The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Language availability

+
Hello.
I've also read in a gaming website today that the PS4 version that will be sell in Portugal will not have the option for Portuguese language.
This is very strange as CDP is launching "Witcher 3" in Brazil with Portuguese language. If CDP has the Portuguese language available why shouldn't it be an option in Portugal? Even more strange, in the same site they said that the language options will be English, POLISH, CZECH and RUSSIAN. Really? In Portugal? Is this info accurate or credible?

---------- Updated at 03:53 PM ----------

Thank you TheEvilChris, this helped me a lot.

Though, knowing that the PS4 version in Portugal won't have Portuguese language available I won't buy it, at least not in launch time...

Best regards.

I find this really strange as well. Besides some grammar, words and accent differences, Brazil and Portugal speak the same language. Why release it in one Country and not on the other is a mistery...

Seriously, not even Portuguese subtitles available in Portugal?? Wen you have a full Portuguese version available in Brasil??
Is this a friggin joke??
Totally lack of respect for portuguese buyers.
RIP Witcher and CD projekt Red!!!!

Cmon CD Projekt help the consumer Portugal has the native language put it here atleast legends. Show the other companies you care like you guys always did

Yes i know but the game will sell more on Playstation anyway here and not only here . if the files ars there it takes no effort adding them to our version

I want to know what you cost introduce subtitles in Portuguese , which are already made in the version that will be sold in Portugal .. it's a shame .. and also the unwillingness of the company.

Please guys, at least put the Pt-Br subtitles in Portuguese version. Launch the game without the Pt subtitles in Potugal would be much lack of respect for that market. Give to the portugueses the option to choose which subtitle want to use. Put in an update at least.

Well, it is indeed a lack of consideration for portuguese gamers. Since you already have the PT-BR version, you could adapt this one to pt-pt. It is not that different aside some expressions.
You could at least, release the same version.

Yes, we know that we can download the sub files for pc version, but, what about the console one?

After deleting my comment , I'll even cancel my reservation because I will not give money to a company that ignores my country ...Portugal

This is unnacceptable :(

I'm Portuguese and i found these news veeery disappointing! Sure, i understand that it would be hard/time consuming to add pt-pt subtitles (let alone voice acting), but it doesn't make any sense to not include the pt-br subtitles on our version. Especially considering the fact that the pt-br version already exists, and PS4 is 100% region free. Why on earth would you guys send to Portugal the 'wrong version'?

I'm a huge The Witcher fan, and for the first time i'm considering not getting the game. Not because i don't understand English (i pretend to play it with english voice), but because its so easy to make it alot better.

Please reconsider it. Maybe with a day one patch? Just saying...

Last edited:
I was really excited for the witcher 3, but after knowing that in Portugal we are not getting any subtitles on the ps4 in our own language, it was a let down by you guys...
You have a fully set of voice and subtitles available in brazil and you are not going to allow us portugueses to get access to it, not even the subtitles?!!! REALLY???
Its the same language!!! Make it possible please or i'm not buying the game, its an insult to all portuguese gamers...

Last edited:
I'm Spaniard and I found this really strange. We don't have dub in our language (neither across the Atlantic), but why Brazil gets portuguese and not Portugal? Market share? I guess there are minor differences, but still, you're not even releasing it with portuguese subtitles

Top Bottom