The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt now available for preload on GOG.com and Steam!

+
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt now available for preload on GOG.com and Steam!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available for preload on GOG.com and Steam with the Origin release following on the 14th. Everyone who pre-orders the highly anticipated, next-generation RPG, can choose to preload the game and be one of the very first to play The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt when it goes live on May 19th.

At GOG.com, the simplest way to preload the game is through the recently announced GOG Galaxy client. GOG Galaxy is fully integrated into the DRM-free release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and includes convenient auto-updates, game time tracking and achievements.

The game is also available for preload to gamers who purchased Wild Hunt on Xbox Live, and will be available for PlayStation Network users soon.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be officially released and unlocked on May 19, at 1:00 AM CET (Warsaw time), i.e:

May 18th, 4.00 pm PT (Los Angeles)
May 18th, 7.00 pm ET (New York)
May 19th, 00.00 am BT (London)
May 19th, 2.00 am UT (Moscow)
May 19th, 8.00 am JT (Tokyo).

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be officially released and unlocked on May 19, at 1:00 AM CET (Warsaw time), i.e:

May 18th, 4.00 pm PT (Los Angeles)
May 18th, 7.00 pm ET (New York)
May 19th, 00.00 am BT (London)
May 19th, 2.00 am UT (Moscow)
May 19th, 8.00 am JT (Tokyo).

Thanks for this, some people got confused with the time-zones. :)

Is the soundtrack from gog.com complete? Or will it be updated after 19th May?

The soundtrack is "complete", but there are more than 10 hours *if my memory serves* of music in the full game, of which the OST is a sample.

The 4 "bonus" tracks form tracks 32-35 of the GoG OST.

Ugh, my download is going hellishly slow. I hope you can continue downloading where it left off if you exit and later start GOG Galaxy again.

Yeah, just tested it, but downloading through the browser seems to go faster, so I'll stick to that. Maybe I'll later import the folder to Galaxy, because apparently that's possible, if I understand correctly.

Yeah, you can. :)

Can someone tell me if I preload all 7 parts should I place them in the same folder or so? I've never preloaded a game before, this is actually my first-ever preordered game so idk! :3 I'm using GOG.

Last edited:
how big is the preload?

i read somewhere it's 21.9gb. is this right?
the game should be 40gb, IIRC....

is the preload 6 bin files and one EXE file?

also, the place where i heard the above info said you can find the preload on torrents as certain websites who sell keys released the torrent (which is an encrypted preload. you cant open it without a legit key), like GTAV was released (i should know. i bought GTAV from such website and preloaded it from torrent. got the key 2 days before release and unlocked it).
you have any info on this?

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if I preload all 7 parts should I place them in the same folder or so? I've never preloaded a game before, this is actually my first-ever preordered game so idk! :3 I'm using GOG.

Keep them together in one folder. The installer will want to find them all in the same place. That folder can be anywhere, even on a big USB key if you plan to do multiple installs.

---------- Updated at 01:24 PM ----------

how big is the preload?

i read somewhere it's 21.9gb. is this right?
the game should be 40gb, IIRC....

21.9GB is right, at least for the GOG downloader. Installed size is 24.5GB. The installer checks for 25.1GB before starting.

Previous estimates that the game will need 35 to 50GB may have been overly cautious. However, language packs may add to the installed size.

Keep them together in one folder. The installer will want to find them all in the same place. That folder can be anywhere, even on a big USB key if you plan to do multiple installs.

---------- Updated at 01:24 PM ----------

21.9GB is right, at least for the GOG downloader. Installed size is 24.5GB. The installer checks for 25.1GB before starting.

Previous estimates that the game will need 35 to 50GB may have been overly cautious. However, language packs may add to the installed size.

thanks for the answer, mate.
any info about the other question about the torrent preload option?
since it worked well with GTAV for me i kinda trust it, but wanted to ask still....

thanks for the answer, mate.
any info about the other question about the torrent preload option?
since it worked well with GTAV for me i kinda trust it, but wanted to ask still....

There's pretty well nothing to prevent people from putting the preload up for torrenting, but CDPR and GOG don't countenance it. You want to fool around with torrents, if you get into a mess, the moderators will just say "Told you so."

Seriously, they put a lot of effort and money into providing a well-provisioned CDN for GOG, and torrents are a lousy alternative to a robust CDN.

Last edited:
Torrents are indeed something that most take as un-safe, but in many cases they are simply faster and more efficient when the servers are under pressure, like now.

thanks for the info, guynwash! appreciated.

Finally here , but now that i took a better look at the dates : P
Any reason for not releasing on Friday or Saturday ... since a lot of people need to work or study and will not be able to fully enjoy the game during work days _O_,

That's why Steam is awesome.

Click pre-load point it to the Library I want to use and it downloaded while I was at work. It took all day to preload, but no user input was required and it's all sitting there waiting for the automatic unlock command.

---------- Updated at 03:21 PM ----------

Torrents are indeed something that most take as un-safe, but in many cases they are simply faster and more efficient when the servers are under pressure, like now.

thanks for the info, guynwash! appreciated.

Agreed. Torrents are very maligned. Demonized by Big Media for their own ends. It's just like walking down the street in a city. Take a shortcut down an alley and you might not like what happens. Stay in well lit areas and you are fine for the most part.

---------- Updated at 03:23 PM ----------

Finally here , but now that i took a better look at the dates : P
Any reason for not releasing on Friday or Saturday ... since a lot of people need to work or study and will not be able to fully enjoy the game during work days _O_,

Tradition. :)

New games drop Tuesday. Movies Thursday (or Friday) ?

Top Bottom