The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+
I'd be willing to buy the Next Gen version if it meant I could keep the old version intact .... That's how Ubisoft did it for Assassin's Creed 3, I have both the original and the remastered version in my library

I think it would be a bit shortsighted and not very Consumer Friendly to completely wipe out thousands of hours of work by Mod authors and 4303 Witcher 3 Mods on Nexus alone

I'd be willing to buy the Next Gen version if it meant I could keep the old version intact ....
Since it will also be available as a standalone purchase on PC, I assume this means that players can leave the original version intact, if the wish to buy the Next Generation Edition, and thus have both versions of the game separately.

I guess Witcher Con would be a good time to show something about the upgrade^^
The really smart way to market it would be to announce a release date at WitcherCon along with the announcement of when season two is going to release and then time the release so it coincides with the release of The Witcher season two .... That would be the common sense way of co-marketing something like this

Thanks!

That's disappointing news, although I guess I can stop looking forward to WitcherCon now.

Thanks again, man - much appreciated.

Cdpred confirmed maybe 6 days ago that witcher 3 next gen won't be shown on witchercon
Thanks for the update. Disappointed but I now wonder when they reveal more... I don't see any event before the end of the year that will have the same amount of visibility now that E3 has passed. Game awards maybe? But it's late and the upgrade should be out. I don't want to sound to pessimist but I would not be surprised if it's delayed to 2022.

CAN SOMEONE PLS EXPLAIN IF I CAN PLAY THE GAME ON MY CRAPPY LAPTOP OR NOT??? I DON'T WANT THIS UPDATE TO STOP ME FROM PLAYING...I DONT HAVE A STRONG SYSTEM FOR NEXT GEN...

CAN SOMEONE PLS EXPLAIN IF I CAN PLAY THE GAME ON MY CRAPPY LAPTOP OR NOT??? I DON'T WANT THIS UPDATE TO STOP ME FROM PLAYING...I DONT HAVE A STRONG SYSTEM FOR NEXT GEN...
The update won’t change the game’s minimum requirements for PC

Since it is the complete edition, what will happen with the free update with people who just have the base game, on ps4, xbox and pc?
Will it just be their base game that will be upgraded?
And also will all previous versions of the game remain available? (base game and goty)
My question exactly. My laptop can't handle next gen. This will My game a dead game
Post automatically merged:

I run the game I'm high quality but that's about it. Does this mandatory update force me to play the game on next gen? This will make my laptop melt and put a dead game in my library tbh. I was so hyped but now I'm scared

My question exactly. My laptop can't handle next gen. This will My game a dead game

I run the game I'm high quality but that's about it. Does this mandatory update force me to play the game on next gen? This will make my laptop melt and put a dead game in my library tbh. I was so hyped but now I'm scared

From what I understand, the update will be optional. It will not apply to last-gen consoles; next-gen consoles and PCs will have the option of installing it or not.

But, no -- if your hardware is not capable of running the increased graphical fidelity, it will probably run very poorly or not at all. No, your older GPU will not magically develop the ability to process ray-tracing.

But yes -- you will still be able to play the same Witcher 3 that you always have.

I dont understand one thing..i have a ps4 pro will the game be visual upgraded or only the ps5 version will get the visual updates. Will the game on ps4 be the same or look better???

I dont understand one thing..i have a ps4 pro will the game be visual upgraded or only the ps5 version will get the visual updates. Will the game on ps4 be the same or look better???
As far as I know, the update is intended for PS5 and XBX, but I don't think there are any official or final specs listed. It's always possible that it could include a few improvements here and there overall.

Obviously, things like ray tracing, 4K resolutions, HDR, DLSS, etc. won't be available unless the player had hardware capable of running it. That goes for PC as well as consoles. It's these elements I'm referring to.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the update may be available on all platforms, perhaps, but only players on PS5 and XBX will be able to use everything. Or, maybe, it won't be available on PS5 or XB1 at all; we'll have to wait and see.

The same would be true of PC hardware. If I have minimum specs, I may not be able to use any of the upgrade features, or I will see a massive performance hit if I do. If I have mid-range specs, I may be able to use some, but not all, and performance mileage will vary. (Like me -- I've got the game running at a solid 60 FPS on my i7-4790K and GTX 980 ti at 1440p...but the 980 ti doesn't do ray-tracing or DLSS. So, I won't be able to use those options, ever, even if I can use other improvements.) Newer and more powerful CPUs and GPUs will be able to use all of the upgrade features, and should still maintain good performance.

From what I understand, the update will be optional. It will not apply to last-gen consoles; next-gen consoles and PCs will have the option of installing it or not.

But, no -- if your hardware is not capable of running the increased graphical fidelity, it will probably run very poorly or not at all. No, your older GPU will not magically develop the ability to process ray-tracing.

But yes -- you will still be able to play the same Witcher 3 that you always have.
Thank u and yes I only want the dlcs and from what other people mentioned, the update is going to be mandatory which will kill the old systems. I don't care about playing the game on ultra. Rn in high quality is more than enough. I never thought witcher 3 even needed a next gen. I was rooting for witcher 1 make over

Will I be able to play non-next generation edition on Steam? I don't want any more of those Definitive Editions and whatnot that don't have significant difference but drops the FPS by 20-30, LOL, SMH. If it'll be another forced update then I'll ask for a refund and I'll have no business with CD PROJEKT RED from then on.
why did no one answer u? I want to know too

You are very annoying, just so you know. Graphical settings exist on PC, you know? The Witcher 3 is a DRM-free game, if you are afraid you will lose access to the current version - make yourself a backup right now, instead of crying here for no reason.
He is not annoying. Sorry if we are not rich and cant buy a $4k pc. we are worried that this update may or may no make witcher 3 unplayable. No one asked for this update and now here I'm here waiting if my fav game of all time is going to be unplayable. Don't talk about graphic setting since we saw what happened with cyberpunk 2077 in ps4.

You are very annoying, just so you know. Graphical settings exist on PC, you know? The Witcher 3 is a DRM-free game, if you are afraid you will lose access to the current version - make yourself a backup right now, instead of crying here for no reason.
When are we getting an answer or not. My laptop is Hp pavilion gaming. I want to know if this update is going to ruin my game and my experience...

Last edited:
[...]
The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

So yes, everyone's gonna get the update!
Don't want your FPS to drop? Don't enable the extra visuals in the game's settings. This is how things work since ever! No need to be negative all the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom