The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gets a FREE next-gen update on December 14th!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

The long-awaited free next-gen update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming out on December 14th, 2022!

Enhanced with the power of next-gen consoles and modern PC hardware in mind, the upcoming update will feature dozens of visual, performance and technical enhancements, including ray tracing support, faster loading times on consoles, a variety of mods integrated into the experience, and much more! On top of that, we’re adding a set of DLCs inspired by Netflix’s The Witcher series, such as new weapons and armor for Geralt and alternative looks for select characters.

The next-gen update is free for everyone who already owns any version of the game. For those who don’t have the game yet, a dedicated next-gen version, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition, featuring all enhancements, free DLCs and story expansions: Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine, will be available for purchase digitally on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, with a physical release at a later date.

In addition to the next-gen release, the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will also receive an update featuring numerous additions and improvements, as well as the Netflix Witcher-themed DLCs. Further details, including the release date, will be announced soon.

If you want to learn more, make sure to tune in to REDstreams on our Twitch channel next week for an exclusive look at the next-gen gameplay reveal and details on the upcoming changes.

See you there!

I won't have access to my gaming PC until months after that date, but I hope those who will be able to play right away enjoy the update.

Wait mods on console?! I know it won't be necessarily the same thing, but I wonder what this could mean for Cyberpunk? [...] Also, I wonder how will access this? Similar to Cyberpunk on ps5?

The long-awaited free next-gen update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming out on December 14th, 2022!

Enhanced with the power of next-gen consoles and modern PC hardware in mind, the upcoming update will feature dozens of visual, performance and technical enhancements, including ray tracing support, faster loading times on consoles, a variety of mods integrated into the experience, and much more! On top of that, we’re adding a set of DLCs inspired by Netflix’s The Witcher series, such as new weapons and armor for Geralt and alternative looks for select characters.

The next-gen update is free for everyone who already owns any version of the game. For those who don’t have the game yet, a dedicated next-gen version, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition, featuring all enhancements, free DLCs and story expansions: Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine, will be available for purchase digitally on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, with a physical release at a later date.

In addition to the next-gen release, the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will also receive an update featuring numerous additions and improvements, as well as the Netflix Witcher-themed DLCs. Further details, including the release date, will be announced soon.

If you want to learn more, make sure to tune in to REDstreams on our Twitch channel next week for an exclusive look at the next-gen gameplay reveal and details on the upcoming changes.

See you there!
Yes finally!

Will my existing Witcher 3 GOTY save game be compatible with the next gen update?! I'm on the PS5. I can't find an answer for this anywhere.

Also could my PS5 save file be uploaded to use on my PC if possible? I'm curious about that also.

How great :giggle:
So I already know what game I will play at the end of year !
(That I deliberately refrain from playing it for months^^)
Wait mods on console?!
"a variety of mods integrated into the experience"
So I assume, the "mods" in question will directly be integrated in the game (so whatever the support, it will be available)
Post automatically merged:

Please, say me that it will have a Photo Mode as Cyberpunk !
I can't imagine the gorgeous screenshots we'll be able to make with (knowing that the game was already visually stunning, so...)

Last edited:
I was starting to get worried because as I suspected the announcement would come a month before the release and we were getting really close to where that would mean 2023 ..... Now I just need to find something to record for my YouTube channel that will take a month and no longer than that .....

How great :giggle:
So I already know what game I will play at the end of year !
(That I deliberately refrain from playing it for months^^)

"a variety of mods integrated into the experience"
So I assume, the "mods" in question will directly be integrated in the game (so whatever the support, it will be available)

Please, say me that it will have a Photo Mode as Cyberpunk !
I can't imagine the gorgeous screenshots we'll be able to make with (knowing that the game was already visually stunning, so...)
I know what you mean, I've been patiently waiting for over a year to do a full recorded playthrough of Witcher 3. I did record some bits and pieces of the game that was highly modded but only 21 parts but I suspect a full recorded playthrough will be at least 100 parts approximately 30 minutes each. I close my business for the holidays for 3 weeks starting Dec. 16 so I'll have plenty of free time except on the 24th and 25th

Last edited:
If mods are going to be integrated the one I have always been most interested in was the "automatic oil application" one. I actually liked applying the oils and stuff on my first play through... but after that it definitely felt like a chore. Would be cool if it was an option to toggle on and off. :)

If mods are going to be integrated the one I have always been most interested in was the "automatic oil application" one. I actually liked applying the oils and stuff on my first play through... but after that it definitely felt like a chore. Would be cool if it was an option to toggle on and off. :)
Blade oils should be usable mid-combat just like the potions, I agree

Fast Travel from Anywhere is another mod they should include as it was one of the most popular mods and is part of every mod list for Witcher 3 I've seen. Top 10 mods

1. Witcher 3 Reworked project - we know most of that is already included and probably even more
2. All Quest Objectives On Map
3. Over 9000 - Weight limit mod
4. Fast Travel from Anywhere
5. Always Full EXP - so you don't get penalized for leveling up too fast or going back to grab gear upgrades
6. Super Turbo lighting Mod - Likely something much better already included and I believe it was superseded by a better light mod
7. Auto Apply Oils
8. Slots Slots SLOTS - Adds more slots but never tried it because it seemed like overkill
9. Friendly HUD
10. Debug Console Enabler v1.31 - I think this was also superseded by another mod, one of the bug patch collections I believe

I never played the original version because I was waiting almost a year for remaster so I play this!

Top Bottom