The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt leads the Game Awards 2015 with 7 nominations

+
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt leads the Game Awards 2015 with 7 nominations

Reasonably should win them all.
News link.

Last edited:
:pride::happy2::cheers4:

Cheers CDPR. You and Geralt deserve all of these accolades and more.

Not at all surprised. Most other contenders for GOTY either had minor flaws (Batman, MGSV, Fallout 4) or are too niche to be considered for GOTY (Bloodborne, Pillars).

Batman - predictable plot, empty open-world, bad batmoble segments.
MGSV - weaksauce story, empty open-world.
Fallout - bad graphics, incredibly unpolished compared to other candidates.

Last edited:
There should be "A Game Of the Decade/Century/Millenium" also! This game deserves everything! It just HAS to be GOTY.

I'm so happy for CDPR :) You have done a great work and created a game that... Oh shit... I'm out of words! There is no words to describe that masterpiece! Only Gods can create a stuff like that :) I could kiss your boots and worship the ground you are walking on (how do you say things like this in english? :blink:)

I really hope you win every category! (Is there even any other option? NO!)

:animier::thumbup::clap::unworthy::thumbsup::kiss::cheers2::respect::fun::wub:

Best game ever made I would say. My life is shit thanks to TW3. Im just recently starting my second withdrawal from the Northern Kingdoms. Must hold out this time. I mean that I have no fulltime job and have played this games since launch. Arkaham Knight took a cuople of days time, but I hav not finished it yet. And that is a really good game. But Wild Hunt is on its on Level. 2,5 playthroughs on what must be over 1000 hours is prof of how much I love to spend time in that awsome world. But its time I started to get on track again on my road to greatness.
I really hopes CDPR gets the recognition and awards they deserve. And that is most definitely a sound and music award.

What?! Fallout 4 only came few days ago, how can it possibly be nominated for GOTY?

Nominees for The Game Awards 2015 are selected by a jury of 32 international media. In some cases, the jury is provided advanced review code of upcoming games in order to meet the Game Awards 2015 judging deadlines. Games must have been commercially released by Tuesday, November 24 to be eligible for awards. eSports nominees were voted on by an advisory panel consisting of eSports media and sites.

Anyway, getting back to the topic, it's good to see TW3 get this many nominations, it's a testament to CDPR's hard work on the game.

Last edited:
Weird, really thought I had posted here... but after 4 days and nights of cleaning, updating, tweaking, adjusting, scanning, removing, installing, removing, uninstalling and rebooting, I may just have dreamt it. At least I'm sure I've twitted them.

@pcgamer 140 chars is not enough to describe my love for #TheWitcher series #TheWitcher3 @witchergame #BestGameEver
#TheWitcher3 #WildHunt #HeartsOfStone exp pack @witchergame #BestGameEver Can never get tired of replaying it I love all #TheWitcher games!

Last edited:
HoS alone was better than any game I've played in years, let alone the whole game. GOTY that is.

HoS alone was better than any game I've played in years, let alone the whole game. GOTY that is.
HoS was arguably better than TW3 itself. Anyway, I think the game will take 3 awards of those 7, namely 'Developer of the Year', 'Best Narrative' and 'Best RPG'.
Ori will probably take the 'Best Soundtrack' and 'Best Art Direction' awards, while the GOTY award will go to MGSV. Oh, and there's no way Doug will win (sorry, I still love you).

This is, of course, a somewhat pessimistic guess, but I think it might turn out to be more or less right.

Even when the graphics and the world of TW3 are the best that I've seen in my life, I think that Batman has a better story. More complicated and faithful to the previous games. And in the DLC'S they are putting all the main heroes and villains from the previous games. In terms of story, Batman is better than TW3. In the rest, TW3 wins. Just my opinion.

Since some of you mentioned Hearts of Stone, I'll pitch in to say it summarizes the whole of TW3 pretty well. Good story, great graphics, impressive combat sequences but... tons of unavoidable combat, main encounters designed to be played a certain way (arcade-ish), limited interaction, limited dialogue, limited characterization. It was however LOTS of fun, just like the whole of TW3. TW3 deserves many awards, but certainly not "best RPG" :)

Last edited:
I'd give best RPG to Pillars of Eternity. For me personally it's surely the best RPG of the year - good roleplaying, supports Linux at launch and released DRM-free.

And Witcher 3 and Divinity: Original Sin could share the Golden Duke Nukem award for most anticipated vaporware of the year. ;D

Last edited:
I'd give best RPG to Pillars of Eternity. For me personally it's surely the best RPG of the year - good roleplaying, supports Linux at launch and released DRM-free.

And Witcher 3 and Divinity: Original Sin could share the Golden Duke Nukem award for most anticipated vaporware of the year. ;D

I found Pillars of Eternity to be boring as tears. Also, supporting Linux and not using DRM software has nothing to do with the "best RPG" category.

Not sure what you mean about the whole vaporware thing. Duke Nukem was in development for something like 15 years, Divinity and Wild Hunt about 3-4. Both games exceeded my expectations.

I found Pillars of Eternity to be boring as tears. Also, supporting Linux and not using DRM software has nothing to do with the "best RPG" category.

Not sure what you mean about the whole vaporware thing. Duke Nukem was in development for something like 15 years, Divinity and Wild Hunt about 3-4. Both games exceeded my expectations.

For me, Linux support and DRM-free release are prerequisites to play the game, i.e. if those conditions aren't met, then it's not playable.

Regarding Golden Duke Nukem - it was a joke about serious delays of Divinity: Original Sin and Witcher 3 Linux releases. Divinity Original Sin might come out this December at least, which would be a year and a half after the initial release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom