The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt leads the Game Awards 2015 with 7 nominations

+
Since some of you mentioned Hearts of Stone, I'll pitch in to say it summarizes the whole of TW3 pretty well. Good story, great graphics, impressive combat sequences but... tons of unavoidable combat, main encounters designed to be played a certain way (arcade-ish), limited interaction, limited dialogue, limited characterization. It was however LOTS of fun, just like the whole of TW3. TW3 deserves many awards, but certainly not "best RPG" :)

An RPG does not have to have unlimited choice and customization options. The Witcher franchise has always been about assuming the role of a fixed protagonist with a well-established back story. You either like Geralt or you don't. I don't think CDPR should have to cater to each player's fantasy of what they want their Geralt to be like. I've even seen people complain on here that they couldn't sleep with Ciri. Yeesh. This isn't a Bioware game.

@sevean: There were several threads about where Witcher 3 falls short as an RPG in comparison with other great examples of the genre. And it's not about predefined character to be clear. You can refer to those threads. It doesn't make TW3 a bad game, from what I hear - it's a very good game, it just means that as an RPG it could be better.

Last edited:
I love how Fallout 4 got nominated for GOTY even though it's a complete and utter piece of shit.. and is only on there because it's "supposed" to be on there. If Witcher 3 doesn't win all 7 that it's up for, there's shenanigans afoot. I mean fucking truly.

What?! Fallout 4 only came few days ago, how can it possibly be nominated for GOTY?

Are you serious?? I have been playing Fallout 4 for a few days now and have to force myself to play it it seems. It holds no water compared to W3.

---------- Updated at 04:12 PM ----------

I love how Fallout 4 got nominated for GOTY even though it's a complete and utter piece of shit.. and is only on there because it's "supposed" to be on there. If Witcher 3 doesn't win all 7 that it's up for, there's shenanigans afoot. I mean fucking truly.

I'm not liking FO4 much. It doesn't seem any different than FO New Vegas to me. Yes W3 should win GOTY hands down.

Further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Vaporware is software that is announced without any intention of developing the same, for the purpose of preventing sales of competitors' software. Not merely any software that is imagined by prospective customers but does not materialize.

Explicit or implied claims that any game software is vaporware are out of order.

Last edited:
Well deserved awards for sure! Would definitely be my RPG of the Year, but...

As I only play on the Wii U nowadays, the only games that are worth playing for me are Wii U games. Especially on a normal pad, because the Wii U's nunchuck doesn't give that digital and physical freedom feeling.

So, as I mentioned, on Wii U there were many good games - sadly not many of the mainstream ones. I don't know why developers don't at least port the games there - it's as worthy as other consoles or PC, especially with it's market increasing.

That of course meant I had to borrow a PC from a friend to play Witcher 3. Normally I wouldn't betray my trusty console, but for Witcher I did. And man it was great. Pity the devs didn't bother with the release on Wii U.
I will have to write a petition about it..

EDIT: Hope that isn't off topic too much, I wrote it before I saw the mod message.

The Witcher 3 without a doubt the game of the Year ! It will be hard for other game developers to reach this level for the upcomming years.
Maybe Cyberpunk2077 will be on that level again :p .

Last edited:

Realisticly the Witcher 3 should win most...

But games industry awards seem to operate like the FIFA World cup.

Witcher 3 surely wins game of the year, I expected it to win before the game was released and my opinion hasn't changed after my 4th play through

MGSV is the biggest rival, while the game play mechanics, graphics and general polish of the game is very good, the plot was probably the worst in the series and the dialogue pales in comparison to the Witcher.

Fallout 4 (while enjoying it immensely) hasn't done anything ground breaking, it is the same Fallout formula with added features and a bigger game world. the graphics are a massive massive let down for me

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a master piece of a game and should take home GOTY

Witcher 3 surely wins game of the year, I expected it to win before the game was released and my opinion hasn't changed after my 4th play through

MGSV is the biggest rival, while the game play mechanics, graphics and general polish of the game is very good, the plot was probably the worst in the series and the dialogue pales in comparison to the Witcher.

Fallout 4 (while enjoying it immensely) hasn't done anything ground breaking, it is the same Fallout formula with added features and a bigger game world. the graphics are a massive massive let down for me

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a master piece of a game and should take home GOTY

I feel the same. MGSV is the biggest rival...and I am an insane MGS fanboy...but have to admit that Witcher probably takes the cake this year.

Comparing MGSV to other MGS titles and saying it may have the weakest plot of the series is like comparing a Lambo to a Ferrari...one may be faster...but they are both still insanely fast, expensive, and subjectively better than the one I drive.

MGSV did a lot of things right and amazingly well....certainly more things than they did wrong...and even the things they did wrong are still better than some of the rights done by other titles out there.

Witcher 3 and MGSV, imo are in the same boat of taking a (semi-) linear game and converting it into an open world as if it always were. Both were fantastically done in their own right. They both have incredible detail, voice acting, graphics, etc. Both of their main stories are weak, yet both provide hundreds of hours of gameplay (at least for me. My 2 most-played titles this year) I try other games and still jump back to both of these. If they were to separate awards of Fantasy/Swords/thing related to this from shooters/guns/things related to this...both would surely be winners.

