The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - new gameplay footage with LIVE developer commentary and Q&A on GOG.com Twitch channel!

+
Awesome gameplay.

Good:
- The world looks amazing. I will spend half my time chasing geese.
- Sirens underwater: my jaw dropped.
- Music seems very, very nice. Hope it's diversified enough though.
- Well, how to say? Everything except what I've listed below looks awesome.

Not so good:
- UI
- yeah, graphics are technically not as good as I expected. Very good visuals otherwise.
- combat (still not convinced)
- not enough dialog choices in the hour of gameplay we've seen. So far the game looked like an adventure game with branches in the storyline, not what I would call a RPG.
- a bit concerned about the main story. Ciri as a "badass" "weapon" to "save the world"? Even the narration as explained so far makes me think of the books a lot (books alternate between Geralt and Ciri points of view). I liked what TW2 did with story and narration (except the Prologue which was terrible in my opinion).

Last edited:
Abit disapointed personaly. Same gameplay that was already on youtube, with pausing that consisting mostly of PR talk. As for the quetions, well they did not adress any technical issues, or the platform/setings that this demo was played on. It was interesting to know that there are several attack animations that we can unlock and use, but i really hope they a take a more dark souls approach to the combat, where you have complete and precise control of the character, rather than the pirquete system they used in Witcher 2. They said they are inspired by batman Arkham Asylum forthe combat, and this is not that great for me peronaly.

Not only. They took some questions from the "stream" but I highly doubt it was chat. Not sure what they meant.

I think they meant answer questions in the chat but then it was overflooded with trolls
and while a serious guy just look the stream or post once or twice, a troll...well they post as physically possible

Worst announcement/news so far. Thanks for the massive spoiler. :wallbash: :popo:

Well, Geralt won't die, it seems, but it is not such a spoiler. It would make sense to be able to play after the main story, but I really hope that the world will adjust to the final state. If the war is won by one side, it should be reflected, as well as other significant events, with dialogues and such. I would hate to have it any other way. So if CDPR go for it, they should at least do it right.

I just realized how amazing the character's facial expressions are. Take the bath scene for example, the nuances are just incredible. The look on Geralt's face after he says "Think Emhyr cares if I'm clean?", also the expression of the guy holding the towel for Geralt - and the way he turns his head away, they're all very natural. Great job, CDPR!
By the way, I wonder how they implemented these facial animations.

Last edited:
Well, Geralt won't die, it seems, but it is not such a spoiler. It would make sense to be able to play after the main story, but I really hope that the world will adjust to the final state. If the war is won by one side, it should be reflected, as well as other significant events, with dialogues and such. I would hate to have it any other way. So if CDPR go for it, they should at least do it right.

For me it's a huge spoiler that Geralt doesn't die at the end of the game, especially given the fact that it is Geralt's "final" game (according to CDPR) and that him dead would be totally in line with how Sapkowski established his world...

To be that is just another "oh, the "market" (aka Skyrim fans) wants to play the game after the main story ends" adjustment for which I have absolutely no understanding. Thanks for nothing here but a huge spoiler, CDPR...

For me it's a huge spoiler that Geralt doesn't die at the end of the game, especially given the fact that it is Geralt's "final" game (according to CDPR) and that him dead would be totally in line with how Sapkowski established his world...

Well, according to Sapkowski's most recent book, Geralt is alive and well. So I figured we won't have an option to choose his death in TW3. I do not need any playing after the main quest ends, but if it does not break anything, and stuff is adjusted, let it be. Those who want it will be happy, and for the rest it won't matter anyway.

The game does look awesome, and I have to restrict myself to watch everything, don't want any new spoilers. It is like a spoiler-fest out there, and I better go into hiding for a while. :)

Well, according to Sapkowski's most recent book, Geralt is alive and well. So I figured we won't have an option to choose his death in TW3. I do not need any playing after the main quest ends, but if it does not break anything, and stuff is adjusted, let it be. Those who want it will be happy, and for the rest it won't matter anyway.

The game does look awesome, and I have to restrict myself to watch everything, don't want any new spoilers. It is like a spoiler-fest out there, and I better go into hiding for a while. :)

Isn't Seasons of Storms set BEFORE the saga about Ciri??? (Please don't tell me too much about it, I haven't read it yet...)

And CDPR's games are "fan fiction" anyway so I don't think that Geralt's possible death would have in any way interfered with what Sapkowski has planned for his book character. Let's just say, that I'm very sad that they decided to spoiler such a big thing just to beable to confirm a "yeah, ok, it's nice to have" feature. You know, I play the games primarily for the story (combat sadly isn't that good anyway) and knowing something like that takes away much from the tension. It's like GRRM telling all the fans of the ASOAIF series that characters X and Y will survive no matter what but worse. Just think about a hard decision at the end of the game in which you could decide whether you risk your life or not. Knowing that you will surive no matter what would make that kind of pointless. Not cool, not cool at all... :(

There are 36 world end states. All that the possibility to continue after the end state indicates is that at least 1 of these end states still has either Geralt or Cirilla or both still alive.... nothing forces this to be 'alive regardless of actions' across all end states.

Top Bottom