The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+

Guest 4571258

For the love of god, please allow owners of the current versions to stay on them or switch back to them. The current versions are working just fine. Please don't force CDPRs definition of "next gen" into a working system. Thanks!

For the love of god, please allow owners of the current versions to stay on them or switch back to them. The current versions are working just fine. Please don't force CDPRs definition of "next gen" into a working system. Thanks!
You dont have to install the update, have you?

Better visuals for the W3 are badly needed, and if your system cannot handle the new improvements then just dont use the new features/lower the settings or upgrade your PC.

I really hope CDPR will give it some high end ray Tracing effects, similar to the Minecraft RT tech-demo - at least optional (like the Uber setting in W2).

That treatment alone will have an incredible impact on longevity, to have the game feeling still fresh in ~ 5 years, while keeping sales high at the same time.

Last edited:
[...]

So yes, everyone's gonna get the update!
Don't want your FPS to drop? Don't enable the extra visuals in the game's settings. This is how things work since ever! No need to be negative all the time!
U might be rich and have a high-end pc. I have a gaming laptop that can only play witcher 3 in high quality...I don't want this update cuz as positive as I can be...the game will be more demanding, so I really want an answer from cdpr to have this update as a form of DLC bundle so we can deactivate it. I was dumb to buy the game on steam since no one mentioned steam runs mandatory updates...but gog doesn't, so dlc bundle is the only option for people like me...
Post automatically merged:

You dont have to install the update, have you?

Better visuals for the W3 are badly needed, and if your system cannot handle the new improvements then just dont use the new features/lower the settings or upgrade your PC.

I really hope CDPR will give it some high end ray Tracing effects, similar to the Minecraft RT tech-demo - at least optional (like the Uber setting in W2).

That treatment alone will have an incredible impact on longevity, to have the game feeling still fresh in ~ 5 years, while keeping sales high at the same time.
See that is our problem rn...we don't know if it is going to be optional or it is going to make our game unplayable...NO ONE ASKED FOR NEXT-GEN...I was rooting for witcher 1 remaster. In the best case, we are all going to have at least 10 fps drop cuz it is gonna be a big update...

U might be rich and have a high-end pc. I have a gaming laptop that can only play witcher 3 in high quality...
Will someone sit on your computer to force the update upon you? I don't think so, good sir.
Will CDPR remove the "high quality" option you're playing the game at? I don't think so either.
Also, game's minimum requirements is stated(I personally read it on twitter) to remain unchanged. And also, all new visuals will be presented as extra quality options that no-one will force you to enable.

Will someone sit on your computer to force the update upon you? I don't think so, good sir.
Will CDPR remove the "high quality" option you're playing the game at? I don't think so either.
Also, game's minimum requirements is stated(I personally read it on twitter) to remain unchanged. And also, all new visuals will be presented as extra quality options that no-one will force you to enable.
Yes steam update will be mandatory in steam, good sir. All games in steam required the latest version of the game in order for u to play it. And let's not fool ourselves...every single update I had in past with similar to the description u provided resulted on 20 or 10fps drop for my games...plus I'm trying to get an answer from cdpr. Everything u are telling me are your opinion.

Yes steam update will be mandatory in steam, good sir. All games in steam required the latest version of the game in order for u to play it. And let's not fool ourselves...every single update I had in past with similar to the description u provided resulted on 20 or 10fps drop for my games...plus I'm trying to get an answer from cdpr. Everything u are telling me are your opinion.
Actually, I would doubt this is the case, because of this part:
The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase...
A standalone purchase will mean a completely separate product from the existing releases of TW3. If they're also going to be giving the features away as a free and separate update, that most likely means it will also be a separate product and will have a separate download.

(Again, can't be sure, but it would make the most sense to keep those features completely separate from the existing versions for support purposes.)

Actually, I would doubt this is the case, because of this part:

A standalone purchase will mean a completely separate product from the existing releases of TW3. If they're also going to be giving the features away as a free and separate update, that most likely means it will also be a separate product and will have a separate download.

