The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Language availability

+
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Language availability

Hello folks

I have seen people asking questions about which languages come with which versions of the game. Usually because they are interested in ordering a copy from a "foreign" (a country outside where they live) country or they live in a 'foreign" (a country they are not from) country and want to get a copy with their native language. I have created a listing of which countries carry which languages. You can see it below. These apply to all platforms PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. There is no difference between platforms when it comes to language. If any countries are missing, please let us know and we will try to get the info on the missing countries.

PC users on GOG and Steam will be able to download additional language packs if they choose. This list indicated the languages that come included with copies.

Text means on screen print & subtitles. VO mean the audio language spoken in the game. Print means the language in printed materials like instructions.

Poland
Text: Russian/Czech/Hungarian/English/Polish
VO: English/Russian/Polish
Print: Polish

United Kingdom, Sweden, The Netherlands, Iceland, Ireland, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Portugal
Print: English+Quickstart Swedish/Finnish/Dutch/Portuguese

Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Switzerland
Text: English/French/Italian/German/Spanish/Polish
VO: English/French/German/Polish
Print: German

France, Monaco, Belgium
Print: French

Italy, San Marino
Print:Italian

Spain, Andorra
Print: Spanish

Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Print: Russian

Czech Republic, Slovakia
Print: Czech

Hungary
Print: Hungarian

Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Greece, Cyprus, Malta
Print: English

Israel

United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon
Text: English/Arabic
VO: English
Print: English/Arabic

South Africa; Angola; Botswana; Ghana; Lesotho; Kenya; Malawi; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; Tanzania; Swaziland; Zambia; Zimbabwe, Uganda
Print:English

Taiwan, Hong Kong
Text: English/Traditional Chinese/Korean

Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines
Print: English/Traditional Chinese

South Korea
Print: English/Korean

Japan
Text: Japanese/English
VO: Japanese/English
Print: Japanese

India

Australia, New Zealand
Print:English

USA and Mexico
Text: English/ Brazilian Portuguese/Latin American Spanish/French/Polish
VO: English/ Brazilian Portuguese/French/Polish

Canada
Print: English/French

Brazil
Print: Brazilian Portuguese

Venezuela,Uruguay, Peru, Paraguay, Ecuador, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile
Print: English/Latin American Spanish

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
There seem to be some bizarre choices for Western European minor nations and which languages are included...

How does this work with GoG digital copies? Will it be possible to obtain additional language packs for the retail version if for example you lived in Belgium and would prefer German or French to Polish or Russian?

(I've no horse in this... I'm in the UK, and will use English and English text Polish voices according to taste... but I could see some head-scratching from elsewhere...)

VO no Spanish no party

I still don't understand why .......

Queridos Amigos,

Nos encantaría ser capaces de realizar la versión española de The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt completamente doblada, pero a estas alturas, es simplemente imposible desde el punto de vista de producción. Así es como funciona. Cuando planeamos lanzar uno de nuestros juegos completamente doblado, lo primero que tenemos que hacer es echar un vistazo al historial de ventas de nuestros juegos en una región determinada. A continuación, escuchamos la recomendación de nuestro socio para ese mercado en concreto. Entonces cogemos todos los datos, los examinamos, y sopesamos si tiene sentido desde un punto de vista financiero el doblarlo íntegramente (o incluso si tiene sentido localizarlo). En el caso de The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, el problema era aún mayor, pues la completa localización de un juego tan enorme es un proceso gigantesco y muy caro (pensad en varios cientos de miles de Euros sólo por la grabación y el reparto de actores). Cuando comparamos los números de anteriores ventas en España con el pronóstico que tenemos para el próximo juego, el resultado fue que perderíamos dinero literalmente en todas las ventas que hiciésemos del juego. Somos los primeros en decir que el dinero no lo es todo, pero tenemos que pagar facturas, y los salarios de toda la gente que trabaja en el estudio.

Merece la pena señalar que nuestro socio local VOLVIÓ a nosotros con un pronóstico de ventas incrementado en España y la recomendación de localizar el juego completamente, voces incluidas. Desgraciadamente, la re-evaluación de la situación llegó a nosotros demasiado tarde como para finalizar el proceso a tiempo. Con enorme pesar, tuvimos que desestimar la idea de un doblaje al español para Wild Hunt. Os aseguramos, sin embargo, que os hemos escuchado y que recordaremos vuestras palabras mientras desarrollamos nuestros futuros títulos. Lo sentimos de veras y os pedimos perdón si os hemos decepcionado. Sin embargo, también esperamos que seáis capaces de comprendernos.

