The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Framerate is shit on PS4

+
What did you expect from a heavy graphics open world game running on your 3 years outdated box?

Be glad that you atleast are able to even run it.

I agree, runs like crap on my PS4 and they even downgraded the game. LOL. Made it shit for PC players who are innocent, and made a half assed game on consoles as well.

PS:- Try to please everyone and fucks everybody.

Be grateful you have the game on consoles. TW1 and TW2 were previously PC exclusives. The only way if you want good framerates on consoles, are reduced settings. Reduced settings means subpar visuals and that's not gonna sell on consoles.

I agree, runs like crap on my PS4 and they even downgraded the game. LOL. Made it shit for PC players who are innocent, and made a half assed game on consoles as well.

PS:- Try to please everyone and fucks everybody.
You are either mentally ill or just a bad troll.
"Runs like crap" Seriously? Now remind me how "powerful" your box is please. Oh wait, your are playing on a console, a game that is the best looking RPG on the market - yet you complain instead of being happy that your completely outdated box manages to even run it on that great visual level.

"Downgrade" comment was the most stupid so far. Dunno what are you even talking about, but majority of people who play it on PC are incredibly happy because the game looks absolutely stunning on Ultra ( im not even talking about the mods that will enchance it latter just like with Skyrim ) and well optimised at the same time.

Or maybe you really expected your game to look like it does on high-end PC and also be able to run it on 60 fps? LOL.

Atleast Xbox users are not complaining about fps, even tho they play on lower resolution - they appreciate optimisation and the game.

Atleast Xbox users are not complaining about fps, even tho they play on lower resolution - they appreciate optimisation and the game.

Mate.... you even read around people complaining about downgrade on Xbox?

As a XbOne user, I love the game, and frankly I find the graphics perfect and I cannot complain. However there definitely are users out there who think otherwise, the graphics promised in the trailers and demos are not the same, but I'm fine with that.

People on PC are happy with it graphically? Woah where have you been son?

(Warning - Swearing and some language some might not like)

(All respect to CDPR, I don't link this in offense, just proving a point of some's opinions)

Last edited:
Mate.... you even read around people complaining about downgrade on Xbox?

As a XbOne user, I love the game, and frankly I find the graphics perfect and I cannot complain. However there definitely are users out there who think otherwise, the graphics promised in the trailers and demos are not the same, but I'm fine with that.

People on PC are happy with it graphically? Woah where have you been son?

(Warning - Swearing and some language some might not like)

(All respect to CDPR, I don't link this in offense, just proving a point of some's opinions)
Yes seen shitload of Xbox forums with people being happy how great the game looks on their low-tier box, despite the fact that it would have never reached visual level shown in the trailers in the first place. That was beyond obvious.

And YES, people on PC community as a whole are happy with the product. Like it or not, its the Best looking open world game at the moment. On PC (even without tweaks) it looks stunning.
People like this guy who bitch about "duwgrade" are minority in the first place, just like these forums.

Basically if I wanna know what console or PC communities think of A game - I go to metacritic to check user scores.

PC Metacritic: from Critics 94, from users 92 and rising. Steam reviews are just as great and rising.

Pretty much same thing happens with consoles. Most of these laughable complains are from kids who does little to no impact.

Last edited:
I agree, there are a lot of happy people, myself included, however I have several friends and have seen dozens of posts regarding disappointment in visual quality both on PC and Xbone
Metacritic...a reliable and trustworthy site if I have ever seen one...

Wouldn't say that bitching about a downgrade in graphics is a minority argument, I remember it firing up fairly badly during times between the trailers being released and demo
Frankly I didn't notice or care for the difference, but it definitely wasn't like only 6% (of the wondrous magical Metacritic score) were complaining about the downgrade

Ill stop arguing now, great game, are there graphic issues? There always are with games.

Sken

Forum veteran
That frame rate looked completely playable, I was expecting stuttering, and the general framerate chugging.

Better fps is always nice, but I think if you want to play a cutting edge open world game at 1080p and solid framerate, a console is not for you my friend.

That frame rate looked completely playable, I was expecting stuttering, and the general framerate chugging.

Better fps is always nice, but I think if you want to play a cutting edge open world game at 1080p and solid framerate, a console is not for you my friend.

I watched his little video and i'm still aking my self, what his problem is.

It would have been a good start, specially when he's whining about "shitty Framerate" and then shows a Video without any Framerate issues at all.

Blame Youtube for that. Their videos run at 30 fps and you can still see the occasional choppiness in the footage. The PS4 version is known to drop to 20 fps in high load situations and the fog in the swamp certainly doesn't help with it.

That's what you get when you combine forced 1080p for marketing purposes with mediocre hardware. Frankly, I'd put the blame for how the game runs on PS4 firmly in the hands of Sony. You can bet that some form of monetization happened just to be able to say "Look! OUR version runs at 1080p and doesn't dynamically upscale from 900p like a certain other console!".

Blame Youtube for that. Their videos run at 30 fps and you can still see the occasional choppiness in the footage. The PS4 version is known to drop to 20 fps in high load situations and the fog in the swamp certainly doesn't help with it.

That's what you get when you combine forced 1080p for marketing purposes with mediocre hardware. Frankly, I'd put the blame for how the game runs on PS4 firmly in the hands of Sony. You can bet that some form of monetization happened just to be able to say "Look! OUR version runs at 1080p and doesn't dynamically upscale from 900p like a certain other console!".

Thanks for the Info.
So, obviously they are buying an inferior product and then some of them are whining about the inferiority of their product. Yup, that makes sense!
TBH, what are they expecting?

Top Bottom