The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt || Creating the sound Developer Diary

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt || Creating the sound Developer Diary

Listen to our team members talk about the challenges of designing, producing and recording the award winning music and sounds of Geralt of Rivia’s final adventure. Check out the Developer Diary.

The GOTY Edition of the most awarded game of 2015 -- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Available now with all expansions and additional content. For more info visit: http://buy.thewitcher.com/

Good to see more diares :)
Sound is probably the most underrated part of video games for me. Especially ambient sound.
I loved the helmet voice recording technique, so simple yet so brilliant.

Literally putting helmets on the microphones made me laugh, but damn it had a good effect.

Kudos to the whole music and sound team, they were brilliant.

Definitely one of the best dev diaries I've seen. Respect to the whole music & sound team for their amazing work!

Really cool seeing things like this. They should do one about some of the scrapped content / ideas throughout they had throughout the series. Hell, I'd pay to see that, whether it be a video or an artbook.

Absolutely fascinating glimpse behind the sounds of The Witcher III's world! I particularly enjoyed seeing a bit about how they captured the sound effects.

Awsome- Unbeiliveble job.

Sometimes,,when home feel a little empty in those hard moments, I click on TW3's OST and magic happens. Again.

Thank you very much

PS.
HoS and B&W respective OST still aren't aviable without DRM?

Ah, I just love these dev diaries!

It's really nice to see how that masterpiece of your life was made :) There are so much interesting little details that normal folk never realize or think. And all that is needed to make a great game. Music is always easy to notice, it can be average, bad or good. But all those other sound effects... Those tiny little details which plays so huge role. I think that the better sound effects were made, the less people pay attention to it. So when it's perfect, it kinda doesn't exist even if it's there all the time. Because it sounds just the same as your everyday life. But if you make crappy sound effects, then surely everybody notices it.

A bit hard to explain what I mean, but I hope you get the point :)

Compare sound e.g on the swamps in Wild Hunt, with these from the first Witcher... Ambient sound is much better in the first game, even it is much older... (and all the exploration music in 3 is the worst of the trilogy)

Top Bottom