The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+
Will I be able to play non-next generation edition on Steam? I don't want any more of those Definitive Editions and whatnot that don't have significant difference but drops the FPS by 20-30, LOL, SMH. If it'll be another forced update then I'll ask for a refund and I'll have no business with CD PROJEKT RED from then on.
The upcoming Complete Edition is a reworking of the original with enhanced graphical effects & bug fixes. It will include advanced shading, ray tracing + other enhanced light effects, and many more improvements. If you have a crap system that can't properly handle it, don't get mad at the developers or the online-only platform you decided to use. Upgrade to a decent modern system or at least learn how to properly setup the one you have.

Is the update going to be free DLC or an update? I use a potato to play The Witcher 3 and I don't think the update will allow me to play anymore.

The most important thing for me personally would be bringing back the visual style from the 2014 demo/ Sword of Destiny trailer. The game looked significantly better than the release version back then and this would be the chance to bring back the visual beauty from early trailers. I understand that VGX is long gone since it was based on an even older rendering system. If Saber Interactive manages to bring back the E3 2014 visuals with additional features like RT and HDR this update will be a "home-run".

Allow me to congratulate for not abandoning The Witcher title, and giving new life with graphics improving is great.
Furthermore, Would be great if launch a new DLC content for this release, thus giving more appeal and reasons to get the game. I think it is a good idea before lauching a new The Witcher Title
And in the nearer future, A remake and relauch of the entire Witcher Trilogy with all graphics, and mecahnics improved. Would be a masterpiece of gaming industry.

@Alicja

Hi there, I have a very important question related to the complete edition and I really really hope it comes true <3

Is there any chance that the new DualSense controller and all it's haptic feedback goodies will come natively supported on the Complete edition of TW3 (on PC), if that happens, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME ^_^ :p

That's fantastic news, but the question remains - are the file changes so large that modifications like NoLevels will stop working?

DX12 RT ir DX11 (still) Raytracing?

DX Ray Tracing is supported on DX12 onwards :)
Sooo my bet will be that DX11 will remain as an option, however the new DX12 Ultimate API will come to TW3 to support these new goodies. DLSS 2.0+ should be in there as well for sure :)

I sincerely hope they give us more HUD and control scheme options for the consoles with this new update, as well. I've played the game on PC and I am now replaying it on the Xbox Series X. With the inability to mod the game on console, I would love to see some added options.

Firstly, I would really like to see them implement a "shift" button option in the control configuration. This would be for casting signs. I really struggle with having to constantly open a menu to change signs in the midst of battle, with the LB button. They could alleviate this by making the right trigger (currently the sign casting button) a shift button. When you hold the shift button, the A.B,X,Y and LB buttons become the 5 different sign casting buttons (A=Yrden, B= Igni, X=Aard.. Y=Axii. LB= Quen) This would allow for a far better combat experience. Releasing the the RT (shift button) returns the other buttons to their original state.

Secondly, I would love to see a "dynamic" option for the mini map; instead of just on or off. The dynamic option would allow the minimap to only appear on screen when you use your Witcher sense (LT). The minimap is very useful, though I don't like to see it on screen unless I currently need it.

Just my 2 cents

@Devs Walking/movement speed enhancement.

Please be so kind and consider enhancing the control of the walking/movement speeds. On consoles, many RPGs allow for variable, fluid walking speeds via analog axis control instead of only walk, run and sprint. On PC, the very same titles often come only with the latter three options for walking speed control. But, on PC the mousewheel is the perfect way of controlling your walking speed just like an analog axis on a joystick or gamepad. The old Splinter Cell games had this, Star Citizen has this as well.

Ideally, you would add a control slider in the settings where the user can set a min and max value so everyone can decide how very slow and very fast the movement speed should be at both ends of the spectrum. Scrolling the mousewheel up and down would fluidly increase and decrease Geralts/Roches movement speeds inside that min/max slider range.

You guys build beautiful open worlds that are a sight to behold and being able to walk at various speeds would really allow to take the world in without that immersion breaking running from point A to B, or being really really slow all the time.

Last edited:
I'm a bit late to the Witcher show, but better late than never. I finished the first two games and absoluteley love them. I mean in 2020 they're still very much ahead of anything i played in the genre. Kudos CD PR!

I just starter W3 Wild Hunt and after a couple of hours i noticed this very announcement.
My question is, whether the next gen version will be compatible with the save games of the current game (PC )?
Or should i wait for the release and play CP2077 till that time...

I'm a bit late to the Witcher show, but better late than never. I finished the first two games and absoluteley love them. I mean in 2020 they're still very much ahead of anything i played in the genre. Kudos CD PR!

I just starter W3 Wild Hunt and after a couple of hours i noticed this very announcement.
My question is, whether the next gen version will be compatible with the save games of the current game (PC )?
Or should i wait for the release and play CP2077 till that time...

The updated version will mostly be a visual update with some control adjustments. I'm certain that you will be able to import your Witcher 2 save into the updated W3 version. Even without importing, there is a part in W3 where you can mimic the choices you've made in W2 by answering a few questions. Welcome to W3...your'e in for an amazing ride.

The updated version will mostly be a visual update with some control adjustments. I'm certain that you will be able to import your Witcher 2 save into the updated W3 version. Even without importing, there is a part in W3 where you can mimic the choices you've made in W2 by answering a few questions. Welcome to W3...your'e in for an amazing ride.

I think he meant something else, he said would be possible to load the save after update or need start new game?

Top Bottom