The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Gone Gold!

+
Here I wonder, I pre-purchased TW3 long time on steam and it supposed to have season-pack and all, is this is something I have to pay extra? if yes, then why did I pay my money for just to be tricked at this moment?

Here I wonder, I pre-purchased TW3 long time on steam and it supposed to have season-pack and all, is this is something I have to pay extra? if yes, then why did I pay my money for just to be tricked at this moment?

Sigh. There was never a season pass. And has been repeatedly stated all over the threads, you still get the 16 DLCs for free. The expansions are something new that aren't releasing for a while. You have not been 'tricked'.

I recommend this thread starting here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34568-Hearts-of-Stone-amp-Blood-and-Wine-two-massive-expansions-for-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt?p=1608948&viewfull=1#post1608948

Sigh. There was never a season pass. And has been repeatedly stated all over the threads, you still get the 16 DLCs for free. The expansions are something new that aren't releasing for a while. You have not been 'tricked'.

I recommend this thread starting here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34568-Hearts-of-Stone-amp-Blood-and-Wine-two-massive-expansions-for-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt?p=1608948&viewfull=1#post1608948

I am very sure it had season-pass and weapon/armor packs, that's why I pre-ordered it so early, it supposed to be rewarded for those who supported TW3 early, instead they punished us for supporting them, what they did they changed to free dlcs and removed everything else, I bet those dlcs will be some skin weapon and or armor which I would ignore buying if it was separate to purchase, we where tricked.

I am very sure it had season-pass and weapon/armor packs, that's why I pre-ordered it so early, it supposed to be rewarded for those who supported TW3 early, instead they punished us for supporting them, what they did they changed to free dlcs and removed everything else, I bet those dlcs will be some skin weapon and or armor which I would ignore buying if it was separate to purchase, we where tricked.

You're definitely mis-remembering. The game content is, and always has been, the same for all editions, regardless of who you bought it from and which version you're buying. The initial announcements were game-only (no DLC, no season pass). The 16 DLC's were announced last November and are free for everyone, not just pre-orders. The expansion pass was announced two weeks ago, and isn't free. Whatever game you're thinking of, it wasn't The Witcher 3.

Steamcommunity forums have posts on TW3 going right back to June 2014, when the pre-orders opened. I suggest you go look and them, you will see that nobody ever mentioned this "Season Pass". The only references I saw to extra content were from people complaining that GOG customers were getting more non-game exclusives than Steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/522730075950385877/#p11

Last edited:
You're definitely mis-remembering. The game content is, and always has been, the same for all editions, regardless of who you bought it from and which version you're buying. The initial announcements were game-only (no DLC, no season pass). The 16 DLC's were announced last November and are free for everyone, not just pre-orders. The expansion pass was announced two weeks ago, and isn't free. Whatever game you're thinking of, it wasn't The Witcher 3.

Steamcommunity forums have posts on TW3 going right back to June 2014, when the pre-orders opened. I suggest you go look and them, you will see that nobody ever mentioned this "Season Pass". The only references I saw to extra content were from people complaining that GOG customers were getting more non-game exclusives than Steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/522730075950385877/#p11

I get it, I should never pre-order again ever, thank you for such a good service.

Why are you upset? You get more than you originally tendered for (the free 16 DLC, delivered over the first 8 (or was it 7?) weeks...), and have an option to purchase two 'medium game sized' (i.e. larger than Order 1886) expansions at a later date, though no requirement to do so. Marcin even said something along the lines of: "If you aren't sure, wait until the release of the game, look at reviews, play it yourself, then decide".

I get it, I should never pre-order again ever, thank you for such a good service.

What service are you talking about?!? They were clear about their policies. Preorder doesn't mean that that you gonna get everything and anything... and be additionally rewarded in the future.

I preordered the game because I trust CD Red (BTW it's only developer out there that I currently preorder from) and because of my trust I want to show my support.

Preorder didn't give me any content that I wouldn't get otherwise... I got discount and I'm happy. They never said you must preorder to fully enjoy and and have 'full' experience.
And let's be grown-ups... you can't get everything for free. Anyway this is just my opinion.

Aaagggghhhhhh!!! I want to play it ALREADY!!!!

Sadly, will have to wait till July to save the USD 500 for the new PC rig... :)
That didnt stopped me to preorder everything, collector's box and expansions included. :p

Been playing the Witcher since the first game came out way back when. Excellent story, although at first I was skeptical. Gameplay was great. CDPR has set a new standard of the way a game SHOULD deliver. Let me give you an example. The much touted "Destiny" game from Bungie gutted its content just before launch, then to make matters worse, content that was already on the release CD was then offered as a DLC that you had to pay for. There is no story, you have to log onto the Bungie.Net website to get answers to questions THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME! And now, the we learn the next DLC is also already on the initial release CD and yet its another DLC that you have to pay for. I won't be playing Destiny any more until the apparent insatiable greed of Bungie is shoved back into the dark pit from whence it emerged. Kudos to CDPR for putting the gaming consumer FIRST! Giving them a truly rewarding game for the price. This is the way it should be done. AND to add sugar to the top, CDPR even gave the consumers who purchased the game FREE DLC content in the form of weapons, skins, appearance changes to Geralt, etc, REGARDLESS of the version of the game you own. CDPR says its a "thank you" for buying the game. I say, "You're welcome, and as long as you keep up the good work, I'll continue to be a consumer of your offerings." Thanks to CD Projekt Red. I hope you guys get Game of the Year! ~ Robert Hewett, USA

Some people are weird. Developers never said they will release the Season pass for free only the first 16 dlc like beard and and skins for wepons.
I love it that there is also new DLC which we can pay to get wich adds a lot more places to explore. I hope even after this DLC is finished that there will be more places that will be added.

Keep up the good work. And i cant wait to play only 23 days to go =)

2 weeks left! I hope we get to pre-load soon enough, need to finish doing that before the game releases with our third world internet speeds.

Top Bottom