate about what may be wrong when there are no facts on the table.

I have both one & two. When release was announced to be late 2014, and then delayed a few months later I was glad they wanted to make it great. Now I'm wondering if all the delays are for multiplayer functions. Don't want or care for mmo. Just want Gerralt as I have played both several times to get different outcomes. Don't want spoilers or game play previews just waiting for my collectors edition.

Since nobody said anything about multiplayer, whether as the supposed cause of the delay or as a supposed feature of the game at all. spreading a rumor that the delay would be for multiplayer is nothing but FUD.

Don't spread FUD.

Good...take your time (even though it *was* coming out on my birthday dammit.) At least now you guys will know u've done your best. I Don't Need U To Be another bioware (as much as i care for them) you dont need u to rush on my account, CDPR...you're my fave devs for a reason. ....sides it'll give me a chance to build my machine for this beast of a game.

Last edited:
My only hope is not to postpone the game. Again.

I hope they delliver on may 19th cause i already preorderd my game (the collector's edition that is) and i only have high hopes for the witcher! But i will not lie and say i am not waiting for something from its small rival, Dragon Age: Inquisition which i also bought and own and by the way love it 2.

Don't get your hopes up too high. Anything's possible, if not particularly likely. . . .

Last edited:
Top Bottom