The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at PAX East!

+
While the Saturday 10:30 and 13:00 sessions are listed in this PAX twitch schedule you gave a link to, the Sunday 14:00 session is not. Could you comment on this? Is the schedule wrong, or this session won't be streamed on Twitch PAX channels?

This session has appeared as sort of a last minute thing so I think the details are still being discussed. Chris might know more since he's going to be on site:)

My birthday is on Friday so it's too bad nothing was scheduled for that day. :p

Also, I won't complain about anything new at this point. Screenshots, trailers, gameplay, I'll take them all. :)

Cant w8 to see some new stuff killing time with the 1st game proly gona do the 2nd one before wild hunt come out :D

<<Moves from Boston, MA area to Warsaw, Poland and is happy to close to CDPR.

*CDPR goes to PAX EAST in Boston, MA while silversteel is still studying at Warsaw University of Technology*

I have been defeated

What about us fans who are on the other side of the globe and can't watch the stream because it's on at 2am in the morning. Are the streams going to be uploaded to youtube?

What about us fans who are on the other side of the globe and can't watch the stream because it's on at 2am in the morning. Are the streams going to be uploaded to youtube?

9 times out of 10 Streams are held in a history which you can go back and view at any time (Much like a normal YT channel's upload works).

I don't see any reason why the Pax stream would be that 1 in 10. Not to mention that if it is in-fact new Gameplay (Of course, I've only just recently realized that they never specified whether it's new or not - unless i missed something - so it might just be old stuff with a new narration), it'll surely get uploaded to YT by multiple sources anyway, and probably even a HQ link eventually too.

(...) Not to mention that if it is in-fact new Gameplay (Of course, I've only just recently realized that they never specified whether it's new or not - unless i missed something - so it might just be old stuff with a new narration (...)

Pretty confident and thus thrilled it's going to be brand new gameplay.

There was even explicit mention, which I can't seem to locate at the moment, of showing the «latest bulild». Marcin being the nice chap and karaoker extraordinaire that he is suggests he wouldn't start a new thread doomed to cause frustration.
He tweeted:

A lot of new @witchergame stuff coming your way during @Official_PAX East. Full schedule should be on http://thewitcher.com soon.

Why would they rehash old gamepolay for and at such a premium occasion - the last big gaming convention before TW3 releases? Already there was that slightly odd move of embeding the 6-month old SoD trailer in the latest gameplay (and even at that, it still begs the question: why didn't they go with the much more recent Elder Blood?). Speaking of the latest gameplay morsel, now 6-weeks old, it was 1) teased, then 2) released and then 3) re-shown on Twitch with live commentary.

Wouldn't it be downright nonsensical to show it thrice?

Nah.
Brand new it is.

While I'm at it, night-time and indoor gameplay would be nice for a change.

Last edited:
I am glad CDPR get all the attention they deserve but I won't allow myself to be spoiled even more and shall ignore this event completely. I hope things are still going as planned and we'll get TW3 on 05/19.

why didn't they go with the much more recent Elder Blood?

Probably because it was rushed and just for VGA, SOD is like the more "official" trailer intended to represent the game and showcase its glory. They didnt even waited for E3, just showed it right there in their own CDPR conference.

Thats also why I said I wanted a new trailer like that, I want one of those carefully prepared, crafted witcher trailers (which would also let us look at Ultra settings probably), those made to define the game almost.

Thanks, then I'm addressing this question to @TheEvilChris :) Hopefully he can chime in on that.

It was indeed a last minute addition. The event scheduled for that slot couldn't make it and Twitch (knowing what we were showing at the 2 previous broadcasts) asked us if we'd come back and do a 3rd broadcast. :)

---------- Updated at 05:16 PM ----------

This is beyond our control as the streams come from PAX and Twitch rather than our own broadcast. However, we've been told they will be available afterwards, so I think you'll be able to watch whatever happens once you wake up the next day. :)

I am glad CDPR get all the attention they deserve but I won't allow myself to be spoiled even more and shall ignore this event completely. I hope things are still going as planned and we'll get TW3 on 05/19.

I've had this debate with myself every time they release new content. I figure with a game this big it doesnt hurt to see a few spoilers... plus, I have no self control

So I assume what was just shown at Nvidia's Conference at GDC is a small snippet of what we'll see at PAX.

Doesn't look like they've upped the difficulty though. Still keen.

Top Bottom