The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is currently the Most Awarded game of all time

+
Metacritic Click

I would like to ask you if personally CDP adds dozens of the hundreds in the last months on Metacritic or it makes a some fanboy. Always at night appears dozens of positive ratings. Witcher 3 for the last few weeks has more ratings than news games.Very, very strange what happens about this game. I see it for the first time, so I'm asking.

It is a highly acclaimed game, both by millions of fans and game magazines/websites. It is one of the few AAA games with exceptionally high average scores, again from both journalism channels and gamers. Considering that lately there is hype because of the imminent release of the second expansion, I would think that many people are now playing the game and the first expansion again (or some, the first time). Those should be the ones adding the reviews there.

About the conspiracy theory part... Firstly, even if they did, do you really expect them to say that here in the forums out in the open? And secondly, in the last decade that I have been following CDPR (since the first game) I never for a second thought of them as a company that'd do that. Their customer first policies and even their game distribution platform and how it works (DRM-free and so on) are kinda testaments to their trustworthiness, I'd say. Anyway, I really don't know what you expect to get to here, but these are my two cents.

Edit: Oh, lastly, before I forget: Does anyone actually care about the user reviews on Metacritic? They are mostly either incredibly high, or incredibly low ("I don't like this game! 0/10!"). Watching streams or reading Steam reviews sound like much better options. MC user reviews sections are (apart from the average score they report and its comparison with other games in the same genre/release window, I guess) mostly garbage I'd say.

Last edited:
Edit: Oh, lastly, before I forget: Does anyone actually care about the user reviews on Metacritic? They are mostly either incredibly high, or incredibly low ("I don't like this game! 0/10!"). Watching streams or reading Steam reviews sound like much better options. MC user reviews sections are (apart from the average score they report and its comparison with other games in the same genre/release window, I guess) mostly garbage I'd say.

Yeah, pretty much this. I'm not sure if the OP is trying to be a troll or whether he is being sincere, but relying upon user reviews from metacritic is precarious at best. You don't have to verify that you purchased or even played the game, and most of the scores vacillate wildly between zero and ten. I think a more interesting question might be, why is this Edur spending his or her nights tracking user reviews of TW3 on metacritic? That seems like a problem which needs to be more immediately addressed.

This is not about whether it is a successful game, but who does it. I am quite sure that someone is changing ratings. It is in all three versions. Over the past weeks, it went from some 6,000 ratings (10 months) over 8000 thousand assessment, all averages have gone up dramatically.

Comparison of DS3 has only 1000 ratings. Something like Division. Of course I wrote in support of MT, but no answers. I absolutely do not care about ratings for MT, The Witcher is a really good game without an evaluation, but for me it throws a shadow of doubt ...

Hmmm, you just joined the forums to mention 0.2 to 0.3 increase in points average on Metacritic user reviews? Throws a little shadow of doubt... :) Its Steam reviews are also around 95% positive, and there you have to own the game to review. Just saying ;) It's one of the few games that do not need artificial scores. Just enjoy mate. (Btw, DS 3 is a niche game compared to Witcher 3, and not as hyped. Of course it has lower number of reviews. But anyway, I'm not sure if you are trolling, soooo...)

Yeah, yeah. 0,3= 1500- 2000 ratings :) This deviation began in April. It would be pretty embarrassing if someone from the CDP change average score :)

It would be pretty embarrassing if someone from the CDP change average score

The GOTY Edition should be amazing, bug-free.. improved and able to stand the test of time for future generations to come! lol

Well, I don't take highly either pro or user scores, but their discrepancy. Journalists tend to overlook, players overreact...in some bizarre way, it evens out. Still, this conspiracy theory is pretty damn amusing.
Maybe this guy could look into it

View attachment 38420

Attachments

• Deus-Ex-4.jpg
    Deus-Ex-4.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 80
We'll see when Cyberpunk rolls around, I guess... but it IS crazy when you think about it:
Most awarded game of all time = Polish. Who would have funked?

Would never considered the possibility that old settled publishers like Ubisoft or Activision would achieve this. Their games are too repetitive, result in minor improvements between sequels where every feature must pay off in the end (so no alternate storylines as opposed to alternate endings).

One of the most beautiful things of the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is in my opinion (minor spoiler):
[video=youtube;FQhQ-7Iaw8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQhQ-7Iaw8Y[/video]
It contains no interactive gameplay, does not progress the storyline, lasts for a couple of minutes in game and costs probably multiple days of production (e.g. composer, artists, etc.), but these "small" things let the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt stand out in the crowd and make the game as it currently is: the best game to date.

I'm my opinion this game deserves every award it has received. I have played it once through, and am currently playing it again. The storyline is great, everything has been done tastefully. I do not want this to be the end of the witcher series, as this was my first witcher game. I have to say this is my favorite game of all time. Congratulations for the awards, I feel they are well deserved!

Top Bottom