But....since they are not separated....I truly think Witcher will be the one to win GOTY among any notable annual contests.

TL;DR: I'm a Metal Gear fanboy to an extreme...and even I have to admit that Witcher 3 will end up considered GOTY. Do I feel bad? No...because both are easily the top two games of the year in their own right....as for Fallout 4....it'll fall in a close 3rd behind these two as it is another fallout game in another fallout setting with another fallout story. But hey....they added weapon customization. Good job, Bethesda. Welcome to 2015.

Reasonably should win them all.
News link.

Thank you for your kind words Guys & Gals!

if witcher 3 wins GOTY cdpr SHOULD make more two expansions POST GAME! (witcher universe has much more history other than wild hunt)

everyone (including myself) are complaining about the lack of playable content after we beat the game

it feels geralt is all alone without triss , ciri and yennefer

kinda depressing if u ask me!

TW3 isn't the only good game released this year but it sure as hell is the best one and definitely deserve all the recognition it can get

In a year of many heavy weight title like MGSV & Fallout 4. A lesser game that was launched half a year ago would have long been forgotten.

I cannot comment on MGSV because I am boycotting Konami but I do play Fallout 4 now. I will not lie, Fallout 4 is a lot of fun but the experience is totally different. Playing Fallout 4 is like watching a blockbuster movies like Avengers. the Witcher however is like Titanic.

To me, Witcher 3 is undoubtedly GOTY because there maybe games as fun as the Witcher 3 but none was developed with so much passion, so much care for detail and an insane obsession for perfection.

The whole time I am playing Fallout 4... listening to the juvenile conversations, looking at atrociously horrific facial and character animation, dull muddy texture, static environment... I cant stop thinking, how great would it be if it were CDPR who made Fallout 4. I would have glorious dynamic visuals, superb voice acting, excellent cut scenes, great animation and a darker world that is more fitting of a post apocalyptic world.

I would have enjoyed Fallout 4 a lot more if it came out 6 months ago and The Witcher 3 later. I hate you CDPR, now I am so spoiled that I cannot fully enjoy a lot of games now >.<

Last edited:
TW3 isn't the only good game released this year but it sure as hell is the best one and definitely deserve all the recognition it can get

MGV5 is the only who can offer trouble for witcher not be GOTY

however despite of my enjoyment in metal gear, the game itself is very predictable, the plot is a mess to justify some events of the first game and the gameplay it's very repetitive.

In a year of many heavy weight title like MGSV & Fallout 4. A lesser game that was launched half a year ago would have long been forgotten.

I cannot comment on MGSV because I am boycotting Konami but I do play Fallout 4 now. I will not lie, Fallout 4 is a lot of fun but the experience is totally different. Playing Fallout 4 is like watching a blockbuster movies like Avengers. the Witcher however is like Titanic.

To me, Witcher 3 is undoubtedly GOTY because there maybe games as fun as the Witcher 3 but none was developed with so much passion, so much care for detail and an insane obsession for perfection.

The whole time I am playing Fallout 4... listening to the juvenile conversations, looking at atrociously horrific facial and character animation, dull muddy texture, static environment... I cant stop thinking, how great would it be if it were CDPR who made Fallout 4. I would have glorious dynamic visuals, superb voice acting, excellent cut scenes, great animation and a darker world that is more fitting of a post apocalyptic world.

I would have enjoyed Fallout 4 a lot more if it came out 6 months ago and The Witcher 3 later. I hate you CDPR, now I am so spoiled that I cannot fully enjoy a lot of games now >.<

If you want real RPGs give Pillars of Eternity or Divinity - Original Sin a try. Fallout 4 is hardly an RPG anymore, it has more in common with Borderlands than Fallout 1 & 2 and Fallout NV. And Obsidian should make Fallout 5, some of the people there worked on Fallout 1 & 2 and NV. They know how to write a story and create a believable world.

As for Witcher 3.... if it wins GOTY maybe a third expansion? :)

Or are you guys at CDPR tired of the witcher universe now and you want to get on with Cyberpunk?

Last edited:
If you want real RPGs give Pillars of Eternity or Divinity - Original Sin a try. Fallout 4 is hardly an RPG anymore, it has more in common with Borderlands than Fallout 1 & 2 and Fallout NV. And Obsidian should make Fallout 5, some of the people there worked on Fallout 1 & 2 and NV. They know how to write a story and create a believable world.

As for Witcher 3.... if it wins GOTY maybe a third expansion? :)

Or are you guys at CDPR tired of the witcher universe now and you want to get on with Cyberpunk?

I have heard good things about PoE and Original Sins and they are on my to play list of game :)

I am not really particular about the genre of a game. RPG, FPS, Adventure etc they dont matter. I simply want a quality game. As a matter of fact I enjoy Borderlands a great deal (just got tired of the farming). Handsome Jack and Claptrap kept me entertained all the time - great voice acting there.

I think CDPR should spend more time making Cyberpunk once Blood & Wine is done. I dont think I will be physically capable of playing it if it stay true to its name and releases in the year 2077 :p

Top Bottom