The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+
Thanks for the update. Disappointed but I now wonder when they reveal more... I don't see any event before the end of the year that will have the same amount of visibility now that E3 has passed. Game awards maybe? But it's late and the upgrade should be out. I don't want to sound to pessimist but I would not be surprised if it's delayed to 2022.
Just a reminder you heard it back in July here first. I think I deserve an oracle title or something lol. More seriously that's a bummer and honestly not that surprising. It baffles me that a statement had to be made regarding the Pegi date. In what world this had any chances to be an actual release date.

Just a reminder you heard it back in July here first. I think I deserve an oracle title or something lol. More seriously that's a bummer and honestly not that surprising. It baffles me that a statement had to be made regarding the Pegi date. In what world this had any chances to be an actual release date.
If you want to be an oracle, we'll have to clarify the difference between foresight and hindsight. We'll also need to clarify the difference between clairvoyance and stating the obvious.

As an example, go ahead and start listing every single developer that you can think of, one by one. We'll then look at how many of their releases -- for anything: games, patches, expansions, remasters, etc. -- have released on the date originally announced, and how many have been delayed, often multiple times.

This is the way the industry works. It has always worked that way. Goals and deadlines are set. Life and fate happen. The goals are shifted and deadlines reassessed. In the end, we reach the goals. Nothing is perfect.

If you want to be an oracle, we'll have to clarify the difference between foresight and hindsight. We'll also need to clarify the difference between clairvoyance and stating the obvious.

As an example, go ahead and start listing every single developer that you can think of, one by one. We'll then look at how many of their releases -- for anything: games, patches, expansions, remasters, etc. -- have released on the date originally announced, and how many have been delayed, often multiple times.

This is the way the industry works. It has always worked that way. Goals and deadlines are set. Life and fate happen. The goals are shifted and deadlines reassessed. In the end, we reach the goals. Nothing is perfect.
They need to go to the method my Father taught me on how to estimate the cost of labor for a job

Estimate the time, double it and then add 10% ..... Works almost every single time .... Estimated time 30 days, double it to 60 days and add 10% = 66 days

They need to go to the method my Father taught me on how to estimate the cost of labor for a job

Estimate the time, double it and then add 10% ..... Works almost every single time .... Estimated time 30 days, double it to 60 days and add 10% = 66 days
Almost invariably. Or, things get dropped. Whenever I directed a show, we couldn't really alter dates. We had the venue for the period we rented it. No wiggle room, usually. We'd have the first few production meetings, decide on how we would handle the set, lighting, sound, costuming, props, etc., and then I'd tell everyone, "Alright, let's prioritize things and figure out which 3 are the first to be cut." I can count the number of times a production actually included everything planned on no fingers.

I know. I guess I didn't made it clear enough I was joking (even if "lol" and "more seriously" are supposed to be good indicator). This is a pretty serious response. Chill. You don't learn me any thing new here.

I noticed that Saber Interactive is using pre-release Artwork on their webpage for the W3 Next Gen Upgrade: https://saber3d.com/portfolio_page/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-next-gen/

SI_W3.png

Could this be a hint towards a pre-release orientated graphics style (2013/VGX/2014) for the Next Gen version by any chance? I mean that would be absolutely amazing (remember the infamous downgrade debate?)!

Hello all, I recently purchased The Witcher 3 GOTY edition for PS4 on my PS5. I am in the middle of my first play through. I was wondering if my saved game on the PS4 edition and trophy progress will carry over to the PS5 upgrade (Game is saved and being played from my PS5)? Curious about this before I invest more time into a play through I will not be able to use once the PS5 edition is released. Thanks for any feed back. :)

I noticed that Saber Interactive is using pre-release Artwork on their webpage for the W3 Next Gen Upgrade: https://saber3d.com/portfolio_page/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-next-gen/

View attachment 11261479
Could this be a hint towards a pre-release orientated graphics style (2013/VGX/2014) for the Next Gen version by any chance? I mean that would be absolutely amazing (remember the infamous downgrade debate?)!
Unfortunately CDPR themselves never truly stopped using that footage either. So while I also would love a return to the sword of destiny trailer aesthetic of the 35 minutes gameplay video I wouldn't take this as a serious piece of information. Probably nothing.

Quote From PutridPile
"Hello all, I recently purchased The Witcher 3 GOTY edition for PS4 on my PS5. I am in the middle of my first play through. I was wondering if my saved game on the PS4 edition and trophy progress will carry over to the PS5 upgrade (Game is saved and being played from my PS5)? Curious about this before I invest more time into a play through I will not be able to use once the PS5 edition is released."

I suggest you keep playing and treat it as a trial run. There are so many options/choices to make that give different stories. One playthrough is not enough.

We’re working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Hello, is it possible for the next version to update Thai language as well? Now only PC users can use Thai language by mod. But people who play on consoles like me can't do mods. I want to update Thai language in the next version too. Including previous versions with Nintendo switch, ps4, ps5, xbox. If you can, I would greatly appreciate it.

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S are new platforms for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, so the game had to be submitted for age classification on these platforms specifically. This is standard procedure and the date mentioned on PEGI's website is the rating's issue date.
Post automatically merged:

When will the 4th game of the Witcher series come? Or are you planning to make a remastred for the first game of the series?

This is great! Can’t wait for this!
I hope this will get some sort of arena system that can spawn bandits and creatures to keep fighting en use different skills.
After completing this whole game there arent much enemies to fight.

Hello! New here. Not sure if this has been answered already in this forum.

If you currently have the PC version of the game, you wouldn't be entitled to a free upgrade on PS5 right? Probably a dumb question sorry.

If you currently have the PC version of the game, you wouldn't be entitled to a free upgrade on PS5 right? Probably a dumb question sorry.
From the initial post:
The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
As I understand this, the free update will apply only to the platform(s) on which you already own the game, and will not be transferable to another.

Hello! New here. Not sure if this has been answered already in this forum.

Hi this answer is for me they confirmed a new Witcher game but we don't have any details,

You guys think we will see inclusion of more faces for NPCs too? The roster at the moment is relatively small which kinda kills the ambient. Peasants looking the same as Nilgfaard commanders and so..

Top Bottom