+
United Kingdom
Text: Russian/Czech/Hungarian/English/Polish
VO: English/Russian/Polish

India
Print: English

I was looking for Russian language. I bought a digital version PS4 of the game in the PSN.
In India, it is not.
In England, it is not.

I corresponded with the developers via email. They said that they know about the problem and are working on fixing it.

what you mean?

Realy??? You are balming PSN for this? I typed e-mail to PSN too... and this is what they told me: ---Hi Vladislavs,Thanks for your e-mail about The Witcher. As you might know, games for PlayStation are made by many different companies and that The Witcher is made by CD PROJEKT RED. You might find some help with this game on their website at:https://www.thewitcher.com/ or http://en.cdprojektred.com/If you're having issues with your console or PlayStation Network, please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail.Thank you,CalumPlayStation Support------So your blaming PSN and PSN Blaming CDRP! Looks like both - PSN and CDRP dont give a shit about their users?!!!! wtf is this crap? WE PAYED 70EURO AND YOU SORRY?? I want my money back!!! Ill ask for refund in that case... this is not how it should work!!!!

We only want a patch with subs in all languages,

why in the pc version exist and for consoles not?

I undertsand that release the game with all the languages include is hard but we dont want that

Only want a patch or DLC or something with subs and languages ,, If for pc did it, why not for us

---------- Updated at 08:33 PM ----------

yes, they told me the same

---------- Updated at 08:36 PM ----------

Realy??? You are balming PSN for this? I typed e-mail to PSN too... and this is what they told me: ---Hi Vladislavs,Thanks for your e-mail about The Witcher. As you might know, games for PlayStation are made by many different companies and that The Witcher is made by CD PROJEKT RED. You might find some help with this game on their website at:https://www.thewitcher.com/ or http://en.cdprojektred.com/If you're having issues with your console or PlayStation Network, please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail.Thank you,CalumPlayStation Support------So your blaming PSN and PSN Blaming CDRP! Looks like both - PSN and CDRP dont give a shit about their users?!!!! wtf is this crap? WE PAYED 70EURO AND YOU SORRY?? I want my money back!!! Ill ask for refund in that case... this is not how it should work!!!!

Yes, they told me the same

JUST DONT TELL US ITS PROBLEMATIC TO INCLUDE ALL LANGUAGES IN ALL COUNTRIES...Why should games like Metro series, Killzone, MGS V, Mortal Kombat X have all languages, even Russian language in US STORE, in US. But Witcher 3, which is a Slavonik game, which should have had Russian and Polish in every region, don't have a proper Russian language support, and better yet, Is it some kind of a joke??.......Germany, Spain - No Russian....Sweden, Greece - Russian Included.....Italy, France - No Russian.......UK, Belgium - Russian Included. 90%+ games of Europe store have Russian languages, what kind of clownery is this?......I have Spanish store, I wanted to buy game but when I heard about problem me and my friends refused to buy the game. Title of the game in PS4 menu is on Russian, but nothing in the game. For you to know, me and many people can play in English, But it is Slavonik game, it should be played on Russian or Polish, its not a pretension, its a respect to the history and developers. But NO, what you are doing is "Take money and run". Its a worst thing to do. Dont waste your time, put all european languages into the Euro store version of the game like all developers do and everyone will be satisfied.

Last edited:
Because they didn't pay the global license to translators. Simple greed is the only logical explanation

the problem is that Bandai Nanco had said that they were going to put the subtitles pt/br in Portugal. You should now return the money people who will reserve before they deny it.

Mr. Martin Momot, srsly, YOU WANT US TO CONTACT PSN, because there is a PROBLEM WITH YOUR GAME? CDPR must do it! Not customers! ... That shows how much you care.............. i feel tricked and cheated by CDPR..

think like this if u download a pirate vertion of the game u can have all subtitles u need, but if u are a "good" player like me and spend 60 euros on a ps4 game, CD PROJEKT RED say to you...fu.. you, next time by in a diferent store......... ok but CD PROJEKT RED i have an account here on my country whit lots of achivements, etc etc,CD PROJEKT RED awnser you again...sorry next time by on a diferent store....... ahhh and fu.. you again ...lol, u guys suck on client support.....

[h=1]Truth Be Told [/h]

Sent message to Portugal psn , in which they said they could do nothing , this is the responsability of CD Projekt Red ... now you guys say is the responsability psn .. after all who is to blame ?

Here is a copy of the email I received from psn Portugal :
"Prezado cliente,

Obrigado por entrar em contato com a Assistência PlayStation

As legendas do jogo são de responsabilidade da produtora do mesmo, no caso a CD Project Red. Nós não temos como disponibilizar essas legendas.

Seu número de referência para este caso é: [150522-002656]

Caso o(a) sr(a). necessite mais alguma informação, por favor entre em contato com a Assistência PlayStation e uma das nossas equipas ajudará a resolver o problema.

Com os melhores cumprimentos,

Cassiano
Assistência PlayStation"

Last edited:
It is very disappointing this situation guys

wait this game for many years, be careful and dont read spoilers in forums and when finally the game arrived ,, boom !!!!! you cant play your favorite game because for CD project console users are in the second place,

They can fix big problems like downgrades and shits like those, but put online a patch with subs for us is a big deal, subs that by the way they created and for pc in this moment are online

Thank you CD PROJECT

---------- Updated at 01:18 AM ----------

Sent message to Portugal psn , in which they said they could do nothing , this is the responsability of CD Projekt Red ... now you guys say is the responsability psn .. after all who is to blame ?

