The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gets a FREE next-gen update on December 14th!

+
Patch Notes?

I could be wrong, but if I remember right, during the stream, they intentionally avoided to show us everything to keep some surprises for the release. So I guess the full patchnote will only be available at release.

CDPR are aiming to release the patch notes tomorrow but it's not 100% certain that it will be released by then, also the patch notes will not cover everything as in the RED stream they said that they want to keep some things secret and let us discover things for ourselves.

We are aiming to share The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt next-gen update patch notes early next week (hopefully Monday).

Last edited:
Hello Marcin,
could you add full PS5 Dualsense support for PC? Why partial support per se ;)? Please :)
My guess is that the vibration support is already in the Direct Input dualsense drivers, but that the haptic feedback isn't supported properly. I gather that the steam drivers don't support haptic at all and the ms direct input only supports it if the controller is connected via USB.

So probably easier for it to be unsupported on pc than have people wade through a confusing shit-show

The long-awaited free next-gen update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming out on December 14th, 2022!

Enhanced with the power of next-gen consoles and modern PC hardware in mind, the upcoming update will feature dozens of visual, performance and technical enhancements, including ray tracing support, faster loading times on consoles, a variety of mods integrated into the experience, and much more! On top of that, we’re adding a set of DLCs inspired by Netflix’s The Witcher series, such as new weapons and armor for Geralt and alternative looks for select characters.

The next-gen update is free for everyone who already owns any version of the game. For those who don’t have the game yet, a dedicated next-gen version, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition, featuring all enhancements, free DLCs and story expansions: Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine, will be available for purchase digitally on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, with a physical release at a later date.

In addition to the next-gen release, the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will also receive an update featuring numerous additions and improvements, as well as the Netflix Witcher-themed DLCs. Further details, including the release date, will be announced soon.

If you want to learn more, make sure to tune in to REDstreams on our Twitch channel next week for an exclusive look at the next-gen gameplay reveal and details on the upcoming changes.

See you there!

I have a question regarding the functionality of savegame files after the next-gen update. Will I be able to continue the game using my saves from GOTY edition with some mods (shown in the image below)? Or is there a possibility that those saves will not work with the next-gen updated version of the game?
Thank you :)
witcher3modsinstalled.jpg

I have a question regarding the functionality of savegame files after the next-gen update. Will I be able to continue the game using my saves from GOTY edition with some mods (shown in the image below)? Or is there a possibility that those saves will not work with the next-gen updated version of the game?
Thank you :)
View attachment 11333497
Can't really say, not very familiar with Witcher modding, but you should check here ;)

Can't really say, not very familiar with Witcher modding, but you should check here ;)
Thank you! :)

Hello, can we have the function of cross save game on PC to PS5? I played in 2015 all the game and dlc's in PC, and now I don't have PC only PS5 and i would like to play the new game+.

Anyone figured out how to 'upload' your old gen save to the cloud to load on current gen? Cant seem to figure it out

Console (PS4) to PS5

Sorry.
So you still have your PS4 ?
Or at least your PS4 saves ? (Cloud/USB/Drive)
If yes, you just need to transfer/import your saves on your PS5, they should be compatible with the next gen versions ;)
Maybe a little "trick" to do, knowing the PS5 version have a different SKU so it's considered as a different game. But I guess it will work exactly as Cyberpunk, so take a look here :

Edit : dedicated category on The Witcher Support page ;)
Post automatically merged:

Here we go !
"only" 42.3 GB on Xbox :giggle:

Last edited:
Yep I getting mighty confused as I was forced to purchase the standard edition on PS5 at the PS4 (discounted) price considering I own the GOTY edition on PS4 already have I made a booboo I suspect I have..............

on the PS5 the update is only 21 gb and on pc/xbox is 42 gb normal?
I guess, yes... normal ;)
On Xbox, updates are generally, whaetever the game, absurdly big...
When Cyberpunk received 500MB on Steam, it was 20GB on XBox :giggle:
Console (PS4) to PS5
Sorry.
Little update, to transfert a "old gen" save on the "next gen" version of the game, this is how to do it ;)
Yep I getting mighty confused as I was forced to purchase the standard edition on PS5 at the PS4 (discounted) price considering I own the GOTY edition on PS4 already have I made a booboo I suspect I have..............
You didn't get the "free" PS5 GOTY edition ?
(the game is installed on your PS5 ?)

Top Bottom