The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+
Hello! Do you have plans to fix bug with russian voiceover in next-gen version? I mean the situation when the voice acting needs to get into lipsync - the game either speeds up the actor's voice or slows it down. Example with timecode:

Last edited:
I have few suggestion for the next gen patch :)
- Add Photo Mode.
- Improve the storage chest (it's very laggy and annoying when you have a bunch of items).
- Maybe the most important, possibility to "remove" the cinematics during the loading screens. You have to wait for a "long time" when the "loadings" take only few seconds.

Maybe the most important, possibility to "remove" the cinematics during the loading screens. You have to wait for a "long time" when the "loadings" take only few seconds.
Hint: If on PC, you can start hitting the spacebar after about 10 seconds, and it will skip the cutscene and load into the game right away. I played through 2 or 3 times before a member here pointed that out to me.

Along that line, a technical thing that I hope they address are the times, here and there, where the game will actually load the player into a combat situation, but the player will not actually have control of Geralt while the screen "fades in". There are a few times, especially on the harder difficulties, where Geralt can be heavily damaged or outright killed before the player even has control.

Hint: If on PC, you can start hitting the spacebar after about 10 seconds, and it will skip the cutscene and load into the game right away. I played through 2 or 3 times before a member here pointed that out to me.
Yeah it work :D
No "key/button" who appear on screen (X on Xbox, the same for skip dialogue), so impossible to really know it.
But 10/12 seconds, it still long. After completing the main story and play on expansions, it's 2 or 3s at max for relaoding a save or when you change zone on the map.
Along that line, a technical thing that I hope they address are the times, here and there, where the game will actually load the player into a combat situation, but the player will not actually have control of Geralt while the screen "fades in". There are a few times, especially on the harder difficulties, where Geralt can be heavily damaged or outright killed before the player even has control.
In "Fists of Fury", I have to press "B" even before the "loading screen" is completed to be sure to avoid the opponent's first attack :(
Generally, when a fight start like that, the first thing it's a dodge :D

In "Fists of Fury", I have to press "B" even before the "loading screen" is completed to be sure to avoid the opponent's first attack :(
Generally, when a fight start like that, the first thing it's a dodge
There was a certain quest against a fiend and a certain quest involving one-shot-kill spells that I'm thinking of in particular. In both of those situations, the game auto-saved right at the start of the fight, and I was caught in an endless loop of load-die before the screen-fade-load-die before the screen fade-load-die before the screen fade-etc. Needed to reload a much earlier save to avoid it and win each fight on the first go.

Both are potentially very annoying things that can happen, and it can certainly be designed to avoid such scenarios.
  • Yes, it's nice to present players with an aesthetic reintroduction to where they left off...but not at the expense of forcing them to sit through it over and over again in a short period of time with no prompt to move past it.
  • Yes, a smooth, aesthetic fade to transition into gameplay is nice...but not if it does so while the AI is active and the player has absolutely no control.
These are definitely a situations where form grossly overrode function. Seemingly tiny, individually, but each something that can prevent progress, repeatedly frustrate enjoyment in rapid succession, and ruin the experience if it happens to affect a player. Hopefully, they'll find a way to address it.

I still wish they'll bring back some cut content. It would be much better than the stuff inspired by that awful Netflix show

Is there any chance that we will get more info about the NextGen-Update in the near future? I mean the update is in development for over a year and till today we still didn't even got some screenshots or other impressions about it. It would be really nice to just see something and get some more detail :).

Last edited:
This addon is shows great graphics, too:
He put out a video a month and a half ago highlighting some of the new textures coming to the Next Gen version. One thing I'm hoping for, expecting actually, is higher poly counts on the NPC meshes. As good as I can make it look right now with Mods you can still see the triangles (flat spots with a point) on things like bald heads and bare shouiders and other parts of NPCs that things like textures just can't fix. Some static objects such as fruits and vegetables can also benefit greatly with increased poly count meshes as well as Roach and even many of the monsters

Post automatically merged:

Is there any chance that we will get more info about the NextGen-Update in the near future? I mean the update is in development for over a year and till today we still didn't even got some screenshots or other impressions about it. It would be really nice to just see something and get some more detail :).
Well since the Next Gen update for Cyberpunk is dropping in the very near future I would expect about two months more. They aren't going to step on Cyberpunk which is still their main income generator by releasing Witcher 3 Next Gen even if it is ready to go right now. Especially when it will be a free upgrade for most people. Personally I plan on buying the full version if it means I can keep my original copy pristine if for no other reason than making some comparison videos. I only paid 15 bucks for Witcher 3 GOTY and given the 100's of hours of enjoyment I've gotten from it shelling out another 60 bucks is no big deal to me if it means I can keep the original version intact.

Last edited:
Well since the Next Gen update for Cyberpunk is dropping in the very near future I would expect about two months more. They aren't going to step on Cyberpunk which is still their main income generator by releasing Witcher 3 Next Gen even if it is ready to go right now. Especially when it will be a free upgrade for most people. Personally I plan on buying the full version if it means I can keep my original copy pristine if for no other reason than making some comparison videos. I only paid 15 bucks for Witcher 3 GOTY and given the 100's of hours of enjoyment I've gotten from it shelling out another 60 bucks is no big deal to me if it means I can keep the original version intact.

I will definitely buy the NextGen-Version as a physical copy as well. That would be the ninth time I've bought the game. But hey, it's my absolute favorite game, so it's worth it :)

Any chance the game will get DLSS?

Maybe, maybe not. We just don't know. But since CP2077 supports DLSS and Raytracing-Support for W3 is already confirmed, i think it's possible. Let's hope that there will be more infos soon.

Last edited:
Looking forward to finishing this wonderful game for the 5th time. Looking forward to play new game + afterwards. Would even pay a price for this, hopefully this is worth it for you guys! Can only recommend the game to people, but am now thinking about paying full price once more just to get the physical version. Thank you for doing this!

Any chance the game will get DLSS?
Well they already announced it was getting Ray Tracing so it would be dumb not to include DLSS since Nvidia more or less made the two to work hand in hand and Nvidia tends to do a lot of support for developers

Well they already announced it was getting Ray Tracing so it would be dumb not to include DLSS since Nvidia more or less made the two to work hand in hand and Nvidia tends to do a lot of support for developers
It depends on the engine and the studio whether it's worth the effort...but I can't imagine it won't have it.

So there is finally a reason to get an Nvidia RTX? I wonder how raytracing will look like in Witcher 3, but this will be a huge engine update.

So there is finally a reason to get an Nvidia RTX? I wonder how raytracing will look like in Witcher 3, but this will be a huge engine update.
If you can find one. Lol. End of the year should be much better according to Nvidia's last Q&A. Plus, you have the 40series that should be coming out here soon. I'm sticking with my 2070super until then. I already have a card flagged for $$$ when the RTX4090 comes out.

Been a hot minute since I've heard anything about this post 2020 announcement. Anything new out there from CDPR for this raytracing update?

Been a hot minute since I've heard anything about this post 2020 announcement. Anything new out there from CDPR for this raytracing update?

Nothing official although I heard the CEO made a claim in the last investor earnings call a week or two ago that Witcher 3 Next Gen update was still on track for Q4 2022. I doubt he'd lie to investors in an earnings call

I'm not so eager for better graphics, but it would be pretty pretty nice to have more new stories like Heart of Stone DLC. The story , Heart of Stone, touched me sooooooooo deeply.I can't hold back my tears every time I replay the story.
So,Will there be new DLC releases in the future?

Top Bottom