The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at PAX East!

+
Will there be much of a difference between Intel i5 and i7 (on equal Ghz ofc :) )? It may be quite improtant information for people buying new PC for W3 :p

SLI with GTX 780Ti or GTX 980, will enough for 1440p with all ultra + AA or 4k with ultra without AA ?

Guys, I'll be collecting questions during today's stream so if you have any questions regarding the game that you want answered, drop them here and I'll see what can be done:)

Should we stick to the theme of the panel?

1. One of the big issues with open world RPGs is "Over leveling". Does the game do anything to ensure that completing lots of side quests doesn't trivialize the main objectives?

2. Do enemies in the world respawn? If so, how frequently?

3. Is it true that Dark Mode has permadeath? What other differences are there between dark mode and hard difficulty?

Guys, I'll be collecting questions during today's stream so if you have any questions regarding the game that you want answered, drop them here and I'll see what can be done:)

Did you guys get lot of inspiration to your game recently from the new Witcher book Season of Storms? Because it seems to broaden the lore in witcher world nicely and I would imagine it being useful to you.

Is for example the new monsters introduced in the book present in the game or new information about the witchers like the Somne sign?

We saw a lot of Yennefer recently which is really nice. However, it feels like Triss is not getting much attention anymore. Will we see a bit more of her before the game is released ?

Is there any unexpected characters from the books that might appear (maybe... Regis ? ) ? ::)

Sken

Forum veteran
1: Is the camera adjustable to play closer to Geralt like in the trailers
2: Will doors open normally, i.e not at super speed
3: Any updates to eliminate close proximity pop-in seen in the demos, grass LOD issues from only a few feet away, shadows suddenly appearing, draw distance etc
4: What are the next gen weather effects? We haven't seen anything yet.
5: What are some of the next gen graphical features. Can you talk about the Nvidia effects, tesselation, AA being used, bump mapping which was absent on the brick walls in the January press event and so on. Clarify if you can what is in the ultra setting.
6: What will use Nvidia hair technology. Geralt, wolves, anything else, everything with hair/fur?
7: Can you talk about enemy AI, what are some of their patterns, do attack strategies differ per region.
8: Can you elaborate on some of the systems in the game. Stamina, adrenaline, toxicity, horse stamina, UI, the mini map, markers, others we don't know to ask.
9: Can you elaborate on combat, targeting system, how do you target an enemy, how does deflecting arrows work, what other ways can the environment be used, bees/swamp gases we already know. Can Geralt disarm a foe and kill him with his own weapon. Geralt can climb and swim, can he kill from above/below, what takedowns are there?
10: What was the most challenging thing for you in the development of the game?
11: How much has the game grown in size compared to the initial concept?
12: Can you comment on Redkit, is it targeting a 2015 release date?
13: Can you talk about customization of the game. What features can be toggled on/off.
14: Can you explain the difference between the game modes(easy> dark) and how that affects combat, quest markers, dialogue, health, economy
15: Can you talk more about Novigrad, the cloak and daggers aspects, the underground, how the quests differ and do Novigrad quests have a bigger impact on the main storyline compared to quests in 'No Mans Land'
16: What are you most proud of in the game, any feature or mechanic works beyond your expectations
17: How is the moral of the team, its been a long road, working harder than ever no doubt
18: Sick of us fans yet, I know I would be.
19: Are any aspects of the environment destructible, setting fire to grass, kicking in doors etc
20: When will we be shown the next sizeable gameplay demo, in high quality, and will it have all effects enabled, and less cut scene heavy?

1: Is the camera adjustable to play closer to Geralt like in the trailers
2: Will doors open normally, i.e not at super speed
3: Any updates to eliminate close proximity pop-in seen in the demos, grass LOD issues from only a few feet away, shadows suddenly appearing, draw distance etc
4: What are the next gen weather effects? We haven't seen anything yet.
5: What are some of the next gen graphical features. Can you talk about the Nvidia effects, tesselation, AA being used, bump mapping which was absent on the brick walls in the January press event and so on. Clarify if you can what is in the ultra setting.
6: What will use Nvidia hair technology. Geralt, wolves, anything else, everything with hair/fur?
7: Can you talk about enemy AI, what are some of their patterns, do attack strategies differ per region.
8: Can you elaborate on some of the systems in the game. Stamina, adrenaline, toxicity, horse stamina, UI, the mini map, markers, others we don't know to ask.
9: Can you elaborate on combat, targeting system, how do you target an enemy, how does deflecting arrows work, what other ways can the environment be used, bees/swamp gases we already know. Can Geralt disarm a foe and kill him with his own weapon. Geralt can climb and swim, can he kill from above/below, what takedowns are there?
10: What was the most challenging thing for you in the development of the game?
11: How much has the game grown in size compared to the initial concept?
12: Can you comment on Redkit, is it targeting a 2015 release date?
13: Can you talk about customization of the game. What features can be toggled on/off.
14: Can you explain the difference between the game modes(easy> dark) and how that affects combat, quest markers, dialogue, health, economy
15: Can you talk more about Novigrad, the cloak and daggers aspects, the underground, how the quests differ and do Novigrad quests have a bigger impact on the main storyline compared to quests in 'No Mans Land'
16: What are you most proud of in the game, any feature or mechanic works beyond your expectations
17: How is the moral of the team, its been a long road, working harder than ever no doubt
18: Sick of us fans yet, I know I would be.
19: Are any aspects of the environment destructible, setting fire to grass, kicking in doors etc
20: When will we be shown the next sizeable gameplay demo, in high quality, and will it have all effects enabled, and less cut scene heavy?

Well, now we can stop asking. I think he has asked ALL possible questions hahahaha

1.Will our choises from the previous game(Adda,Shani,Alvin,Henselt, Sheala, Letho) affect Witcher 3 much larger than before ? In W itcher 2 i was a bit dissapointed that after i saved Adda and Readania and Temeria formed an alliance i havent see no affection. Haven`t seen no Adda, no Redania reinforcements in Temeria-La Valett castle. And many other choises i made in the previous games left without consequenses-only mentions from Taler, Vivaldi, Yaevin and others.
2. Will we see more mages in the Witcher 3? I dont mention Sheala and Phillipa. Both male and female. Many of them was on Tanned. Keira, Margarita, Franchesca ,Terranova and many others. I was bit confused when Sabrina and Assire died before i even had a chance to know more of them.
3. Will we see some of game mechanics-skill advance, combat,crafting, more about monster hunting, and miigames in future?
4.Will we get more artworks /renders and screenshot from PAX?
5.Are you planning the calendar with the characters from Witcher universe for Playboy like you did when Witcher 2 was released ?

Last edited:
So the "What it Takes to Build a Next Gen Open World Game" stream will start in about 3 hours (10:30AM EST, 16:30 CET) over on twitch.tv/pax2.

So I'd like to invite you all to the (un)official Witcher chat over here, just type in a nickname and you're good to go (no password required). Or alternatively you can connect to Xertion.org, channel #Witcher if you're using an IRC client.

See you all there. :)

Last edited:
1) Visual effect potion "Cat" is more like a TW1 or TW2 ?

2) The Witchers medallion reacts somehow when monsters near ?

3) Is there any animation "drinking potions" ?

Last edited:
Please, PLEASE..!!

I'm making this question about two years ago and never see an answer!

Will we be allowed to name of the files when we save the game? Or it'll be automatic game function?
How the saving system files will works?

Sorry for the colored font, don't get me wrong but as a good cat

Last edited:
The livestream will focus on how they created the open world right? I hope they mention if an awesome feature that i remember in old interviews of Damien Monnier is still in there. He said that if you kill a lot of predators in an area then the number of prey will increase, for example more deers will roam that area. If you kill too much prey then the predators will move to another area. If more features like this are in the game it will definitely be one of the most immersive worlds in games

Last edited:
I hope this isn't answered already, but can we find any reference to the events of the latest Andrzej Sapkowski book in the game? Of course I mean Sezon burz, I'm not sure if there is official English translation of the title, I know just about Polish and Czech (Bouřková sezóna)

Last edited:
Looks like all the relevant questions have been asked. I'll add a stupid one. :p

Do the GWENT cards have original art done specifically for them or do they just have regular character renders/pre-existing concept art?

Top Bottom