The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+
I see many posts here made by new customers who hasn't had the CDProject magic experience yet when it comes to free upgrades.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt on GOG: Back in the day when the Game of the year edition launched all GOG customers with the game got a free addition to their accounts.
BUT I'm not sure if you get the GOTY Edition only if you had the expansions purchased before.

But anyway. It seems that this will be the same this time. A separate entry into the account when this new one drops. I can't speak for Steam games. I didn't have the game on Steam.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think this upgrade's gonna be for me when I can't even run the current version anywhere near max settings. :ROFLMAO:
All RTX games I've played so far has it as an option. Not as a requirement to play.
No harm no foul.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this ! I would even dare say that to be a truly upgraded thing, to look really like next gen it is the perfect opportunity to bring back some visual stuff that had to be removed due to time constraint and optimisation process. It's the perfect time. Here are my graphicals and technical wishes for this upgrade:

- First camera distance options like in FFVII Remake. This feature is really cool and outside of fight this would be nice to let the player choose how close he wants the camera.

- improved blood splatter or dismemberment if possible. I think that can fall under the technical improvements

- Fixed physics for npcs clother at 60 fps

- Improvements on special effect like teleporting effect. Why not bringing back effect that were clearly to heavy for the current gen like this one?
2020-09-04_22h39_03.png

- More particules behaviors like Igni's reacting to the wind. Again with such an upgrade that could be the good moment to bring this back :
2020-09-04_22h46_59.png

- As expanded and improved gameworks: Hairworks for Yennefer, Triss, Vesemir, etc. And almost as importantly improved Hairworks on cloaks and fur. Indeed I think it's time the famous Djange Frett himself get his real cloak back :)
2020-09-04_22h53_07.png

- Improved water

-Enhanced explosion fire and smoke effect since the actual one will not hold with the new generation coming

- Make Skellige feel even colder ! Those clouds must have been too heavy for the current gen but now it should be possible ! Bring them back for an even colder feel in Skellige!
2020-09-04_23h01_30.png

- Call this upgrade The Witcher Wild Hunt enhanced Edition so we can have an enhanced edition trilogy :D Damn if half of these wishes are in the game I will so glad. Thank you for your hard work. And thank you for not acting like Control devs although the work you face could completly justify you charging for it. You are marvelous.

It sounds more like you'll have two seperate games in the launcher - one for the original, and one for the reworked edition - so you should be golden.
Exactly like with Vanilla and Goty. I bought vanilla and then both expansion and one day poof! I got the goty in my steam library. And I still can install both. No reason this improvement should be different.

Perhaps it's time for steam workshop support please? As an extra option for mod the witcher 3 through steam.

What good is it if it's probably going to be the same stuttery mess? (I've tried the game on several systems, and no, my specs are not the issue)

Playing for a couple of hours helps a bit but it still stutters quite frequently even when you're at 50% playthrough. I've tried every possible fix there is, I've probably spent 15 hours in trial and error in total. The only thing that fixes it is "playing the game so the shader cache can build up". So I have to 90% the game in order to play the last 10% game properly?

That is really cool. But can i play NG+ If i finished the game on ps4?
You beat the Prologue. NG+ is my favorite way to play. And I would assume your save will carry over if you use the same profile to play it.
Post automatically merged:

We’re working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
You guys are the best. I have the game on the One X right now and was really hoping for at least some improvements for the next-Gen systems. I had a feeling you would do it. Very appreciated!!

Hi,

Thank you for your continues support of TW3, please, seriously please fix this annoying and hugely immersion breaking problem that exist for long time, when Npc's pathfinding is messed up, they start to walk in circles, especially in Novigrad, example:
, please address this technical bug, and draw distances (LOD) is another issue, especially on buildings that are not far from you look very bad, (LOD) need to be hugely improved, otherwise very excited and can't wait!.

Last edited:
If i have Witcher 3 GOTY edition for PS4 on disk i receive free update when insert disk in PS5?

The disk is only used for DRM. The game is installed on the hard drive on both PS and XB. On Xbox at least when you insert the Xbox One game disk it will check if a newer version is available and download the correct version automatically. I assume the PS5 will do the same thing.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the good times and all the amazing work done. I bought the GOTY on my last holidays and I ended playing over 180 hours of the most amazing game I've ever seen. Thank you. I already bought Cyberpunk because even if I don't have the time to play it soon, I know it will be awesome too.

Oh, and one more thing: Summon the bitches!

This is probably hoping for too much, but is there any chance the upgrade will be cross platform? Like PS4 to PC? I intend to upgrade my PC long before I get a PS5 and it would be great if I could choose to play it there instead.

Hello,

maybe restore some pre-downgrade quality, things mentioned in this video?

You could improve lighting, particles (including clouds and fog), draw distrance, LODs, textures, foliage and enable more shadows. Some of that was already done by mods but I'm sure you can do it better.

what about people who own the physical disc but buy the PS5 digital edition and Xbox Series S which don't have any disc drives?
how can they get the free upgrade?

a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
This is the precise reason why I love CDPR. Great games, sure, not perfect, obvs, but this attention to customers is something else. The only gaming company that makes you feel respected and not like a cow to milk.

I might be asking for tooo much, but is there any chance that Witcher 1&2 also get included into Witcher 3?

I agree that this might be a lot of work. But it would be nice if we get to see W1&2 worlds as beautiful as W3. We wouldn't even need to import the game saves as all trio are together using same save!
I really liked the idea of importing saves into next game!

Is this new enhanced version going to replace the regular one or coexist with it?
Do you guys think it would be worth to buy the GOTY edition and then upgrade to the ehanced version or go for the newer directly?

Is this new enhanced version going to replace the regular one or coexist with it?
Do you guys think it would be worth to buy the GOTY edition and then upgrade to the ehanced version or go for the newer directly?

I don't know but vanilla and goty coexist in my gog library so I expect the game to act as a new release in the library

This is probably hoping for too much, but is there any chance the upgrade will be cross platform? Like PS4 to PC? I intend to upgrade my PC long before I get a PS5 and it would be great if I could choose to play it there instead.
Didn't CDPR give away GOG copies to owners on other platforms? By that regard you should have a PC copy on GOG which you should get a free upgrade to.

Didn't CDPR give away GOG copies to owners on other platforms? By that regard you should have a PC copy on GOG which you should get a free upgrade to.

If I remember it correctly, the option to claim the gog version of the game for console owners was only possible for a very limited time.

Top Bottom