The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+

We’re working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
It would be possible to add more languages to the game? In Brazil for example there's the Portuguese version, but in Portugal the game hasn't a Portuguese option, which is kinda sad for me and many other players in the world

Can we PLEASE get a Dynamic HUD on the Xbox, and the ability of toggling on/off individual aspects? Got an OLED, which means if I play too much, I might get burn in. Apart from that, there is just too much in the screen. Turning it all off is obviously not an option. PC has the option to toggle stuff off on the fly, and mods to do more. Why can't we have some stuff on the Xbox? Plenty of button combos left.

What I would like to see is:

1: Physics even more. I was surprised how witcher 3 have physics and dismember physics while AC games didnt had that in that period for example but, Fix alternative AARD sign without mod and also add water physics like it was seen in E3 demo, when water is moving so fast in all directions when you step on her.

2: Same vannila GOD Rays but more detailed and little bit more agressive but soft. (what i mean by this is adding dust particles climbing and moving around when looking at GOD rays beams. Similar to Tossaint pollen that its in the air but DUST in GOD Rays beams). Like in Real Life when you look at GOD ray coming out from your window and you can see many little dust substances in it.

3: Ray tracing AMD, Nvidia + DLSS

4: better water overall

5: -/- IDK , some stuff people already mentioned above.

i DONT care if it would hit performance, just I want the best look out of it. Its best game of all time. There wont be next gen after this next gen, so it's now or never.

its now or never man fuck*** hell!
Post automatically merged:

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
What I would like to see is:

1: Physics even more. I was surprised how witcher 3 have physics and dismember physics while AC games didnt had that in that period for example but, Fix alternative AARD sign without mod and also add water physics like it was seen in E3 demo, when water is moving so fast in all directions when you step on her.

2: Same vannila GOD Rays but more detailed and little bit more agressive but soft. (what i mean by this is adding dust particles climbing and moving around when looking at GOD rays beams. Similar to Tossaint pollen that its in the air but DUST in GOD Rays beams). Like in Real Life when you look at GOD ray coming out from your window and you can see many little dust substances in it.

3: Ray tracing AMD, Nvidia + DLSS

4: better water overall

5: -/- IDK , some stuff people already mentioned above.

i DONT care if it would hit performance, just I want the best look out of it. Its best game of all time. There wont be next gen after this next gen, so it's now or never.

its now or never man fuck*** hell!

Totally agree. Raytracing + DLSS, better water, more detaled god rays+particles would be great, but also much better LODs and drawing distances for objects, detailed shadows, NPCs, high-res textures etc. There are mods that fix some of these issues, but an official remake of LODs would be much better obviously, especially for structures and buildings. Also, please improve the lighting in Toussaint. The dull yellow lighting looks awful, and there is no "perfect" lighting mod out there - they all have annoying quirks.

The enhanced version has been in production for quite some time now, so we should get more than just slightly better lighting. Hopefully we'll get something really good. :)

Last edited:

All I wanted was HDR. I bought TW3 on release when I still had my old gaming pc. That PC died and I replaced with a console. A few years later I bought Wild Hunt again for my console, giving you guys yet more of my money. Found out that you had given the game HDR, though the game didn't run as good as it did on my PC, so I did not play it through. HDR colors were great though so I decided to get myself a nice, 4k capable gaming pc.

I hooked it up to a Samsung 55" 4k curved tv. Imagine my surprise when my Steam copy of the Witcher III didn't have HDR. Between that and your Cyberpunk debacle I don't think you guys will be getting anymore of my money. This is coming from somebody that has bought and played all of the Witcher games(except 3) to completion(2 and 3 on multiple platforms) and used to recommend them to everyone I knew. I was also planning on buying Cyberpunk once you guys fixed the issues.

I'm not sure why I bothered to tell you guys that you lost a customer today, I'm positive that you couldn't care less. I'm not an "influencer" or journalist. I'm just a grumpy, disillusioned old gamer with an axe to grind and entirely too much time on my hands.

I don't really care about the next gen update, mainly because I doubt my pc will handle it anywhere near 4k with ray tracing and whatever new enhancements you guys offer(2060 gtx). Optimization has never been your forte anyway. On the off chance it runs great, I might play it. Otherwise, adios.

Can wait for some sweet graphic overhauls like raytracing and greater render distance and such things

Besides upgraded graphics I'd like to see a better controller setup ..... The original has something I don't like and that is the need to take your thumb off the right camera joystick to use a weapon which really limits your ability ... A more "Souls" type controller setup would make the combat even more engaging .... Also better analog run and horse control as right now it's basically a 3 speed digital control and you have to hold a button to run or ride fast which again mean you can't use your right/camera joystick plus you have to sheath your weapon to run or you just end up doing a series of forward rolls ... The combat is fun but limited for those using a controller instead of a K&M

Just increase the number of available mods and it will be good, really
That has already been fixed with the unofficial mod limit patch, but that limitation should definitely be fixed in the official enhanced release.

Also, as someone else mentioned, Witcher 3 enhanced edition strongly needs HDR. The graphics and overall visual style is so beautiful, but the SDR format can only get you so far. A good HDR implementation would be fanastic, and give the game's visuals a lot more depth (combined with ray tracing, higher quality particles, and better LOD levels).

Well the second half of the year is only 18 days away ....... I'm betting it's closer to the 4th quarter of this year since there hasn't been a shred of news in months

Well the second half of the year is only 18 days away ....... I'm betting it's closer to the 4th quarter of this year since there hasn't been a shred of news in months
... The second half of the year is not July 1, 2021. it's July 1, 2021 until December 31, 2021.

Hi!

Has anyone asked if CDP is going to show next gen version of W3 on upcoming WITCHERCON? I was quite disappointed, that we did not get any trailer during the e3 event :(

Hi. New user here. Was wondering if I get the next gen upgrade for The Witcher 3 GOTY if I buy it now on gog or will i need to pay for the Complete Edition when it comes out?

Was wondering if I get the next gen upgrade for The Witcher 3 GOTY if I buy it now on gog or will i need to pay for the Complete Edition when it comes out?
As explained above:
So, you can either buy the Complete Edition now, and you will receive access to the update when it releases, or wait until the Next Generation Edition releases, and buy it then. In either case, you will need to wait until the update is available.

Just pls tell me it is optional. OR please MAKE it optional! I love The Witcher series but I do not have that much money for updating my PC. Give the people the option to decline the update, make it a DLC or release it as a standalone version - just like Metro Exodus EE. You will please so many people. There is nothing worse than forced updates and I will be honestly really angry and sad if it won't be possible to keep the current 1.32 version because it would mean stopping playing alltogether because my PC would not likely handle the next gen graphics, maybe even with ray-tracing off.

Top Bottom