The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Gone Gold!

+
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Gone Gold!

“We worked so damn hard over the past three years to bring you this game,” said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED. “From the corrupt nobles in Novigrad to ancient monsters lurking in deep forests, to the bustling cities, colorful ports and breathtaking vistas; all the people, all the places -- we literally spent tens of thousands of hours to turn all that into an adventure that will kick your ass and make you want to come for more,” adds Badowski. “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has gone GOLD and will soon be yours!” he concludes.

Garnering over 200 prestigious awards before launch, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is CD PROJEKT RED’s most ambitious endeavour up to date. Set within a truly open world, the game puts you in the role of a wandering bounty hunter and monster slayer, Geralt of Rivia. In The Witcher, you take on the greatest contract of your life -- tracking down the Child of Prophecy, a living weapon that can alter the shape of the world.

The game is scheduled to launch May 19th, 2015, on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC, and PlayStation®4. Visit www.thewitcher.com and buy.thewitcher.com for more information about the game and pre-order availability worldwide.

Can't F*KING wait anymore!!! 1 month... Just one more month to go.. You can do it..

Thank you CDPR for this ( i have no doubt ) masterpiece.

Last edited:
Awww yiss! Well done guys, you finally got there! Can't wait for my PC collectors edition to come through in a month :D

Yeah!
Feels good to know I'll be spending the time I must - should - could spend on my thesis in an appropriate way :D

Not loooooooong,you want to have the game at home and play my fill.Congratulations CDP, I am very sure you have done a great job with this great game.

(I'm going to be lazy and repost this from the other Gold discussion thread).
Thank you all for the kind words. I wanted to say thanks for supporting the Witcher team as we worked to finish the game. I know in the face of 2 moved release dates there is always a bit of doubt, but now you can put your doubts aside. The game will be out May 19th, so get ready for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. :)

So what does Going Gold really mean? Well, the terminology comes from "back in the day". It used to be that when a game was finished the final versions were put on special gold-colored discs to be sent to the publisher and the term stuck. Nowadays, everything is done digitally, but "Gone Digital" just doesn't have the same cool ring. So, now what? Well, it doesn't mean that everything is finished for The Witcher. The team is working on the 16 free DLCs that will be given to all customers, they're working on the announced Expansion Pass and we're preparing for launch (everyone, fans and Devs want a smooth launch). I'm sure there is also a lot of happiness at the studio today (our release party will be at the end of May), but there is still lots to do. Still, Going Gold is a great achievement. We're really thrilled to be "done" so that now we can get to work. :)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has gone GOLD and will soon be yours!

I dunno... it just doesn't feel right... Gold... not actually a colour I equate with the Witcher curiously... feels like the standard adage deserved pimped up for this occasion, silver-white comes to mind... its gone Argent! maybe, since platinum's taken. I'm rambling 'cos I'm bored, so frigging bored... gimme the fecking game already !

But you REDs deserve applause - how much exactly remains to be seen - but certainly enough to raise the roof, here & now. Congrats guys !

(@The Marmot: so The Witcher 3's back again eh, good I prefer this personally, hehe)

Top Bottom