The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hands-on Video

+
i really hope CDPR give more explanation about specs and, join with your (all of you) kind advices, I'd be able to buy what I need and not what the sailer wants to sell me. I used to be well informed in a far past. Now, I feel like a weak blonde princess....

So, this is the same scene, isn't it?
From the VGX trailer and from the newest one

Attachments

• Witcher3VGX.jpg
    Witcher3VGX.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Witcher3now.jpg
    Witcher3now.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 58
Have the uncompressed version currently paused at the same frame and i can honestly say that it looks better than both of those. The upper one just seems a bit darker

Your review is honest and level-headed and it´s appreciated for that (by me at least). I will, however, disagree with you in something: I don´t think you can really make this assessment:

I honestly think it´s a great mistake to make this statement just by evaluating graphical features (I noticed that the only complains in your post are in the "Graphics and animations" section, so that has to be what compels you to write that sentence).

The main aspect of the game which I think could be genre-defining, if done right, is the successful merge of a story-driven narrative with a responsive open-world environment which also feels very much alive. THAT is what could make TW3 an instant classic and a game to which any later RPG will be compared, not if the textures in a brick wall are good.
Of course, this is extremely difficult and ambitious, so we´ll have to see if CDPR can actually pull it off. But, please, we should really think about our priorities regarding games...

I am more than happy to respond. Mate, I downloaded and look through the 'leaked' material. For obvious resons I cannot and will not discuss it here. But I know the end states of the world and the main quests. Hell, I even knew the Skellige map and its POI last year, months before this trailer was released. And when I write this game will not redefine the genre overall I mean just that.

Last edited:
I am more than happy to respond. Mate, I downloaded and look throughthe 'leaked' material. For obvious resons I cannot and will not discuss it here. But I know the how the end state of the world and the main quests. Hell, I even knew the Skellige map and its POI last year, months before this trailer was released. And when I write this game will not redefine the genre I mean just that.

First of all those documents were very out of date. Secondly, there was hardly anything in there that could give even the slightest proof that "this game will not redefine the genre" (besides, redefining could mean multiple things in this case).

First of all those documents were very out of date. Secondly, there was hardly anything in there that could give even the slightest proof that "this game will not redefine the genre" (besides, redefining could mean multiple things in this case).

I agree the material might beout of date now.
But with all due respect, let's not pretend the CDPRED are godlike geniouses prodigies. From the material its apparent they did not found a completely, utterly new mechanics of questing and storytelling. They will use a number of mechanics that we alredy know from thier and other games. These might and probably are going to be done better than in competition but will they be something new and out of this world? I sincerly doubt it, not out of spite but out of pragmatism or maybe thats just my scepticism.

Last edited:
But with all due respect, let's not pretend the CDPRED are godlike geniouses prodigies. From the material its apparent they did not found a completely, utterly new mechanics of questing and storytelling. They will use a number of mechanics that we alredy know from thier and other games. These might and probably are going to be done better than in competition but will they be something new and out of this world? I sincerly doubt. Maybe thats just my scepticism.

I never refuted your claims, everyone is entitled to their opinion on these boards. Just don't spread FUD when there's no need for it.

Hey since the game is delayed TWICE now, at least can we get that playable demo to play? The journos got it, why can't we? At least those of us who pre-ordered since a year?

Guess I'm not trying too hard :(
Game journos didn't play a demo, they played the full game at its current state.

I never refuted your claims, everyone is entitled to their opinion on these boards. Just don't spread FUD when there's no need for it.

This is my last reply and please do not take it as nitpicking. It was not my intention to spread FUD as you called it. I just said i doubt they are going to redefine the RPG genre, this was my line of critism.
Even you must agree that when a studio make such a bold claim ( it is a seriously brave to claim for a studio of 200 from little Poland, when one have molochs such as Activision and others financed by world's giants for competitiors, that thier game is going to do what only a handful of titles ever done in hostory) and after a twice delayed launch date, some small scepticism could be justified.
Edit;
Is it afterall, a FUD when you say that a game might not shake up the entire genre? I said it many times the game is going to succeed in my opinion.

Last edited:
But with all due respect, let's not pretend the CDPRED are godlike geniouses prodigies. From the material its apparent they did not found a completely, utterly new mechanics of questing and storytelling. They will use a number of mechanics that we alredy know from thier and other games. These might and probably are going to be done better than in competition but will they be something new and out of this world? I sincerly doubt it, not out of spite but out of pragmatism or maybe thats just my scepticism.

I never said that CDPR´s devs are godlike geniuses. In fact, I remain doubtful about some claims they´ve made.

But IMO to say "I´m skeptic, let´s see how it goes" is quite different than to say "From what we´ve seen it´s not gonna be a redefining game", because there´s simply not enough evidence for that.

Top Bottom