The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+
Hi

2 questions, who have ps4 version the free update is via a patch or a free copy of the game? and the people with the normal version with expantion pass like me? Can cd projekt red clarify this.

Can you (CDPR) please restore or rework some cut content like Iorveth?
As much fun as that could be, I wager the REDs will most probably limit their update to technical bugs, optimisation, and graphics. I wouldn't set my hopes too high for new content -- though, privately, I'd gladly be proven wrong.

Can you (CDPR) please restore or rework some cut content like Iorveth?

While I know that was a bit of a pooper after his role in TW2, I think the general gist of it was that he didn't really factor into the arc of TW3 in any meaningful way. Any inclusion would have felt like it was "tacked on". I think that's why it was originally cut. No way to do it justice meaningfully.

Any inclusion would have felt like it was "tacked on". I think that's why it was originally cut. No way to do it justice meaningfully.
Ay, that's my understanding as well. To reinstate him would probably require reworking the story. Rather unlikely, I fear.

no thanks, Ghost Of Tsushima, Days Gone, Red Dead Redemption 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Batman Arkham Knight and others on my base PS4 look better than Witcher 3 on PC Max settings, no reason it shouldn't be max settings on PS4 already
What does that have to do with the witcher 3 looking worse? All of those games are released by companies worth billions of dollars, with 10/100 times more people working on those,that cost now more and also are released later. Of course a game released in 2018 by Rockstar Games is going to look better than a game released in 2015 by a smaller studio, with only 1 hq

[Edited for tone - SigilFey]

I wish they did so I wouldn't be bothered with finding out an answer for if I can play the old version after the next generation update, LOL. Well, I'll stop playing the game until I have an official answer on this which is sucks. If I won't learn the truth about this today then I'll ask for a refund and I'll have no business with CD PROJECT RED from then on. I won't support any company that is against my business sense.
Dude , you already bought the 2015 version of the game if your game runs on your pc at 30 fps is your fault not cdpr, you will get a free update for the next gen GPU and you still complain... they already said is free and the performance in the og tw3 is already great with my 1060... you are beeing a little bit rude
Post automatically merged:

[Edited for tone - SigilFey]

I wish they did so I wouldn't be bothered with finding out an answer for if I can play the old version after the next generation update, LOL. Well, I'll stop playing the game until I have an official answer on this which is sucks. If I won't learn the truth about this today then I'll ask for a refund and I'll have no business with CD PROJECT RED from then on. I won't support any company that is against my business sense.
And man, calm down, this was just announced today, the studio is working hard to make this, just be pacient

Last edited:
AWESOME! Thank you so much CDPR! I was really hoping we would see an enhanced edition!

Would this happen to include improved LOD distances or a slider to increase them? Even on max settings on PC there is a lot of low detail buildings, textures and other assets only a short distance away, which really hurts the visual experience.

Will I be able to play non-next generation edition on Steam? I don't want any more of those Definitive Editions and whatnot that don't have significant difference but drops the FPS by 20-30, LOL, SMH. If it'll be another forced update then I'll ask for a refund and I'll have no business with CD PROJEKT RED from then on.
I think you'd want to have it installed on an SSD if you don't want to see performance drop. They probably reduced duplicate assets on the remaster, reducing game files and loading times.
Post automatically merged:

i hope for the PS5 version that you will start the update from the PC max settings as a base instead of the PS4 Low settings version, i'm not interested in a low texture, low draw distance ray traced ps5 version, i want better graphics overall
Looking at the PS5 and Xbox specs, I don't think you have to be too worried.

Will I be able to play non-next generation edition on Steam? I don't want any more of those Definitive Editions and whatnot that don't have significant difference but drops the FPS by 20-30, LOL, SMH. If it'll be another forced update then I'll ask for a refund and I'll have no business with CD PROJEKT RED from then on.
Theres this option on Steam to delete certain DLC's you don't want. I'm also assuming the update is optional and you can install and uninstall at anytime.

I wouldn't mind the 20-30 frame drop since my hardware is able to run the game on the highest settings

This is really awesome! I'm hoping we can finally get HDR added to the pc version to go along with all these other amazing additions!

Thank You CDPR!
Yall really do kick ass ya know?

This news made my day... no, my week.. nah, my month! :cool: Add DLSS 2.0 to the mix and I’ll be an even happier boy :giggle: Some small gameplay improvements would be very welcome as well.

It's an absolutely fantastic news, that's how you support games after release!

I hope CDPR will also use this opportunity to fix some bugs. There are not that many of them (at least that I'm still noticing), but I think that everyone would appreciate improving horse riding, stopping Geralt from rolling down some stairs, the issue with level scaling of some monsters (rats...) and a few other tweaks.

I think that expecting CDPR to release new content would be unreasonable, but I'm really hoping for one more solid polish pass.

It sounds more like you'll have two seperate games in the launcher - one for the original, and one for the reworked edition - so you should be golden.

The thing is, Witcher 3 already looks like a next gen title. In fact, Witcher 2 still looks gorgeous till this moment. But my speculation that this is the point anyway. To sort of getting experience of dealing with new hardware with an already next gen looking game. So I am not really putting much weight on this one in terms of visual enhancement etc... But ultimately, though it's not always the case, "I know it when I see it".

What will really make a huge difference is a remaster of W1. But I guess that it will take a huge effort and resources to make such thing. Something like the remaster of Mafia or Gears of War. These two titles, especially Mafia, can be distinguished from each other in a blink of an eye when compared side by side. I simply didn't have to thoroughly look at the two sides or at the title at each side to know which is old and which is new. But to reach this level of remastering while being busy with Cyberpunk is too demanding. Anyway I look forward to next Witcher content.

I think you'd want to have it installed on an SSD if you don't want to see performance drop. They probably reduced duplicate assets on the remaster, reducing game files and loading times.

SSDs will not affect performance, as in FPS; they will only affect the time it takes to load from the menu into the game or from, say, Velen into Skellige. Any time you encounter a loading screen, the time will be cut down exponentially.

Just like any gaming technology, a console's graphical performance is based on its GPU and CPU.

Top Bottom