The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - new gameplay footage with LIVE developer commentary and Q&A on GOG.com Twitch channel!

+
It's like GRRM telling all the fans of the ASOAIF series that characters X and Y will survive no matter what. Not cool, not cool at all... :(

ASOIAF spoiler:
Hm, Arya will survive because GRRM's wife explicitly prohibited him to kill her off. :)
Yeah, I hear you. Probably they should have left it out of their presentation, and kept it a surprise. I got a nasty spoiler about werebears, and decided not to watch anything about TW3 anymore.

ASOIAF spoiler:
Hm, Arya will survive because GRRM's wife explicitly prohibited him to kill her off. :)
Yeah, I hear you. Probably they should have left it out of their presentation, and kept it a surprise. I got a nasty spoiler about werebears, and decided not to watch anything about TW3 anymore.
Well, you're still on the forum talking with us about spoilers... ;)

About the spoiler thing here: I think they should have decided against being able to play the game after the main story ends. That's how classic story-driven RPGs always worked. Curse that "modern" open world design BS... :(

I just saw the uncompressed version of the gameplay and...

Worst announcement/news so far. Thanks for the massive spoiler. :wallbash: :popo:

Just because you can free roam after you beat the game doesn't mean Geralt doesn't die. There are tons of open world games where the main character dies but you still get to free roam.

I just saw the uncompressed version of the gameplay and...
Link?

Just because you can free roam after you beat the game doesn't mean Geralt doesn't die. There are tons of open world games where the main character dies but you still get to free roam.
Sorry, but in that case these games are badly designed. Couldn't think of a bigger immersion killer than that. And from a story perspective (we talk about an RPG here) it makes no sense at all.

Beards hard on the eye? Takes away from elegance?

Ok, so I'm siding with the North against Nilfgaard.

I dont know about the "spoiler" controversy, but at least ONE guy over here has his fucking priorities right, goddamon. :p

I didnt catch the last part of the Q & A... Did they talk at all about the goodies that will be included in the GOG version? I might be completely off here, but I had the impression they were gonna touch that subject...

Last edited:
Did they talk at all about the goodies that will be included in the GOG version? I might be completely off here, but I had the impression they were gonna touch that subject...

No, they didn't mention anything about that. All questions were strictly limited to gameplay and etc.

Last edited:
For me it's a huge spoiler that Geralt doesn't die at the end of the game, especially given the fact that it is Geralt's "final" game (according to CDPR) and that him dead would be totally in line with how Sapkowski established his world...

To be that is just another "oh, the "market" (aka Skyrim fans) wants to play the game after the main story ends" adjustment for which I have absolutely no understanding. Thanks for nothing here but a huge spoiler, CDPR...
While I don't care for the bitterness, I'm with you in the general dislike.

That being said, I'm hoping that "an option to still play" suggests that there are other options in which it's not possible. Other endings where, well...

And the meaning of the ugly duckling is that TW3 just killed the nvidia GPU... errr... duck? :D

Nope, the meaning is that atm, more and more of people give the game the "ugly duckling" treatment (MUH DOWNGRADE, MUH CASUALIZATION), but when the game is released, that duckling will become what we know it becomes in the end of the tale/cartoon. :)

looks too good

plz downgrade

Almost a whole day without a gui in witcher chat? Wtf Pinoy

@Scholdarr
You ignored the part of the post you quoted:
There will be an option to still play after you complete the game.
The part you ignored is the OPTION,

That means you may not be able to.
@Dragonbird yes madam ! :popo:

Last edited:
The part you ignored is the OPTION,

...etc. DB version.
Well, that depends on how you define "option" here. For me it means that you can continue playing after the main story is done but you don't have to. It doesn't mean to me that you can only continue playing in certain outcomes of the main story. And I can tell you why I think so. CDPR has already shown that they don't like to piss off players in W3 so making an outcome of the main story in which Geralt dies (and you don't know that before if the story is well written!) and which forces players to end the game seems unrealistic to me.

Of course it could also indeed mean that you can continue playing even if Geralt has died at the end of the game. But that would imo be the most horrible possilibity. That'd be just downright stupid game design.

To me the possiblity that Geralt never dies at the end of the game just makes most sense here based on CDPR's statement. Simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that depends on how you define "option" here. For me it means that you can continue playing after the main story is done but you don't have to. It doesn't mean to me that you can only continue playing in certain outcomes of the main story. And I can tell you why I think so. CDPR has already shown that they don't like to piss off players in W3 so making an outcome of the main story in which Geralt dies (and you don't know that before if the story is well written!) and which forces players to end the game seems unrealistic to me.

Of course it could also indeed mean that you can continue playing even if Geralt has died at the end of the game. But that would imo be the most horrible possilibity. That'd be just downright stupid game design.

To me the possiblity that Geralt never dies at the end of the game just makes most sense here based on CDPR's statement. Simple.

Not often I agree with you but here I do.

was the 2015 demo running on XBONE?

The controls are those from a Xbox controller, but maybe it was played on PC using a xbone controller.
Does anyone know? Sorry if this question has been asked but i haven't found an answer yet.
Thanks.

The controls are those from a Xbox controller, but maybe it was played on PC using a xbone controller.
Does anyone know? Sorry if this question has been asked but i haven't found an answer yet.
Thanks.

Yes, it was played on PC using an Xbox controller.

Oh come on! The statement about being able to play after you finish, is like with most games these days, whether you die or not, there are always things in the game that you didn't do for whatever reason, and playing after you see the end credits gives you the opportunity to finish those.

Whether Geralt dies or not doesn't matter one bit if what you are doing doesn't affect the storyline. But it really all depends on whether he lives or dies as to how much you'll be able to do.

Top Bottom