The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+
My wish is to see E3 hud and ui 2014 come back again, it was iconic, I know it is difficult, and I expect some people will make fun of me because I asked for something like this, But honestly, I got frustrated when it was changed due to the current generation not being able to operate it, I am sure that The game will be much better than what we saw previously
We love you CDPR and thank you :love::cry:
the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-gui-1407869455_et6v.jpg

The upgrade is going to be free, just a patch. It will cover all content you own or it will come as a DLC. I don't think you need to own all DLCs to get the upgrade. If you get the DLCs in the future, they get RTX treatment too, no price on top :)
My only issue with this is that it's going to be released in 2021 perhaps and it would have been AWESOME to play Witcher 3 fully RTXed and beefed up when... RTX 3080 comes out in two weeks <3 :D
(If it happens so soon, that would be GREAT!)

Great news, will definitely be playing through again on PS5 or XSX (not decided yet).

One thing I would like to see is an option on the console versions for the friendly HUD option/dynamic HUD option, where you can press a button and bring up the HUD for a limited time.

So, if I have the game on Steam, but I bought the 2 expansions later, would I be able to get the full enhanced version or just the base game like with the steam - gog giveaway?
It's a free update for base game + expansions so, yes, you'll get it for everything.

Guest 3880659

Please bring back the camera shake in combat like you had in the early demo's

SSDs will not affect performance, as in FPS; they will only affect the time it takes to load from the menu into the game or from, say, Velen into Skellige. Any time you encounter a loading screen, the time will be cut down exponentially.

Just like any gaming technology, a console's graphical performance is based on its GPU and CPU.
Yes, of course, I was assuming that CD Projekt achieved those improved loading times not only by utilizing the ssd, but also by removing duplicate assets. If they remove duplicate assets, then performance can drop on a HDD install of the Witcher if I understand it correctly. Perhaps not in the average framerate, but in the 1% lows when seek times are higher on an HDD. It's possible that I'm wrong on multiple points here of course.

I sincerely hope that this new version of the game re-implements the original armour textures for Witcher gear that the game once had.

For those who don't know or don't remember, Witcher armour textures used to have a number of sweet little visual touches implying their age and wear and tear from Geralt's adventures, such as flaking paint or scratches. When Blood and Wine was released, these textures were all replaced (even for non-DLC owners) with simpler textures that had all those little touches removed. Presumably this was done to help facilitate the colour-dyeing in Blood and Wine.

The only way to revert these textures on PC is to mod them, while on console it's not possible to see them at all. It would be great to see them back.

---

I also echo some of the earlier comments that hope a new, well-thought-out and polished UI is coming too. This links from another Blood & Wine era overhaul which was less than successful, in that it wasted some of the map screen real estate, introduced some cumbersome button flow, and reorganised the inv into an ugly weird series of columns. Some columns of items would scroll down off the screen for days, beside other columns which will never carry more than a handful of items; for instance, you get one 3-width column each for your 6 bombs and your handful of Roach items, the same width you get for your 50-ish potions, so obviously that column stretches way off the bottom. Same goes for your countless alchemy items which get 4-wide column. It would be nice to see a layout with a bit more thought put in.

That's great news indeed. Ty CDPR for staying true to your company values.

@Alicja
Is this going to be an engine upgrade? or are the game content subject to change/improvement as well?

When this was announced I expected everybody here to ask for the e3 or vgx build with this update.

Please bring back the camera shake in combat like you had in the early demo's
Yes, of course, I was assuming that CD Projekt achieved those improved loading times not only by utilizing the ssd, but also by removing duplicate assets. If they remove duplicate assets, then performance can drop on a HDD install of the Witcher if I understand it correctly. Perhaps not in the average framerate, but in the 1% lows when seek times are higher on an HDD. It's possible that I'm wrong on multiple points here of course.

Engine optimizations like that can improve loading as well as performance. Much of TW3 does stream in real-time. I suppose improvements to how the game caches data could result in fewer moments of chop and stutter. An SSD vs. HDD won't really see much difference in this regard though, since it's primarily what's being swapped in and out of RAM that creates the feeling of "choppy" loading. More of an engine consideration than a hardware one.

But, hopefully, we will see some sort of optimization in this regard. I'm sure the team learned some new tricks with CP2077. Maybe such things can be worked into TW3 as well. We'll have to wait for more info on that! :)

I've read that the dev team behind all this is actually saber interactive and not cdpr themselves. For the people who don't know,saber is the team that has developed switch version of tw3. I kind of don't know how to react to this.

Adam Kicinski said "they know our technology real well"
So the real question is this.

Will CDPR give them(Saber Interactive) all the high and assets and technology they scrapped before vanilla?
Assets like HD textures, meshes and VFX? And technology like the NVIDIA and other effects like waveworks, volume based translucency and forward lit soft particles?..

Man I'm getting anxious again.

I highly doubt it man. I am not going to lie, it was a little of a disappointment to discover that Saber is the team behind it. I have searched them in google and saw they are a talented team but I don't really think CDPR offered them all the techs and assets they skipped before vanilla.

i hope this will not update over the vanila version but rather be a seperate file... the vanilla has been mostly ironed out of bugs, and an new version just scream "report you bugs thread"

the only bug i almost consistenly get is in kaer morhan-minor spoilers!

when yennefer is setting up the megascope, there are two yennefer... happend since the goty update.

also wish they would balance some stats in new game plus, like monsters can barly damage me on death march, but a bandit with a rusty sword- one hit kill. with grandmaster ursine plus it's almost full bar so 2 hit kills.
it's how the game calculate diffrent damage settings...

other than that i additional visual fidelity is always nice, but if they somehow restore the iorveth story line/emhyr atrocitys... that would be nice... but the chances of those now are quite slim.

Top Bottom