The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+
Are y'all hyping this up too much? I'm excited and grateful for this, but from everything I've read, this sounds like a next-gen update bringing 60fps and 4k (like the God of War update that came today) to next-gen consoles. Nothing I've read gives me the impression that it'll be more, but I've read comments talking about the Witcher 3 "remaster" that's coming out this year and the possibility of content updates. I don't think that's what this is.

No content update. It is as you said + HDR on PC and Ray tracing. There will be also addtionnal technical improvement that are not yet determined.

We’re working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

That is great. Also a great time to do an EE of Witcher 3, or even better, a remastered triology.

Soo new version will be on API Direct 12/ Vulkan?
Also i wonder that new version will receive cutted graphics from earlier builds like volumetric lighting,clouds, reflections or particles effects.

Soo new version will be on API Direct 12/ Vulkan?
Also i wonder that new version will receive cutted graphics from earlier builds like volumetric lighting,clouds, reflections or particles effects.

I don't know second answer of question but about second one I heard it will support DX12 because it will add Ray Tracing and like you understand for Ray Tracing it should support DX12 as far as I know.

Should PC players expect anything different beyond Raytracing since we already have access to "next gen" textures and such.

Maybe weave in some of the stuff on the cutting room floor that was deemed to graphically intense on first release? (Chimney smoke comes to mind)?

This is why I love you guys. I honestly cannot wait to finish off Blood & Wine on PS5, and heck, replay the rest of the game all over.

Will it be possible to transfer your save from the current verision of the game and onto the "Next Gen" version?

If The Witcher 3 Next Generation will still looks worse than RDR 2 it wouldn't called next-generation. I just remind that RDR 2 was realesed on old generation like original The witcher 3 and it looks 4 times better in every aspects.

Few months? By Cyberpunk bugs i think it will take like to next year.
CDPR is not directly involved on upgrading the game but has assigned this task to Saber Interactive. The company that ported The Witcher 3 to Switch and which is known for Remastering Crysis and Halo.

Top Bottom