Here is a copy of the email I received from psn Portugal :
"Prezado cliente,

Obrigado por entrar em contato com a Assistência PlayStation

As legendas do jogo são de responsabilidade da produtora do mesmo, no caso a CD Project Red. Nós não temos como disponibilizar essas legendas.

Seu número de referência para este caso é: [150522-002656]

Caso o(a) sr(a). necessite mais alguma informação, por favor entre em contato com a Assistência PlayStation e uma das nossas equipas ajudará a resolver o problema.

Com os melhores cumprimentos,

Cassiano
Assistência PlayStation"

Psn russia told me the same, but for Marcin Momot fromCD PROJECT that is not true

---------- Updated at 01:22 AM ----------

And that is how CD project asnwered me

I represent the developer (we make the game, distributors sell it) and I can only help by giving technical advice. All the issues related to transactions and particular game copies are the responsibility of the distributor from whom you purchased the game, in this case Sony Entertainment. However the dev team are aware you would like to see this feature in our game.

But who is the responsability ? Bandai Namco ?

I only know that my 70euros , are already in the portfolio of someone .. this is what is truth ..

Last edited:
Well, I think we have no other choice - we should write to every big game magazine and make CDPR change their mind. Bad publicity is the last thing they want. Look how quickly they react when kotaku.com complain about text size on consoles. They treated the console players as milch cow - this is exactly the scandal that every magazine want

Well, I think we have no other choice - we should write to every big game magazine and make CDPR change their mind. Bad publicity is the last thing they want. Look how quickly they react when kotaku.com complain about text size on consoles. They treated the console players as milch cow - this is exactly the scandal that every magazine want

So true! I think it's time.
People, since they don't give us what we have right ... We're going to do things the wrong way.
]Who can get the contacts of those certain magazines, which put them here on this page; and why on this page? ---for CD Projekt Red view that don't treat us like she wants

Guys i think CD PROJECT RED might add on patch 1.03 additional languages but if they not then we should tweet them about missing languages for certain regions like UK MISSING RUSSIAN ISRAEL MISSING RUSSIAN etc...

Hi! I've been reading this forum for a while and actually came here with the same problem as many people encountered with. I live in Finland and bought the game in the PSN store, and, according to what has been announced in the first thread here,
United Kingdom, Sweden, The Netherlands, Iceland, Ireland, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Portugal
I expected to play on Russian, which is my native language, but with the game installation I got only English/French/Italian/German/Spanish/Polish for the subtitles and English/French/German/Polish for the VO.
Of course I contacted the PSN store through e-mail (which they still didn't responded) and through the phone (the agent was really confused and couldn't even comment anything, but the fact that the problem I have, is already acknowledged).
Marcin Momot posted that
If there's a language missing in your country that should have been there (meaning was included in the list Chris posted) I would suggest contacting the store you bought the game in and asking for assistance (maybe it was imported from a different country).
I decided to register here and claim that is a lie/attempt to go around the topic, since the problem apparently concerns also the digital PSN store and it's obviously impossible to buy something meant not for your region, unless you selected the right one (which I of course did).
If some of the CDPR staff needs the screenshots, I am more than happy to provide them, if only someone of them would be eager to solve the problem. Although, at the moment, I deeply regret that I ever bought the premium edition, since it's very frustrating to play with the feeling that you've been cheated!
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/members/2000031-Marcin-Momot

Hi! I've been reading this forum for a while and actually came here with the same problem as many people encountered with. I live in Finland and bought the game in the PSN store, and, according to what has been announced in the first thread here,

I expected to play on Russian, which is my native language, but with the game installation I got only English/French/Italian/German/Spanish/Polish for the subtitles and English/French/German/Polish for the VO.
Of course I contacted the PSN store through e-mail (which they still didn't responded) and through the phone (the agent was really confused and couldn't even comment anything, but the fact that the problem I have, is already acknowledged).
Marcin Momot posted that

I decided to register here and claim that is a lie/attempt to go around the topic, since the problem apparently concerns also the digital PSN store and it's obviously impossible to buy something meant not for your region, unless you selected the right one (which I of course did).
If some of the CDPR staff needs the screenshots, I am more than happy to provide them, if only someone of them would be eager to solve the problem. Although, at the moment, I deeply regret that I ever bought the premium edition, since it's very frustrating to play with the feeling that you've been cheated!

Yes, my problem is the opposite. Im in russia for work and I bought this game here
but I want play with sub in spanish, and when reserve the game, I did not know about this and the ps store in russia ,They did not say anything about it
and for digital version this is unacceptable.

and by the way, the pc version can play with all the languages and game is cheaper than console

I bought your game in Portugal for ps4, and not have subtitles en pt-br, please put subtitles because I did not understand anything of the game.

---------- Updated at 02:46 PM ----------

if not put subtitles, please answer that is for me, to sell the game and buy bloodborne.because I only have money for one game and I was waiting so long to buy your game and now I have suffered a great disappointment that this not be in Portuguese .

As it seem like devs do read this thread, I'll try to post it here. There's a big problem with Russian localisation, no matter console or PC. It's described here. Please, CDPR, give us feedback on this issue!

Top Bottom