(Again, can't be sure, but it would make the most sense to keep those features completely separate from the existing versions for support purposes.)
I completely agree but as u mentioned, you are not sure and cdpr doesn't respond to any of our email and massages, so for couple of months we have to wait...this ruined witcher con for me tbh...the main reason I'm worried is that cyberpunk was released on ps4 even tho they knew game wouldn't work on ps4, they still realased it, so I'm worried they do the same with witcher 3...

I completely agree but as u mentioned, you are not sure and cdpr doesn't respond to any of our email and massages, so for couple of months we have to wait...this ruined witcher con for me tbh...the main reason I'm worried is that cyberpunk was released on ps4 even tho they knew game wouldn't work on ps4, they still realased it, so I'm worried they do the same with witcher 3...
And that's also completely ignoring the nearly 15 years of games, updates, and expansions that CDPR did release that worked just fine in the end. Let's not forget that those products (all of them) also had issues that were resolved. They were even able to get TW3 working on bleeping handheld for crying out loud. Let's not get carried away.

Also, what we're talking about here are two completely different things. A game suffering from techncial issues is not the same thing as a an online marketplace's policy for releasing new products. There's no reason to believe that the Next Gen Update for TW3 will be mandatory. It wouldn't make any real sense. (No, we can't foresee the future, but we can deduce things pretty accurately sometimes.) I don't see any reason why CDPR would make it mandatory, and I can think of around ten reasons not to handle it that way off the top of my head.

It would be nice if we could get an update of how far the next gen patches are for the Witcher 3. That external company who they hired to do the heavy lifting should have a timeline or something, right?

It would be nice if we could get an update of how far the next gen patches are for the Witcher 3. That external company who they hired to do the heavy lifting should have a timeline or something, right?
Announcements will be made when there is something to announce. Until such time, we wait. (Even if that's far, far, faaar, longer than we may want to wait.)

I'd say that releasing information which may then need to change as situations change is no longer appealing as an option. When something is ready to be shared, we'll hear something!

Good evening guys, I just noticed that a full year has passed since the announcement of the Witcher 3 Next-Gen edition!! Man, time flies!

For the occasion I would like to congratulate all who are still alive and well and are patiently waiting for news!
I would also like to mention that two months have passed since @Alicja. presented us with the Official Next-Gen Cover and told us that we're gonna have more info "coming soon" :think:

We're still waiting on ya Alice!
Cheers to all!

At this point, I'm doubting that the next gen version will be released this year. However without a new GPU I wouldn't benefit from it anyway and it seems that it will still take a while before they will be available again for reasonable prices.

Thanks for the update. Disappointed but I now wonder when they reveal more... I don't see any event before the end of the year that will have the same amount of visibility now that E3 has passed. Game awards maybe? But it's late and the upgrade should be out. I don't want to sound to pessimist but I would not be surprised if it's delayed to 2022.
So I am quoting myself here but we are this close from a big and nice "Told you so" lol. May I suggest Geforce Now Born Boring? I am using it currently and I think it will be a good way to try the upgrade if GPU are still hard to get.

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S are new platforms for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, so the game had to be submitted for age classification on these platforms specifically. This is standard procedure and the date mentioned on PEGI's website is the rating's issue date.

So, it's saying that it's been offically rated today?

So, it's saying that it's been offically rated today?
Only for these new platforms. It's legal bureaucracy. There's about a 0% chance that it will receive a different rating. Just a formality that needs to be done to make it legal to market the games on these platforms. Kind of like needing to show up at the bank and have a contract notarized to open a new branch in a franchise. It's the same "McDonald's" as every other McDonald's on Earth...but the paperwork needs to be done all over again for every single new location that opens.

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S are new platforms for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, so the game had to be submitted for age classification on these platforms specifically. This is standard procedure and the date mentioned on PEGI's website is the rating's issue date.
We just really hope the update comes out soon :)
Can’t wait to try it out ⚔️

Top Bottom