Con cariño,
CDP RED Team

I have a question: This is from the official Warner Games Mexico facebook page

So VO Spanish Latino in America is fake?

Attachments

• Sin%u00252Bt%u0025C3%u0025ADtulo.jpg
    Sin%u00252Bt%u0025C3%u0025ADtulo.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
How does this work with GoG digital copies? Will it be possible to obtain additional language packs for the retail version if for example you lived in Belgium and would prefer German or French to Polish or Russian?

I second this question, @TheEvilChris . Will there be language packs available for download, at some point? I enjoy playing in German, but live in the States.

I'd like to know more about the digital version as well. I see that there is two version for Belgium (for french/german and dutch speaking parts of the country), how is this gonna work ? I'd like to be sure I'll be able to get the french version.

(I had some bad experience with that Origin-crap form EA before, wouldn't let me have the french version of DA i just bought because my account was set to english when I made the purchase. I don't think it's the same with GOG, but I'd rather be careful this time.)

Despite the fact that i'll play the game in english, i can't help to notice the fact that were i live (Portugal) we'll have English, Russian and Polish VO but no portuguese VO or text (and yes i'm well aware that there are some differences between portuguese and brazilian portuguese... being a native portuguese and all that...).

Not criticizing, just find it funny.

It was already announced some time ago that GOG and Steam versions include all of the supported languages, no matter where you've bought the game from.

I'm good with English for Romania and always will be. I cannot even fathom how cringy romanian dub would sound in any game for that matter.

Although I would like to hear Japanese Audio due to my love for anime. I'd be an interesting to do a playthrough like that to say the least.

I wonder if we can download any extra language packs later, even if they don't come "out of the box" with them?

I assume these are for the retail versions. I imagine the digital versions would have all the languages, correct? I think that needs to be specified somewhere. Also, that's a pretty good question, the one about downloading language packs.

I woul've love a localized VO for LatinAmerica, but I understand the risk and such. It's a complex market, and sadly, a lot of piracy. My country recently was ranked third in software piracy of the OECD countries.

I'm not saying that I haven't pirated games before, but I'm the first to say that this company and its policies had made me notice my wrongdoings and change my views. The first time that I play The Witcher was in a pirated game, but when The Witcher 2 came out I buy the game for the XBOX 360, and later I acquit it in GOG.com as the first game. Currently I have my pre-order for Wild Hunt, and the Expansions.

I have to say, when a company as CDPR get things right, and think in the consumers, us, the players, we can respond and turn around from bad practices. Thank you for everything, and even if the game isn't localized in spanish, I think we understand, and maybe we will get it in another games :)

Cheers!

I'm very glad to hear that the German version comes with English text and VO. I was going to spend extra money on ordering a copy from the UK, but there's no need for that now.

Does the PRINT language means that the Artbook included in CE edition will be in that language?
Or all Artbooks are only in English language?
Thanks.

There seem to be some bizarre choices for Western European minor nations and which languages are included...

Yes, PC editions on both GOG and Steam will be able to download additional language packs if they so choose. :)

@TheEvilChris

I have a small concern . I see that Macedonia is in the group with Russia,Ukraine,Moldova,etc. As a Bulgarian I believe Macedonia should be moved to the other group with Turkey,Romania,Bulgaria,etc. Macedonian language is almost identical to Bulgarian and I think it would be better if the print was in English. I don't think Macedonian people would understand Russian better than English. Not that it is a big issue, but I think people would be more satisfied this way.Macedonian language is quite different from Russian.

PT/BR Legends in the European version

Hello. Today we found out that the Portuguese version has no Portuguese whatsoever. But in the US version there is. So the country with the native language will not have atleast legends in PT/BR that are already made and it doesn't take a minute to add them in a update. So im here in behave of the Portuguesse gamers asking for you guys add this in our version. Its a dlor in the face for us. It would be the same if all games in Poland were in Russian i would not think you guys would like it

Im asking because i trust the company. And we are fellow Europeans its wrong whats being done here dont be like other companies who did the same. Please fix this.
Regards, Nathan

Top Bottom