The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Gone Gold!

+
Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Congratulation to everyone soul at CDPR for working so hard to bring us a game that for sure for me and millions of others be Game Of The Year.
I sure hope today is celebrated with lots of alcohol and festivities among colleges, friends and partners :cheers:

Does 'Gone Gold' mean the retail version discs are ready to be packaged and shipped?

No, gone gold means that the game has passed certification with all parties and the final build is being sent to manufacturers to create the copies and ship to retailers.

SO... is the foot easing off the peddle ? Has the eunuchs drumbeat lengthened? Did the overseer stow his whip ? Basically, jobs done innit? I mean theres gotta be time for a breather, some quality-of-life time due for all concerned after such a crunch. DLC's can wait.

Seriously hope you lot have kicked off the weekend already. ;)

Congratulations! Can't wait to play the game. I develop software that is a tiny fraction as complex as I imagine The Witcher 3 is. Can't even imagine how tired you folks are :)

Woo Hoo WTG CDPR!! Now to wait the next 32 days to download it!! LoL
Is there any way to make it come out 2 weeks sooner? :D Please lol
It is nuts but I can't get into any other game cause i know i wont finish by the time this comes out hehe.
Anyone else having that problem? lol

So that also means no more optimization? I really, really, really hope that I will be able to play it on my G3258 and gtx750ti, no matter the graphics. If not, I will cry and commit suicide afterwards.

But hey, congrats anyway

Congratulations to the whole team!

It was a real pleasure to pay for my Collector's Edition today :)

:hatsoff:

So what does Going Gold really mean? Well, the terminology comes from "back in the day". It used to be that when a game was finished the final versions were put on special gold-colored discs to be sent to the publisher and the term stuck. Nowadays, everything is done digitally... but there is still lots to do. Still, Going Gold is a great achievement. We're really thrilled to be "done" so that now we can get to work. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing you won't make available a Release Candidate version on gog.com to those who pre-ordered the game, right? Too bad. It would be a better gift the the 16 DLCs...

Thank you CDPROJEKT! Thank you very much for all your effort and quality! Your huge passion alone makes you a great developer. :respect:

Top Bottom